• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Just started a playthrough of HZD on PC and definitely echo other peoples/tech reviewers thoughts on the dlss implementation for this game:

FSR UQ VS native AA ultra VS DLSS quality @ 3440x1440:

n3MhcY8.jpg

G2hQJFX.jpg

5E9LrDU.jpg

And in motion, with the joystick on 360 controller pushed all way to edge:

XcKyrvd.jpg

YU1gSXJ.jpg

Kjrvh1M.jpg

Caporegime
As long as it gives more frames while not degrading visual quality, To my sight, It could be made by the mars bar company for all I care :D

image.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Expecting new gpus to be announced:

jMMHLbE.png

Some are speculating that we might see/hear more about RTX IO, fingers crossed as Microsoft sure are taking their time or rather game developers with no "incentives" to add it for pc games......

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/rtx-io-gpu-accelerated-storage-technology/
Nice. Looking to upgrade my 3070 to a 3070Ti 16GB or 3080 12GB (if it is same price as my current 3080 which it likely won’t be). Hopefully will catch a drop and it will be a free upgrade once I shift my 3070 to CEX :D

Soldato
Expecting new gpus to be announced:

jMMHLbE.png

Some are speculating that we might see/hear more about RTX IO, fingers crossed as Microsoft sure are taking their time or rather game developers with no "incentives" to add it for pc games......

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/news/rtx-io-gpu-accelerated-storage-technology/

Probably info on the memory upgraded 3070/3080 and likely the 3090 Ti but RTX IO was first announced around Q3 2020, I hope it's not a tech that's going to be forgotten.

Caporegime
Probably info on the memory upgraded 3070/3080 and likely the 3090 Ti but RTX IO was first announced around Q3 2020, I hope it's not a tech that's going to be forgotten.

Here's hoping too, ratchet and clank for ps 5 shows just how much of a leap that kind of tech can make not just to a games visuals but also the impact it can have on gameplay. Not a fan of closed source stuff but if it means getting the feature to PC sooner than later and forcing others/rest of the industry to act then I'm all for it.

Soldato
Here's hoping too, ratchet and clank for ps 5 shows just how much of a leap that kind of tech can make not just to a games visuals but also the impact it can have on gameplay. Not a fan of closed source stuff but if it means getting the feature to PC sooner than later and forcing others/rest of the industry to act then I'm all for it.

Ratchet and clank is a pipe dream on PC though. No one is going to make a game that can't run properly on many PCs - RTX IO speeding up loading? Sure but using it to its full potential by designing the entire game around it? Not happening within the next 5 years for AAA games - may still some indies here and there try it, same how like there are a couple indie games that only run with Ray Tracing on and so most PCs can't play the game

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So that event was a bit crap based on a recap article I had a look at just now. No exciting details. They doing any more shows or is that it?

Soldato
Not a surprise as developers did mention about RTX and dlss before but confirmed now, day before getting it:

https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1478399433549168652?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Essentially the division meets zombies :p

The moment I played the original Division I was talking to some friends about how if they made a more "I am Legend" type setting it would work very well especially if they threw in co-op, This is definitely a day 1 buy for me.

Soldato
Depends what res you play at, The updated 16GB 3070 Ti will hit a performance wall long before it can properly use all 16GB.
How do you think your old 2080ti would have performed on 8gb?

It doesnt need to use the full 16gb to better its 8gb limitation, frame times can be all over the place when the 8gb gpus go north of allocated 7gb.

After using a 3070 for more than a year, it can be a horrible gaming experience@1440p never mind 4k.

Soldato
How do you think your old 2080ti would have performed on 8gb?

It doesnt need to use the full 16gb to better its 8gb limitation, frame times can be all over the place when the 8gb gpus go north of allocated 7gb.

After using a 3070 for more than a year, it can be a horrible gaming experience@1440p never mind 4k.

The 3070 should've launched with 12GB, Same with the 3080, Nvidia keep doing this every gen with too little memory unless you buy their silly priced high end models, 16GB though for the 3070 is just a marketing checkbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom