• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The RX 7600/XT RX 7700 XT, RX 7800 XT and 7900 GRE owners thread***

Caporegime
OP
Runs great, silent pretty much too, never goes over 60 with 45% max fan speed

I would imagine so, as i said i have this one, as you can see its a smaller dual fan design, slightly lower TDP, i have higher core / memory clocks you have more CU's, out of the box it runs at about 245 watts at about 70c, perhaps slightly lower with 35% fan speed, its almost completely silent, day to day i run it overclocked with +10% power with custom fan curve of about 45% to keep the same temps, its more audible but still quiet.

I'm really impressed with it, its replaced an MSI 2070 Super Gaming X, which was twice the size with larger fans, despite that and despite using a little more power somehow it manages to run cooler and quieter than that GPU, its quite obviously not a high end GPU but the build quality is still good, it even uses thermal pads on the back of the GPU in to the backplate, something rare even among high end versions.

I think Sapphire just make really good GPU's, even if they are not high end ones, its as if they actually care about making a quality product.

GN never made a teardown of it, which is a shame, he did make a teardown of the RX 7600 version, which has the older version of this cooler type and fans, the whole thing is a little different to the updated version you and i have but its still a good measure of Sapphires thinking, which is interesting as first Steve thought the shroud was not attached properly and it seemed a little lose, turns out this was a design choice to make it easy to remove with the fans in it for easy cleaning. They stuck with that idea on our later versions and don't care that it feels slightly lose if you grab hold of it and pull it about, i do like the fact that you can take 6 easy to access screws out and the shroud comes off with the fans, easy to properly clean the dust out of it.

Associate
Still bitter for not getting one?

:p
Not that bitter no. Back in October the 7800xt was £499 and the GRE was £650. No brainer then. Actually quite happy with the 7800xt. Once overclocked can maintain the 10-12% gap between it and an overclocked GRE. I paid £450ish after cashback so at the GREs re-launch price of £522 that is 15% less for maybe (up to) 15% less performance if you’re lucky with the silicon. Always with time there’s always something better round the corner. The folk who’ve bought the £499 GRE will have the 8800xt in 6 months which will be better I expect.

Here it is in its glory:

y7dnrcU.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
Wasn't launched here til after Oct. You were gutted as it came to the UK a few weeks after yours for a v similar price iirc.
Weeks? More like 4 months mate. (GRE re release date Feb 26 2024, I got my card Oct 16th 2023!) :D I’m not gutted really don’t know why you would think that. (Saved 10-15% cost for 10-15% less performance- not much of a price to performance difference overclock to overclock). Also what would you advise someone to use whilst waiting for a better card that may or may not have arrived a few months later?

Also some of us can’t afford to trade up every time there is a new card that’s better. :cry: That PC I built was all waiting for right deals, buying components on clearance etc. I made sure I didn’t lose any money even the 32gb ram was £53 off a stock clearance deal but I somehow still have a lifetime warranty lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom