• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yeah, hence tweaking settings. I am happy to play on Ultra rather than Extreme for example :p

You should know I was taking the **** about the 8gb vram comment ;)

Assuming optimisation is good along with using FSR/DLSS (is FSR confirmed for the game?) and there aren't any "confirmed" bugs as per FC 6.... ;) I reckon we'll all be good in terms of vram and grunt with maybe only the odd setting turned down, well except for maybe RDNA 2 cards and any RT settings.... :p

Some PC gameplay footage from some twitch streamer:

No clue what his setup is though nor what settings are being used but at least it looks to be running ok and somewhat decent graphics (although defo looked reduced compared to the official gameplay footage)

Debating if to order now whilst it's cheap or wait a couple of months....

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You should know I was taking the **** about the 8gb vram comment ;)

Assuming optimisation is good along with using FSR/DLSS (is FSR confirmed for the game?) and there aren't any "confirmed" bugs as per FC 6.... ;) I reckon we'll all be good in terms of vram and grunt with maybe only the odd setting turned down, well except for maybe RDNA 2 cards and any RT settings.... :p

Some PC gameplay footage from some twitch streamer:

No clue what his setup is though nor what settings are being used but at least it looks to be running ok and somewhat decent graphics (although defo looked reduced compared to the official gameplay footage)

Debating if to order now whilst it's cheap or wait a couple of months....
Haha. Two weeks to go and we will find out what’s what. Will be interesting to see how I get on with my measly 8gb vram. Hopefully using DLSS on performance will be fine though.

Soldato
For any interested, A modder came out with a little tool that disables the sharpening effect that DLSS enables in Red Dead Redemption 2, Works quite well.

1. Download RDR2_RuntimeDLSSPatcher.exe (doesn't have to be in the game's folder)

2. Start RDR2 and wait for the Rockstar Launcher to actually launch the game

3. Once you're in the main menu, double click the tool - and that's it!

4. You probably shouldn't use this for RDR2-Online

From my own experience don't load into the game properly, Alt-Tab and then enable it, Found it tends not to work properly that way, Alt-Tab out once you are at the main menu, Enable the mod, Alt-Tab back in, Then load your game, Done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/s94c0n/tool_to_properly_disable_dlss_sharpening_and/

Soldato
For any interested, A modder came out with a little tool that disables the sharpening effect that DLSS enables in Red Dead Redemption 2, Works quite well.

1. Download RDR2_RuntimeDLSSPatcher.exe (doesn't have to be in the game's folder)

2. Start RDR2 and wait for the Rockstar Launcher to actually launch the game

3. Once you're in the main menu, double click the tool - and that's it!

4. You probably shouldn't use this for RDR2-Online

From my own experience don't load into the game properly, Alt-Tab and then enable it, Found it tends not to work properly that way, Alt-Tab out once you are at the main menu, Enable the mod, Alt-Tab back in, Then load your game, Done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/s94c0n/tool_to_properly_disable_dlss_sharpening_and/

Would be more useful if he made a tool that lets use adjust the level of sharpening for dlss in every game

Permabanned
Flight simulator is getting DLSS support later this year :)

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2022/01/26/developer-interview/
  • World Update 7 will cover Australia with updated satellite imagery, a new digital elevation model, and a bunch of point-of-interest on January 31.
  • Sim Update 8 is focusing on bug fixes only and is delayed a bit, now expected on March 1. The beta possibility will come shortly after World Update 7.
  • World Update 8: Iberia is coming in late March, including both Portugal and Spain.
  • A free Top Gun: Maverick expansion pack is expected to be released in May.
  • Both gliders and helicopters are coming in autumn.
  • Several surprize addon releases are expected during 2022.
  • New propeller simulation, including prop wash, is coming to Cessna and King Air aircraft with Sim Update 8.
  • Several complex 3rd party aircraft are coming within the upcoming months.
  • 3rd party aircraft platform for Xbox Series X|S is coming within 6 months, until then, PMDG DC-6 is not available for console.
  • DLSS support is coming later this year for DirectX 12 mode.
  • Sim Update 9, coming in April, is focusing only on stability issues. Always report performance issues at the official Forums to help the team to investigate.
  • Performace drop issues during long-haul flights will be looked out for Sim Update 9.
  • The next Developer Q&A will be at the end of February, just before Sim Update 8.

Caporegime
Probably worthwhile dying light 2 having its own thread but for time being, footage coming out now and it's looking good all round, few issues to be fixed as expected though.

https://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_recenzje/dying-light-2-recenzja.html

Initially, I approached Dying Light 2 for business purposes - this is another game to test the performance of graphics cards (I invite you to the article on this topic that will appear soon). As a standard, I started looking for suitable test places that would put a heavy load on the graphics card or processor. And that was the last time my family saw me… Dying Light 2 is one of the most interesting and polished games I have played in recent years!

The PC version I had the pleasure to play before the premiere was basically completely bug and glitch-free

At first sight, I was also charmed by the graphics, even though it is quite uneven. It is a true mastery in terms of art and the amount of details of the world, slightly overshadowed by very low-quality textures (although the game still consumes 12 GB of vRAM on the RTX 3080 Ti ...). I also have to praise this title for its great implementation of ray tracing - although the focus here is mainly on shadows and lighting (similar to the latest Metro), it greatly boosts the atmosphere of such a game.

If your equipment allows it, I recommend playing with active Ray Tracing, even at the expense of different settings. Just no resolution! Dying Light 2 has such an amazingly detailed world that even native 1920x1080 looks just dim and the real charm of the game shows at 1440p and above!

UIavAEl.png

uxWNehN.png

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...amd-fsr-ray-tracing-benchmarks/#&gid=1&pid=10

roA0Jnx.png

2I6ZmzS.png

By enabling DLSS Quality (or AMD FSR), we were able to get a smooth 60fps experience at both 1080p and 1440p. As such, DLSS is essential for enabling the game’s Ray Tracing effects. Also, and while FSR Quality runs better than DLSS Quality, its image quality is truly awful. Thus, we recommend staying away from it (unless it’s your only option and you cannot use DLSS). As for 4K/DLSS Quality, our RTX3080 was able to push 31-33fps. Techland claims an RTX3080 with DLSS should be able to provide 60fps with Ray Tracing at 4K, however, that’s not accurate. Hell, even with DLSS Performance Mode, we saw numerous dips to 50fps (though we did have an average of 60fps).

All in all, the Ray Tracing effects of Dying Light 2 are quite demanding. Still, these effects can greatly improve the image quality of the game, so we strongly suggest enabling them if you can. The AMD FSR implementation appears to be okay-ish, though it produces a noticeably blurrier image. On the other hand, NVIDIA DLSS is bugged and suffers from ghosting issues. As said, NVIDIA is working on a fix. Once the green team manages to address these issues, DLSS will be a must for all RTX owners.

I feel another vram debate coming on.... ;) :p :D :cry:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Probably worthwhile dying light 2 having its own thread but for time being, footage coming out now and it's looking good all round, few issues to be fixed as expected though.

https://www.benchmark.pl/testy_i_recenzje/dying-light-2-recenzja.html

UIavAEl.png

uxWNehN.png

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-perfor...amd-fsr-ray-tracing-benchmarks/#&gid=1&pid=10

roA0Jnx.png

2I6ZmzS.png

I feel another vram debate coming on.... ;) :p :D :cry:
We will see how it goes. I will be on it from release so we can see how my 8GB card fares with my tweaked settings :D

That said the RT in this game seems very demanding. I hope they have 3-4 quality settings for RT.

Caporegime
We will see how it goes. I will be on it from release so we can see how my 8GB card fares with my tweaked settings :D

That said the RT in this game seems very demanding. I hope they have 3-4 quality settings for RT.

Hopefully digital foundry will have a settings video up soon... Given the comments, I'll definitely be sacrificing other settings before RT ones though!

Permabanned
Sorry to tell you all... but unless your 3070 is magically sprouting a better GPU the Vram difference is nil, you may see some progress with perhaps Far Cry 6, but no one buys a GPU for one game where textures look no better than FC5's demanding more Vram, you get it..
And yeah the back and forth about Vram has never ended, it made no differences on GTX 580, 680 or heck even the 780 in 99% of situations, but here we go..

GPU grunt runs out before Vram.

Soldato
Hopefully digital foundry will have a settings video up soon... Given the comments, I'll definitely be sacrificing other settings before RT ones though!

I just watched the DF video, I nearly spat out my milk when I saw the game runs at 1080p 30fps on the PlayStation 5, wtflol. But ok now I can see why, with RT on even a RTX3080 gets slammed

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I just watched the DF video, I nearly spat out my milk when I saw the game runs at 1080p 30fps on the PlayStation 5, wtflol. But ok now I can see why, with RT on even a RTX3080 gets slammed
And if the 3080 is getting slammed the 3090 won't fair much better with its 15-20% extra performance ;)

Everyone will have to turn something down in this game it seems :cry:

Permabanned
And if the 3080 is getting slammed the 3090 won't fair much better with its 15-20% extra performance ;)

Everyone will have to turn something down in this game it seems :cry:
High settings, no RT.
Realistically though shadows are the first I go for, bring them down to a level where you have IQ / FPS.
Back in the day you could get away with running Battlefield 3 with medium shadows and SSAO and see a literal 1% IQ drop and people thought I was lying about my GTX 480 back then on 1080P LOL because the final image looks exactly like Ultra, you just can't really tell in motion at all.

It was more common for people to obsess over ultra quality and everyone just assumed I was getting 75+ FPS on ultra and fooling people... Different time back then.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
High settings, no RT.
Realistically though shadows are the first I go for, bring them down to a level where you have IQ / FPS.
Back in the day you could get away with running Battlefield 3 with medium shadows and SSAO and see a literal 1% IQ drop and people thought I was lying about my GTX 480 back then on 1080P LOL.
Yep. I will be experimenting with settings and will no doubt get a lot of performance back tweaking them. Typically dropping settings down one notch yields lots of performance and very little IQ loss.

Caporegime
I'll probably end up playing on my 3440x1440 (looking at benches so far, shouldn't have to drop more than 1-2 demanding settings at most to maintain a solid 70 fps at this res.) display for m+k and sitting at desk being better than controller and couch as well as having freesync to smooth out fps fluctuations since it looks like it will be hard to get a locked 4k60 unless sacrificing a lot of settings or/and using dlss performance (which tbf isn't too bad at 4k on a 55" display when sitting 6/7 feet back).

EDIT:

Should be noted there is a day 1 patch too so perhaps perf. will improve with that but given all the RT effects, I doubt it'll help much there.

EDIT:

New system requirements including dlss:

54456324877.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is there no amd gpu listed for RT requirements lol? Does the game not have FSR?

it looks like no GPU can run this game with RT natively at 60fps, they all need dlss or FSR to get 60fps

Caporegime
Why is there no amd gpu listed for RT requirements lol? Does the game not have FSR?

it looks like no GPU can run this game with RT natively at 60fps, they all need dlss or FSR to get 60fps
Nvidia sponsored.

That and even with fsr, given the amount of RT effects on show here, I expect even the 6900xt will buckle big time given they can't handle more than 2 RT effects and generally heavily dialled back RT effects at that.... e.g. consoles are 1080p 30 fps for just RT AO and shadows.....

CTzfQbE.jpg

zRjfV4d.png

inb4 people say rt off looks better :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom