The Rise of Lonely Single Straight Men

Male friends who are long- term single invariably have issues. If I was a woman, I wouldn't date them.

As to the general increase in people being single, I think that's a trend that's been coming since the 1980s.

Personally, I'm much happier as part of a couple. It also makes the financial side much easier!
Obviously it makes sense for you, you can swap parts with Mrs. Potatogate.

Offensive? Are facts offensive now just because some dislike them?

Among those aged 35 to 44, 21% of men and 14% of women first had sex under 16. Published by the NHS Information Centre, today's report found that one in 10 young people aged 16 to 24 have had 10 or more sexual partners. But 26% of women and 32% of men aged 16 to 24 say they have never had sex.

That's from the UK in 2011. I'm not just thinking it, I am presenting the statistics. If you go back to say 2008 the figures are markedly worse, in 2008 the UK had the second highest teenage pregnancy figures in the world. So I stand by saying a lot of 16 year olds are pretty second hand.
Maybe it is the way you say it? What is with calling people 'second hand' is that a done thing in your world?

Yep, same here. Plus the women are I know who have started same sex relationships are all 30+.
Indeed the men I've know have a multitude of hobbies to keep their interest, or 'fill the void' of not being in a relationship. The women, not so much.

I've just had a look at the pew study the article are based on and the original article in psychology today is pretty lazy, the pew study notes a rise in both sexes of being unpartnered. The article ignores this and instead focuses on men, noting that men make up the bulk of dating apps and sites (nothing new), men are typically happier in a relationship (nothing new), ignores previous studies that show men have always been happier later in life when compared to women or how women in general are unhappier than they were 40/50 years ago.

Seems to me that the psychologist in question had a piece about 'lonely, single men' before hand and used the pew study to fill in the blanks so to speak. Hell, the cynic in me would question if its been written to counter the rise of the '30+, lonely, single cat ladies' that are peppered everywhere across social media.

Maybe it is the way you say it? What is with calling people 'second hand' is that a done thing in your world?

Yes of course. Virgin / virginal means untouched or unsullied. Secondhand means used. Even 1 careful owner is spiel for secondhand ;) Why do you think some men insist on a virginity test? They don't want to be buying into the secondhand market unknowingly. Sheesh, people get so sensitive when the truth is spoken in plain English. I think the wife is a bit more PC, she seems to favour saying "been round the garden a few times".

Seems to me that the psychologist in question had a piece about 'lonely, single men'
exactly, seemed he based it on his tik-tok service he is promoting for his echo chamber market segment, so, all self-fulfilling/serving - do, other, middle aged men do tik tok.

With so many options, it’s not surprising that women are increasingly selective. I do a live TikTok show (@abetterloveproject) and speak with hundreds of audience members every week; I hear recurring dating themes from women between the ages of 25 and 45: They prefer men who are emotionally available, who are good communicators, and who share their values.

After the military, Dr. Matos began specializing in systems work and specialized in Gottman-Method Couples Therapy. He is the founder of the California-based charity A Better Love Project. This 501c3 media company teaches core life and relationship skills to thousands daily on TikTok and elsewhere @abetterloveproject. Greg believes in the democratization of relationship science and core psychological skills.

I've just had a look at the pew study the article are based on and the original article in psychology today is pretty lazy, the pew study notes a rise in both sexes of being unpartnered. The article ignores this and instead focuses on men, noting that men make up the bulk of dating apps and sites (nothing new), men are typically happier in a relationship (nothing new), ignores previous studies that show men have always been happier later in life when compared to women or how women in general are unhappier than they were 40/50 years ago.

Seems to me that the psychologist in question had a piece about 'lonely, single men' before hand and used the pew study to fill in the blanks so to speak. Hell, the cynic in me would question if its been written to counter the rise of the '30+, lonely, single cat ladies' that are peppered everywhere across social media.
I assumed it was a going to be a pretty shallow click bait analysis tbh, thanks for confirming it.

Yes of course. Virgin / virginal means untouched or unsullied. Secondhand means used. Even 1 careful owner is spiel for secondhand ;) Why do you think some men insist on a virginity test? They don't want to be buying into the secondhand market unknowingly. Sheesh, people get so sensitive when the truth is spoken in plain English. I think the wife is a bit more PC, she seems to favour saying "been round the garden a few times".
Its not sensitive, you are just plain rude and I find it quite strange for people to refer to women as 'second hand'. I've never known anybody insist on a virginity test either. Some strange world you inhabit.

Ironically Chris Wilson hates Muslims, but seems to have a lot in common with their extremists.

Personally, I'm much happier as part of a couple. It also makes the financial side much easier!
I guess that depends. Are both partners earning the same? Are both partners long term plans aligned?

I earn 3x my wife's income because of the industries we both chose to build our careers in. But most of the big financial draws are due to desires in her life, such as children and bigger houses. If it were just left to me I would buy a (still lovely) property in a quieter and cheaper location. But my wife has always wanted the big house and drove the decision to have children. Obviously it is a joint decision and I have agreed to it at each point in life. But if I were single then I would be doing an easier, lower paid job, with lower costs such as a small apartment. I am sure I would be financially better off if I had never married and had children.

It should be possible to talk about the points being made without getting hung up on the language used.

It isn't even necessary to debate everything - it's fine to let someone have their say and not respond to it. Especially now you can just click a reaction emoji.

Ironically Chris Wilson hates Muslims, but seems to have a lot in common with their extremists.

Actually if you had a mind to search my posts, you will find that on several occasions I have said I am in agreement with some aspects of the Muslim religion. But I have never said I "hate" Muslims, at all, can you point me to where I have said this, or are you making it up? I think Muslims and Islam have some sound values.

No it's plain English, and not some politically correct verbosity to flatter women who have put it about a bit :)
No, it's a throwback to some bygone puritanical Victorian illusion of female chastity, that never existed in the first place, and nowadays just promulgated by school children or mgtows who are just scared of women.

Anyway virgins are rubbish as they don't know what they are doing, an experienced woman is far better ;)

So are you saying it's ok for the ment to have had sex before, but not women...

Back
Top Bottom