• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Caporegime
But yeah that is true, at least it will be FSR 2 and not FSR 1, hopefully it'll be a good implementation with little to no issues on the ghosting & temporal stability front.
Am hoping FSR 2.0 can be tuned a little on a game-by-game basis so we get some good implementations going forward.

Caporegime
Am hoping FSR 2.0 can be tuned a little on a game-by-game basis so we get some good implementations going forward.

Same! Going by that video from DF and amd, it looks like amd have given very detailed documentation and pretty much full control/access to the developers to tune the FSR 2 implementations to their standards, only problem is getting developers to put in that effort but given this is an "official" full on sponsorship with amd it seems, I'm expecting good results.

Man of Honour
RE Village RT is pretty heavy on the frames! Even though it's only used for GI and shadows etc, there's over 100fpe hit at 3440x1440. It's just a good thing the game is still above 100fps with RT on thought else many would have words to say :p

Caporegime
RE Village RT is pretty heavy on the frames! Even though it's only used for GI and shadows etc, there's over 100fpe hit at 3440x1440. It's just a good thing the game is still above 100fps with RT on thought else many would have words to say :p

Yeah I liked RE village RT in certain areas particularly when inside the mansion, it's a shame it was gimped in the resolution for the RT reflections though as whilst still better than rasterization, it was quite jarring.

Soldato
It definitely can, but that's never been the problem. The real issue is that game devs see it's functional and then say ship it. Not sure I can really blame them given that it's a lot of extra work for little reward, plus they can always point to DLSS and say 'if you want the premium version of AA, buy nvidia' and shrug off having to do extra work on FSR. I think that in the end there's no escaping this, and for the games where DLSS/DLAA is superior to the game's TAA then people will simply have to pony up for Nvidia if they want the best IQ.

Caporegime
It definitely can, but that's never been the problem. The real issue is that game devs see it's functional and then say ship it. Not sure I can really blame them given that it's a lot of extra work for little reward, plus they can always point to DLSS and say 'if you want the premium version of AA, buy nvidia' and shrug off having to do extra work on FSR. I think that in the end there's no escaping this, and for the games where DLSS/DLAA is superior to the game's TAA then people will simply have to pony up for Nvidia if they want the best IQ.

Something many seem to miss, not everyone wants to make compromises when it comes to IQ (especially with ghosting + temporal stability although it's ok for FSR to have these it seems because "it's free") or/and having to wait 2+ years for the other brand to get a solution out let alone even on par and many question why the majority go with a certain brand....

Would be good to get developers speaking more about these techs and which ones they find better/easier to use, so far only one has made comment on dlss vs fsr with regards to testing tools being much better than what's provided with fsr.

Soldato
And so it begins :( :o

ynMK1Ys.png

Interesting that comment on stray though, will give it a try:

But no dlss etc. and seems quite a few RT features gets enabled so as expected big performance hit.

Just tried Stray with the DX12 parameter, only got around 40fps at 3440x1440, with a 3080 Ti! :p

Somewhat under optimised, and unplayable (for me).

Man of Honour
Not for all games, Stray is such a simple game that I cannot believe it's so badly optimised in DX12/RT? RE Village still pulls well over 100fps (~130 average) and that has no DLSS either! So RT can certainly be efficient in certain titles.

Caporegime
Not for all games, Stray is such a simple game that I cannot believe it's so badly optimised in DX12/RT? RE Village still pulls well over 100fps (~130 average) and that has no DLSS either! So RT can certainly be efficient in certain titles.
Only when gimped like certain sponsored titles ;) :p

Soldato

If by efficient you mean Vaseline quarter resolution and grainy 2 pixel, 1 bounce then yes it's efficient.

Caporegime
I think the spiderman review embargo for PC lifts tomorrow so we should see some benchmarks too. The settings screen was leaked:

Qhs7o91.png

Nice to see we'll be able to turn off CA, film grain and vignette, something that annoyed me with the PS 4 version!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Look forward to seeing the reviews. But at the rate I am playing HZD and God of War it won’t be until near Christmas I get around to this. Not that I am in a huge rush, played it on the PS4 Pro a couple of years ago. Still very interested in seeing what improvements nixxes has made though as this is definitely a game worth adding to my steam library.

Caporegime
Reviews out now and computerbase benchmarks:

QQrQMYY.png

Lzpsk5E.png

All in all, seems like it is fantastically well optimised, even for RDNA 2.

Also, the game has FSR 2, sadly seems dlss and fsr 2 have a few issues so may have to run native for this one:

Upsampling in Spider-Man Remastered has great optical advantages over rendering in identical resolution with classic TAA, regardless of whether Nvidia's DLSS or AMD's FSR is used: So before reducing the resolution, it should be set to DLSS or FSR.

DLSS is qualitatively ahead of FSR on several fronts, but of all things the raytracing reflections flicker massively with Nvidia's AI upsampling, which is virtually not the case with AMD's FSR 2.0. If that bothers you even slightly, you'll be better off with FSR 2.0, despite other disadvantages.

If the graphics card does not support DLSS, you will find a much better partner in FSR 2.0 than in the game's own IGTI. Although the latter brings more performance, it cannot keep up in terms of quality in every respect. In the end, the native game mode including TAA is visually the best with the same target resolution, even if it offers a noticeably slower performance. This time, for various reasons, DLSS and FSR do not quite come close to this, but they do offer significantly more FPS.

Nvidia's DLSS algorithm can also be used in the game in the form of DLAA without fewer render pixels. In terms of image sharpness and image stability, DLAA offers advantages over the native resolution and does not cost a lot of FPS at 5 percent. However, there is also the ant effect with DLAA as render pixels in Ultra HD and in WQHD it is so pronounced that the use of the technology does not seem sensible.

Maybe game or/and driver updates from both vendors will solve the issues though.

EDIT:

Yeah that ant like effect with dlss is terrible bad! Looks almost like the denoiser algo. isn't working correctly so hopefully a driver/game update will fix it:

EDIT 2:

Seems the game has had a big update today according to Alex from DF so he's delaying his video till tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom