• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it will look a whole load better with RT though :p

Some native vs dlss performance screenshots:

Another game where performance mode looks pretty good imo and worth the performance increase, main thing is the foliage, doesn't look to be as much rendering with dlss on the trees. If FPS drops to below 50 with ray tracing and even with dlss performance, may end up having to order a 4090.... :o :cry:
DLSS looks horrible here compared to native :/

Yeah this is what I were alluding to. Foliage on last screen looks very blurry. Maybe Day1 patch will help

I think it might be down to DOF as well as film grain (both of which can't be turned off, which is weird as they allow you to turn off motion blur and chromatic abberation) as I always find these can harm the IQ of upscaling tech.

Was able to unlock the game early by switching to New Zealand. Uploading quick video at 3440x1440 of native and dlss quality.

View attachment x0e4byk.png

Hopefully patch tomorrow will activate RT although it is going to absolutely murder fps on anything but 4090 I suspect :(

This one puzzles me, the performance is really harsh I feel, it's got really high def textures, the performance is on par with CB 2077 with ray tracing and that's before any ray tracing is implemented. I don't feel this should be the case, perhaps bad optimisation?

On my 3080Ti I'm getting between 60-100fps all max DLSS Quality, DLSS Balanced has a very minimal visual impact, I think with ray tracing it will still be playable.

But the motion in the game is horrible, I feel sea sick from it, and I've turned DOF/Motion blurr off.

This one puzzles me, the performance is really harsh I feel, it's got really high def textures, the performance is on par with CB 2077 with ray tracing and that's before any ray tracing is implemented. I don't feel this should be the case, perhaps bad optimisation?

On my 3080Ti I'm getting between 60-100fps all max DLSS Quality, DLSS Balanced has a very minimal visual impact, I think with ray tracing it will still be playable.

But the motion in the game is horrible, I feel sea sick from it, and I've turned DOF/Motion blurr off.

Apparently a patch arriving today may solve it, I checked this morning and there was a patch, which also added frame generation and reflex. Performance did seem a bit more consistent and higher but still a bit poor considering no ray tracing and it's a pretty linear game.

I suspect it will look a whole load better with RT though :p

Some native vs dlss performance screenshots:

Another game where performance mode looks pretty good imo and worth the performance increase, main thing is the foliage, doesn't look to be as much rendering with dlss on the trees. If FPS drops to below 50 with ray tracing and even with dlss performance, may end up having to order a 4090.... :o :cry:
You must really like the game to warrant a 4090 :))

Another one seeing the same thing but he updated from a 3090ti to 4090, no difference on a monitor but VR gets a good boost.
:cry:

Also watch for the tearing in VR (the side window area tearing like crazy every time he moves the view) and 3090ti beats the 4090 with DLSS on with a monitor..
:eek:

So I wasn't going crazy when I tested 3090 vs 4090 on a 7950x.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom