• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have a 2080 Super on loan from a friend anyone got any suggestions for "oooooooh pretty" RT stuff ? I know I won't be getting amazing frames, Already tried Cyberpunk.

I was about to name some resident evil games then I remembered those are great for HDR not RT

Another game where more grunt or/and reduced settings is needed to hit my acceptable fps it seems! 40xx can't come soon enough. Knocking shadows down to high, object level from 10 to 8 and DOF to medium along with dlss quality seems to get me to 80 fps once past the initial mission/intro. I'll need to watch DF video again for recommended settings.

Dlss provides better iq in most areas, that ant/noise like effect is noticeable if staring at reflections under certain angles but in normal gameplay, not so bad, also, it seems that there is sharpening with dlss and no way to disable it :(

Mixed thoughts on RT reflections in this so far, it looks nice overall and no doubt better than rasterization but compared to cp 2077, control, guardians of the galaxy, doom eternal etc. spidermans RT looks quite poor imo, just doesn't look right, almost as if there isn't any denoising happening, in motion a large amount of clarity is lost regardless of TAA/DLSS/FSR too as you can see in the latter part of my video :/ Might very well get fixed/improved with further patches though as reviewers noted, RT was broken badly with prior versions to the launch day version.

Knocking shadows down to high, object level from 10 to 8 and DOF to medium along with dlss quality seems to get me to 80 fps once past the initial mission/intro.

I've been capping my FPS to 60 for years, While I can notice the difference up to around 180FPS on a 240Hz display, I personally don't think it's worth sweating over, Plus it keeps your system cooler :p

Reactions: TNA
I've been capping my FPS to 60 for years, While I can notice the difference up to around 180FPS on a 240Hz display, I personally don't think it's worth sweating over, Plus it keeps your system cooler :p
That is very true especially in this heat! :( CPU is getting hammered in this, temps usually around 55-60 in games but cpu temp is hitting 70 for spiderman....

Seeing 150+ fps on qd-oled has spoilt me now though so I'll suffer with the heat for now :p

This is a nice vid with a 6900XT on latest driver @Nexus18

Was just watching it there, performance looking great with FSR 2. I'm surprised at the frame latency though, very spikey/jumpy, I haven't tried at 4k yet but even at 3440x1440 and with <60 fps, my frame latency is much flatter/smoother and that's with a 5600x, seems like it might be an amd gpu driver thing or/and game needing more updates as bang4bucks 3090ti frame latency is flat there:

Or could be a 5800x3d thing perhaps?

Gameplay looks smooth though.

Hopefully get some side by side footage soon as well to see if RT is being fully rendered correctly on both sides.

Something is definitely wrong with ray tracing in this, at least on my end, it looks awful in parts regardless of dlss, fsr or native/TAA:

Give it a hour or more for 1440/4k version to process. Ignore the fps drop issue when changing to dlss/fsr too, a restart fixes it.

Can anyone else, either with an amd or/and nvidia gpu confirm they have weird RT artifacts like the above? That area is straight after you activate the first beacon and fight the first street crime.

I'm still thinking something has either been missed or there is an issue with the implementation around denoising:

If so, it would kind of explain why amd aren't seeing as much of a hit with RT compared to ampere as per every other RT title.

Something is definitely wrong with ray tracing in this, at least on my end, it looks awful in parts regardless of dlss, fsr or native/TAA:

Give it a hour or more for 1440/4k version to process. Ignore the fps drop issue when changing to dlss/fsr too, a restart fixes it.

Can anyone else, either with an amd or/and nvidia gpu confirm they have weird RT artifacts like the above? That area is straight after you activate the first beacon and fight the first street crime.

I'm still thinking something has either been missed or there is an issue with the implementation around denoising:

If so, it would kind of explain why amd aren't seeing as much of a hit with RT compared to ampere as per every other RT title.

If there is one thing I've learnt this generation it's that if the GPUs aren't losing much performance with RT on then it's because the RT effects look like ****

So can any of the DLSS and RT expert explain what is going on in the 4K + RT + DLSS Spiderman benches from PurePC:
l5bY2IU.png

Just for that setting the plain 3060 suddenly comes and beats the 3070 Ti etc. Or in other words all the 8GB cards.

However in the other 4K benches (they benched 4K with Very High and three combinations of RTX On/Off and DLSS OFF/On), the order wasn't like that.
For instance here's 4K Very High, RTX On, DLSS Off:
kkAPGte.png
So it looks like to me that DLSS gains performance but needs more VRAM.
(PurePC didn't test FSR or IGTI, but then they are strange and label RT as RTX in all their charts.)
Is this a Spiderman thing, or do other DLSS implementations show similar things.
Couldn't find what version they were testing, but the test is from Wednesday the 10th.

^^

Any benchmarks before release day patch are invalid as pointed out by DF, both performance improved or even decreased in some instances on a variety of gpus, that and RT being even more broken in prior versions. Also, not sure on their testing methods i.e. when it comes to changing settings but based on my testing, even switching to dlss, native or fsr back and forth results in fps dropping considerably and only a restart fixes it, which you can see in my video above.

If there is one thing I've learnt this generation it's that if the GPUs aren't losing much performance with RT on then it's because the RT effects look like ****

Suppose given the scale of reflections happening in spiderman, they had to make sacrifices somewhere. I went back on cp 2077, gotg etc. last night just to make sure I wasn't going crazy with spidermans RT reflections and as I thought, those other games reflections look a hundred times better even when using dlss balanced, dare I say even re village water reflections look better at times :o

EDIT:

Bang4buck has uploaded footage with his 3090ti in the same area as my video above and you can also see the reflection artefacting on the van windows plus general low quality in the puddles too so rules out it being on my end at least :p

EDIT:

I'm going to hold of for another patch or 2 before continuing my playthrough, RT reflections issues/quality is too distracting as well as the sharpening, both are incredibly immersion breaking for me:

EDIT:

Seems that there is both SSR and rt happening at the same time i.e. like a hybrid effect as you can clearly see reflections disappearing/dark blocks appearing out of nowhere when you change the camera angle (traits of SSR):

Suppose the game is pretty old now too and it wasn't worked on from scratch, which would explain the lacklustre results compared to newer games with RT reflections.

Last edited:
So can any of the DLSS and RT expert explain what is going on in the 4K + RT + DLSS Spiderman benches from PurePC:

Just for that setting the plain 3060 suddenly comes and beats the 3070 Ti etc. Or in other words all the 8GB cards.

However in the other 4K benches (they benched 4K with Very High and three combinations of RTX On/Off and DLSS OFF/On), the order wasn't like that.
For instance here's 4K Very High, RTX On, DLSS Off:

So it looks like to me that DLSS gains performance but needs more VRAM.
(PurePC didn't test FSR or IGTI, but then they are strange and label RT as RTX in all their charts.)
Is this a Spiderman thing, or do other DLSS implementations show similar things.
Couldn't find what version they were testing, but the test is from Wednesday the 10th.
Well I know the game pre-release had issues with AMD CPUs significantly underpeforming, as well as requiring more vram, so if they did those tests with one of the versions that had those issues then that's likely it. Could also be a peculiar test scene messing with the results.

Okay, guess that is a major issue with game reviews. Financially the reviewers want the earliest reviews but that often means they have to be beta testers. And then their results might be useless for end users.

The other problem is that a lot of them don't even acknowledge this. I'm still unsure what version PurePC actually tested but at least they showed their settings:

Last edited:
@KompuKare It's ok because ze Germans got us covered, up to date tests for CPU & GPU with release version & drivers (tho admittedly still a bit peculiar performance from AMD CPU vis-a-vis scaling):

Best in the business those two German sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom