• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Soldato
Sorry, what?

C2 is 93.2cm wide
AW34 is 81.5

Including the small bezels (can't recall how big it was on the AW34 it is at least 10cm wider lol) Personally I will take one decent size monitor over multiple ones because cba with wires and bezels are distracting.

Look at the image above. With a 16:9, could be 720p, 4k or 16k, doesn't matter, you'll always see only the center part - from the tank status to the edge of the map. With a triple screen setup the FoV grows a lot and in a situation like that, I can safely stay behind cover and see who's moving. Can't really do that too well with one screen.

Other examples:

vs

Or

vs

Basically you're playing with horse blinders. Put your palms along side your eyes, like a horse blinder. Then remove them.

The bezel, in my case, is less than 1cm, I think, for the main screen. The side displays are set with the bezels behind the main one, so they don't matter.

In other words, a square of 1x1 will always be that as a FoV, be at 480p or 4k. It will never encompass what 3 of those can.

Soldato
@Calin Banc I guess I can see the advantage for those kind of games, not the sort I play. However, it doesn't change the fact that I can set my resolution to a widescreen format and enjoy the same benefit on a bigger screen. Choice is a good thing to have :)

I'd also say that games where screen elements were in corners were a PITA on UW, often I'd be focused on the centre like most people are so I'd miss things all the time where the UI didn't allow me to drag stuff around though tbh that can be the same on current one. I used to be content with a 24" about 2ft away from my face, I'm not sure there is one perfect screen for all scenarios.

I recall sitting in front of my friends 38£ UW and thought that was a decent size for the distance he had it at, but until 4k versions exist of some of these other sizes I won't consider changing anything. Can't believe people paid 1k for the 27" OLED screens, mad.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Calin Banc I guess I can see the advantage for those kind of games, not the sort I play. However, it doesn't change the fact that I can set my resolution to a widescreen format and enjoy the same benefit on a bigger screen. Choice is a good thing to have :)

I'd also say that games where screen elements were in corners were a PITA on UW, often I'd be focused on the centre like most people are so I'd miss things all the time where the UI didn't allow me to drag stuff around though tbh that can be the same on current one. I used to be content with a 24" about 2ft away from my face, I'm not sure there is one perfect screen for all scenarios.

I recall sitting in front of my friends 38£ UW and thought that was a decent size for the distance he had it at, but until 4k versions exist of some of these other sizes I won't consider changing anything. Can't believe people paid 1k for the 27" OLED screens, mad.

That's one thing I love about 21.9 especially if it's a game with a hud dominated ui, 16.9 just feels even more squashed horizontally when this happens. For competitive games though, yes I rather the important hud stuff be in the centre more.

Soldato
Where's @mrk when you need him and his screenshots :D :p

People always think it is just a display/AR with the top and bottom cut of but it's not, it's the same vertical screen real estate as a 16.9 equilvalent screen with extra horizontal screen real estate over a 16.9 equilvalent so you see more of a game world on the sides, people always then assume, oh, just turn up the FOV on a 16.9 screen to achieve the same effect but when you do this, you then distort your view entirely and encounter fish eye effect. Essentially 21.9 just provides a more immersive experience, some games benefit from this more than others.

Thread of topic now though, 21.9 thread here :p

When they rolled out widewscreen and even ultrawide some games did just chop off the top and bottom! Hopefully everything is correctly Hor+ now. Not all rosy though as the wider you go the more stretched the image becomes (in 3D games) at the edges. I tried triple screen a while back and it was kinda nasty outside of cockpit style games that supported different viewports. :p

Sadly there's no equivalent 21:9 to my 42" LG C2 ?

Caporegime
When they rolled out widewscreen and even ultrawide some games did just chop off the top and bottom! Hopefully everything is correctly Hor+ now. Not all rosy though as the wider you go the more stretched the image becomes (in 3D games) at the edges. I tried triple screen a while back and it was kinda nasty outside of cockpit style games that supported different viewports. :p

Sadly there's no equivalent 21:9 to my 42" LG C2 ?

Yes when there isn't proper support it's **** but thankfully if there are any games with issues, they are easily fixed with flawless wide-screen or manually editing a value in a config file somewhere. Never used triples but can't say I've ever been tempted due to the arguably worse support and bezels but for SIM style games, they defo be better.

I think we're due 5k 39" 21.9 screens next year.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Look at the image above. With a 16:9, could be 720p, 4k or 16k, doesn't matter, you'll always see only the center part - from the tank status to the edge of the map. With a triple screen setup the FoV grows a lot and in a situation like that, I can safely stay behind cover and see who's moving. Can't really do that too well with one screen.

Other examples:

vs

Or

vs

Basically you're playing with horse blinders. Put your palms along side your eyes, like a horse blinder. Then remove them.

The bezel, in my case, is less than 1cm, I think, for the main screen. The side displays are set with the bezels behind the main one, so they don't matter.

In other words, a square of 1x1 will always be that as a FoV, be at 480p or 4k. It will never encompass what 3 of those can.

Still would go higher resolution :p

The main game that I play that the ultrawide comes in handy in Flight Simulator.

I just like a crisp image too much I think. But horses for courses. We all like and value different things.

Soldato
Still would go higher resolution :p

The main game that I play that the ultrawide comes in handy in Flight Simulator.

I just like a crisp image too much I think. But horses for courses. We all like and value different things.

It works very well for all games... as long as they support triple screen :)

Easy fix for you, get 3x4k displays! :D

Caporegime
that link "values your privacy" so much theses not reject all button on the cookie prompt.
I'm out..

RTX remix seems the biggest nothing of all time so far.

RT as a hole is basically a waste of time when games have potato graphics these days anyway

Triple A games are dead, long live quadruple A gaming the most half hearted attempts at making something people will buy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom