I just don't see what's in it for me.

Sex - isn't that special
Cooking - modern women won't do it
Cleaning - modern women won't do it
Childcare - modern women won't do it
Divorce - a huge risk

The math just doesn't add up.

Edit:
I'm the decent looking guy with a great career that women supposedly want, finding a woman isn't particularly hard. Although most of the good looking ones have paired up now I'm in my mid 30s.

Also most of the women I know are cheaters, including those I've dated but also those I know. Also my parents and the parents of the vast majority of my friends are divorced, so there's a lot of evidence around me showing marriage not working out. In all cases involving a kid - the woman took the house and the kid and the guy had to pay monthly.

Edit 2:
Economically - I believe that women have been tricked into working. The supply of workers has doubled, but the demand for workers has not. This means employers are able to get workers for a cheaper price. This is why families used to be able to survive on one salary (the man's) but now a family requires two salaries. So even if you want to live a traditional lifestyle (a housewife) you economically can't. The consequence being that the children aren't raised properly, the family doesn't eat well, and the property stock isn't as well maintained. It's actually economically worse than that because the family has to pay childcare. I can imagine a scenario where all the women quit work, men's salaries quickly double, the family no longer has to pay childcare, and women realise it was a scam.

Sex - isn't that special
Divorce - a huge risk

The math just doesn't add up.

I think that's the path a lot of modern men are taking. I'd beg to differ abit on the sex part that's down to your own experience and what you make it.

A lot of middle aged men will settle for a secondhand car, but not want a secondhand wife. The problem for them is many British women are very much secondhand at 16, let alone 46, so finding a mint condition one, and even without the baggage of teenage kids in tow, to boot, is a problem.
I cant say i agree with this at all..... The kids maybe, but that can go both ways with men and women i suppose but i think it is nonsence that middle aged men are looking for virgin wives!.......... I can only speak for myself but i know when i was single kids was not a show stopper for me really - which is funny as i never wanted children of my own until i got with my current wife and as for their past relationships - i really could not care less if they had relationships before me and now mid 40s would be surprised if a woman hadnt had one if i was looking.

and as for the very much second hand at 16........... that is a pretty offensive thing to even think, let alone say isnt it?

Sex - isn't that special
Divorce - a huge risk

Are their standards becoming 'too high' or have they simply realised there is potentially more to life than being some guys live in maid that he expects (by the sound of it, unfulfilling) sex from?

I blame the internet. Lots of single blokes sitting in their bedroom gaming their life away rather than going out and actually meeting women.
Women expecting the man they want to be rich and succesful...
YouTube, gaming, pron.
Rinse repeat.
It’s a sad life, I’ve lived it.
(Until I got off my ass and did something about it).

Male friends who are long- term single invariably have issues. If I was a woman, I wouldn't date them.

As to the general increase in people being single, I think that's a trend that's been coming since the 1980s.

Personally, I'm much happier as part of a couple. It also makes the financial side much easier!

My mid 20's son has said the same. A lot of his friends seem to swing both ways.
I am a live and let live kind of person. So long as all people in a relationship are happy that is what matters...... Same sex relationship (if you are talking physical and not just 2 mates living together and sharing bills) is a none starter for me. I would argue for ever for the right of 2 men to be a couple, but it isnt something i could ever consider.

For Women in general - again not always but just IME - it is a slighly different thing.... even straight women the thought does not turn their stomach as much as it does with some straight men. indeed from a practical point of view women only relationships is an even bigger problem for us straight guys....... what single straight guys really need is more gay guys to empty out the talent pool a bit..... Homophobic guys should keep that in mind ;)

I cant say i agree with this at all..... The kids maybe, but that can go both ways with men and women i suppose but i think it is nonsence that middle aged men are looking for virgin wives!.......... I can only speak for myself but i know when i was single kids was not a show stopper for me really - which is funny as i never wanted children of my own until i got with my current wife and as for their past relationships - i really could not care less if they had relationships before me and now mid 40s would be surprised if a woman hadnt had one if i was looking.

and as for the very much second hand at 16........... that is a pretty offensive thing to even think, let alone say isnt it?

Offensive? Are facts offensive now just because some dislike them?

Among those aged 35 to 44, 21% of men and 14% of women first had sex under 16. Published by the NHS Information Centre, today's report found that one in 10 young people aged 16 to 24 have had 10 or more sexual partners. But 26% of women and 32% of men aged 16 to 24 say they have never had sex.

That's from the UK in 2011. I'm not just thinking it, I am presenting the statistics. If you go back to say 2008 the figures are markedly worse, in 2008 the UK had the second highest teenage pregnancy figures in the world. So I stand by saying a lot of 16 year olds are pretty second hand.

Back
Top Bottom