• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...ns-of-the-galaxy-ray-tracing-dlss-benchmarks/

Sadly seems the game has a few issues though:

- texture pop in
- fps drops/stuttering

Another game needing a patch or 2.

Does look stunning though.
Watched a review and not sure it is my type of game. Might play it some day when I can pick it up for a tenner or less if I have nothing else to play though. Kudos to the dev team for doing a much better job this time around. But I think it is time they get back to making another Deus Ex game.

Permabanned
Caporegime
what if the texture pop in is caused by low amount of vram? what if is not solveable for 10 gb gpu ?

does it happen with 16 gb and 24 cards?

Given the reviews so far show it's not using more vram than required, I doubt it's anything to do with that:

N2uDIU2.png

By 16GB cards, I presume you mean amd ones? If so, as expected, they will have to reduce settings once again due to lack of RT grunt and no FSR in this so vram will not help them here.

Permabanned
Watched a review and not sure it is my type of game. Might play it some day when I can pick it up for a tenner or less if I have nothing else to play though. Kudos to the dev team for doing a much better job this time around. But I think it is time they get back to making another Deus Ex game.

Certainly not the type of game that I would describe as immersive, but the music and humour sparked my interest.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Certainly not the type of game that I would describe as immersive, but the music and humour sparked my interest.
Can’t say from the little I saw that it has that impact on me. Was not really a huge fan of the movie which I watched at the cinema. Fun and worth a watch, but a little cheesy.

Hats off to AMD. Bodes well for the 7000 series, hope they smash nvidia and get some much needed market share back from them. Would be even better if they can beat Ampere RT performance to boot.

Trouble is, unless Matt gets them to sell msrp here like nvidia do, it will end up way too expensive again. Just feels like AMD are taking this we are a premium brand thing too far. They need to sort out UK pricing. If I end up with the 42” OLED next year that will do both g-sync and freesync too, so would be nice to have an all red pc again. But I just can’t see it happening and I feel I will end up with an 4070 FE.

Caporegime
Can’t say from the little I saw that it has that impact on me. Was not really a huge fan of the movie which I watched at the cinema. Fun and worth a watch, but a little cheesy.

Hats off to AMD. Bodes well for the 7000 series, hope they smash nvidia and get some much needed market share back from them. Would be even better if they can beat Ampere RT performance to boot.

Trouble is, unless Matt gets them to sell msrp here like nvidia do, it will end up way too expensive again. Just feels like AMD are taking this we are a premium brand thing too far. They need to sort out UK pricing. If I end up with the 42” OLED next year that will do both g-sync and freesync too, so would be nice to have an all red pc again. But I just can’t see it happening and I feel I will end up with an 4070 FE.

Yup I'm expecting them to at the very least compete against Nvidia next time round in a proper dlss competitor as well as ray tracing but as you said, unless they get UK supply sorted, they'll instantly lose against Nvidia once again for price and stock but given that they don't have to supply consoles next time round, they have no reason not to do well here or at least there is nothing stopping them anyway...

Soldato
I find it interesting that computerbase praises this RT implementation so highly, I personally do not see it, but luckily the game performs very well and their raster solution(s) are quite competent, also DLSS seems to falter in this game, though again a lot less important given the performance available.

Soldato
Those frametime variances on AMD are wild, game must be quite stuttery for them

Erm? no... Do you even know how frame times work? anything below a render of 16ms isn't noticeable at all.

BUT.. do you see that one spike in blue that is an actual register of a stutter that the user would feel.

Nice try.

Associate
No he's right maybe read the article where it states on a 6800XT the frametimes have a larger variance and "no longer feels good" german translation take it as you will, that blue spike, right back at ya, Nice Try !

Soldato
No he's right maybe read the article where it states on a 6800XT the frametimes have a larger variance and "no longer feels good" german translation take it as you will, that blue spike, right back at ya, Nice Try !

I do not need to read the article. I can see from the images and I fully understand how to read a frame time graph.

It's spikes that effect the overall smoothness of at game.
Based on the images above the 6800xt without RT is running around 200fps max give or take and low frame rate is around 111fps give or take.

6800xt with RT you can clearly see it takes a performance hit with lows now around 60fps give or take and highs around 100fps.

The 3080 with RT is running around 90fps with a sharp spike of around 58fps then back up again to 90fps. You would definitely feel this stutter.

This is a very good read
https://techreport.com/review/31546/where-minimum-fps-figures-mislead-frame-time-analysis-shines/

Associate
That is just deflecting from the original article quoted because it didn't fit an agenda, no point fingers in ears and hoping for a different outcome, although i'm sure another who has to "bang on" about AMD etc etc will be along shortly so lets just get it out the way "Godawfall, FC6, 16GB etc etc"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom