• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was having a nosy in the config files of spiderman here since it got the dlss 3/FG update and noticed there is a new .dll file, wondering if this is for frame generation?

24KK2Tn.png

Unlike most games, there is no files you can open and just change a setting, however, in regedit, you can edit settings here, tried setting it to 1 to see if that forces FG but sadly not, maybe some one will figure out a workaround:

wCARB33.png

Good numbers although DLSS Performance is overkill - they should've shown 'Balanced' - still crazy that DLSS is *required* to get over 60 fps in CP :eek:
Slowly we're getting to the point where won't be much difference in performance between rasterization and RT - obviously, for well optimized stuff.

I'd trust his view because he's not a fanboy. unlike 95% of forums users here, he owns and games with multiple high end GPUs from both amd and Nvidia. He also owns multiple high end cpus from amd and Intel
Well said.

Some other videos with DLSS 3/FG:

That's one other thing, which probably won't help the fake frames quality, same way it doesn't help FSR/DLSS is the post processing effects like CA, DOF, lens flare, motion blur etc. being turned on.

The issue is you can't judge it like that, because in that example of Spider-Man it's redundant. He's playing on a 120 Hz display, and if he only turned on DLSS and not also FG, then he would've capped 120 fps, and since you don't get latency benefits from going >120 fps with FG (since it adds latency) all that that means is he's taking an image quality hit, adding latency but "framerate counter go up!", plus he's playing on a gamepad so no way he'd know anyway.

Has nothing to do with fanboyism, but you have to know what you're testing and what can be tested (and what can't).

The issue is you can't judge it like that, because in that example of Spider-Man it's redundant. He's playing on a 120 Hz display, and if he only turned on DLSS and not also FG, then he would've capped 120 fps, and since you don't get latency benefits from going >120 fps with FG (since it adds latency) all that that means is he's taking an image quality hit, adding latency but "framerate counter go up!", plus he's playing on a gamepad so no way he'd know anyway.

Has nothing to do with fanboyism, but you have to know what you're testing and what can be tested (and what can't).

Well lets be honest, none of us can really get a good look nor feel for it watching through youtube heavily compressed videos locked to 60hz (this is why HUB and DF have to slow the footage down entirely).... As for gamepad, personally I use gamepad more often than K+M, only time I'll use K+M is for shooters, which obviously you aren't going to want or even need FG since you'll be running lower settings to have the competitive edge.

Higher FPS allows for a more fluid/smoother motion, this is a good example of why higher FPS will look better for those on high refresh rate dislays:

I can even see a difference in terms of smoothness between 175hz and 141 hz on my qd-oled display.

The main point to take from his video is that he found the experience good and couldn't notice the issues, which have been highlighted by both DF and HUB, at least nothing jumping out at him, probably because he isn't slowing the footage down and capturing a single frame to analyse.

Miles Morale on the 18th November :cool:

Ray traced shadows as well this time!

- plague tale
- gotham knights
- miles morale
- Portal RTX
- witcher 3 remaster due end of this year too I think?

All RT games between now and end of December (might have missed a couple but those are the ones I'm looking forward to!) and of course CP 2077 getting increased ray tracing, good times ahead :D

And to add to this list, having just played the beta:

- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide

Has DLSS, ray traced reflections, GI and reflex.

Release day tomorrow, seems some have access already and benches arriving but can't see any RT settings :confused:

Performance looks decent maxed without RT and DLSS anyway.

Was able to unlock the game early by switching to New Zealand. Uploading quick video at 3440x1440 of native and dlss quality.

View attachment x0e4byk.png

Hopefully patch tomorrow will activate RT although it is going to absolutely murder fps on anything but 4090 I suspect :(

Absolutely hammering the PC in terms of temps and that's without RT :cry:

Supposedly patch tomorrow which will improve performance and also enable RT.

Last edited:
Might not even need RT with how good it looks to be fair.

I suspect it will look a whole load better with RT though :p

Some native vs dlss performance screenshots:

Another game where performance mode looks pretty good imo and worth the performance increase, main thing is the foliage, doesn't look to be as much rendering with dlss on the trees. If FPS drops to below 50 with ray tracing and even with dlss performance, may end up having to order a 4090.... :o :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom