• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Associate
Yes, that's more like it for RT Splinter Cell, would love something similar for the Hitman games, be another excuse to have another play through having to change the way you play at certain points of the game.
So many stealth style games that could benefit from this and I bet people would be more than willing to take a performance hit if it meant you got a different gameplay experience beyond the visual only.

Caporegime
:cry:

Thank's, i don't understand this site, why are they only showing 3 GPU's for the normal no BS benchmark and the one with upscaling enabled shows MASSIVELY different positioning?

I didn't know FSR is 3X more performant than DLSS, it isn't but according to these guys its what we are supposed to believe.

Nothing there makes any sense. i can't learn anything from it. And the site is almost all advert banners.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok, the 3080 get's 26.9 FPS at 1440P with upscaling and the same 26.9 FPS without upscaling.

The 7950 XTX 31.9 without and 43.7 with.

That could be a driver overhead for the 3080, but the 3090Ti, same GPU generation, same driver is able to get 31.4, much higher than the 3080.

And... the 7900 XTX is significantly faster than the 4080 with upscaling which in turn is also faster than the 3090Ti.

The 7800 XT is 20% faster, with upscaling that the 4070 while the 4080 is about 70% faster than the 4070, so not a driver overhead again like with the 3080 vs the 3090Ti.

Its all over the place, no of it makes sense.

Soldato
Ok, the 3080 get's 26.9 FPS at 1440P with upscaling and the same 26.9 FPS without upscaling.

The 7950 XTX 31.9 without and 43.7 with.

That could be a driver overhead for the 3080, but the 3090Ti, same GPU generation, same driver is able to get 31.4, much higher than the 3080.

And... the 7900 XTX is significantly faster than the 4080 with upscaling which in turn is also faster than the 3090Ti.

The 7800 XT is 20% faster, with upscaling that the 4070 while the 4080 is about 70% faster than the 4070, so not a driver overhead again like with the 3080 vs the 3090Ti.

Its all over the place, no of it makes sense.
Then probably is the game. Ark 1 was a mess too, wasn't it? Why change when fans will buy your crap regardless?

Caporegime
Then probably is the game. Ark 1 was a mess too, wasn't it? Why change when fans will buy your crap regardless?

Yeah i have heard this many time...

Having said that I have ARC Survival, didn't play it much, i played a lot more Rust and Conan to get my survival fix, but i did like it, tho i cannot remember what the performance was like with a 2070S + 5800X, i don't think it was bad, at all really. I didn't pay much attention to that it just worked fine and that was it.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I haven't watched all of it yet, already i can see Daniel is part of the problem, for as much as i like his work..... they all do this, over complicating it by throwing DLSS vs FSR in to the mix.

Look, if you as a reviewer think that this matters to such an extent that you would never run a game without upscaling where available, as they all seem to think then one can only ever conclude Nvidia are the only way to go.
They don't want to do that.
So they have got themselves in to this twisted mess of mental gymnastics trying to present AMD as viable competition to Nvidia when their obsession with DLSS vs FSR rules AMD out of the equation logically in most cases.

Maybe if upscaling matters as much as they present it just rule AMD out, or just stop overselling upscaling, its not the be all and end all, the performance without it is still the primary concern because if i pay about the same for a GPU to render an image at roughly the same rate as the other GPU does with a quality upscaling setting then the fact that it has better upscaling is entirely irrelevant, i'm not buying a 4060 Ti 16GB for about the same money when i have to use DLSS just to match the native performance of the similar priced RX 7800 XT.
Watching them agonise over this dilemma of their own making is very tiring. Its actually very simple and my head hurts from the constant face palming over their self inflicted agoney.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And then there's this.... he's absolutely bang on with this and so far as a can tell he's the only Youtuber who makes this point., but

If you're quite happy with 27 FPS RT then sure buy the 4070 its 40% faster, but if you want to play at 60 then the 7900 GRE is a viable option, and i think better as an all round GPU.

Caporegime
I haven't watched all of it yet, already i can see Daniel is part of the problem, for as much as i like his work..... they all do this, over complicating it by throwing DLSS vs FSR in to the mix.

Look, if you as a reviewer think that this matters to such an extent that you would never run a game without upscaling where available, as they all seem to think then one can only ever conclude Nvidia are the only way to go.
They don't want to do that.
So they have got themselves in to this twisted mess of mental gymnastics trying to present AMD as viable competition to Nvidia when their obsession with DLSS vs FSR rules AMD out of the equation logically in most cases.

Maybe if upscaling matters as much as they present it just rule AMD out, or just stop overselling upscaling, its not the be all and end all, the performance without it is still the primary concern because if i pay about the same for a GPU to render an image at roughly the same rate as the other GPU does with a quality upscaling setting then the fact that it has better upscaling is entirely irrelevant, i'm not buying a 4060 Ti 16GB for about the same money when i have to use DLSS just to match the native performance of the similar priced RX 7800 XT.
Watching them agonise over this dilemma of their own making is very tiring. Its actually very simple and my head hurts from the constant face palming over their self inflicted agoney.

It's what we all knew already that nvidia handle heavier/more demanding RT workloads better, this is why he created the video as people say "oh RDNA 3 matches a 3090 in RT" but as shown by this video, that's only the case when the RT workload is lighter such as found in amd sponsored titles or games which just don't use much RT.

"RE4 has really grainey RT reflections" does it? I haven't noticed, maybe turn DLSS off???????????

There is no DLSS, it's an amd sponsored title at the time where conviently amd sponsored titles were missing dlss but I digress.....

It has very low res RT reflections, DF also noted this too:

It still looked good on the whole though.

You can mod in DLSS for this which provides better results than native and of course FSR.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom