The ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX/EXTREME Owners Thread

Associate
Will your bundles for the 18 core include this board as a option, and if so is there likely to be enough stock ? Should I pre order this now ? or Should I wait ?

Associate
From caselabs page
** "E-ATX" motherboards such as the ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME will fit in this case with the ATX option. E-ATX motherboards such as the Supermicro H8DG6 will not fit in this case unless the SSI-EEB option is selected. Please cross reference the motherboard tray size with the motherboard dimensions from the manufacturer.

2xspd.jpg

The new board is listed on asus's site as 12 inch x 10.9 inch ( 30.5 cm x 27.7 cm ) so it's 0.5cm wider

I expect it will fit, as images of the board place the mounting holes in the same place as the regular atx and eatx boards.

That said. Imo you don't want to risk it, and don't really want the case anymore so should put it up on the mm for a quick sale.:D

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the extreme version. I have looked at the dimensions. 12"x10.9".
This wouldn't fit with a caselabs sma8 would it with the atx form factor? since the max width is 10.75".

Therefore I am having to upgrade to SSI EEB.? Is this correct?

Yes it should fit a SMA8 as ill be getting the Extreme and I run a SM8. The key is to look at the mount points, which looking at the older board seem to be in the same place so its safe to assume these will fit.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
So, for the extreme. Should I upgrade to SSI EEB form factor space on the sma8? Will this fit?

It should fit in the SMA8, if you look at the MB mount points. However, if you want to upgrade feel free.

I'll be ordering one and I am running a CL Merlin SM8.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Is stock still arriving on Monday?

Also is it possible to run 8 sticks DDR4 (G.Skill Trident Z - 3600 C16 - B-Die) @ 3600 Mhz or will that be too much for the IMC?

Last edited:
Soldato
Rampage vi and 7900x ordered :cool: :D As well as another FTW 3 to fill my lonely case.

Had my RVE a good 2 years now so it's time she went now as I fancy a colour change away from my black/red theme.

All nickel fittings/backplates/cpu block. Black/silver cables and pastel white coolant is my idea now.

Toying with the idea of deliding but going to see how the chip performs first. Will be on custom loop anyway.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Epic choice!

I'm currently stuck choosing between a 7900X or 7940X, as looking at the information from Intel the 7940X should be the sweet spot in the range.

Back
Top Bottom