• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Associate
Do you need to use two separate cables? I have googled this (I have same PSU) and seems that theres no right or wrong answer from what I found. I am using the single cable with the split pin

Depends on the PSU design. If its a multi rail PSU, then you should use two separate cables that come from separate rails. For single rail, this doesn't matter so much. Some PSU's are switchable between multi rail and single rail. That particular Seasonic unit is single rail.

Associate
Hey guys, new Pulse owner here, what are you guys getting on Heaven Benchmark please? I'm trying to test my card without my CPU bottleneck to decide whether to keep it or not. Last run was 2340 with the OC/power increase/undervolt

Soldato
Hey guys, new Pulse owner here, what are you guys getting on Heaven Benchmark please? I'm trying to test my card without my CPU bottleneck to decide whether to keep it or not. Last run was 2340 with the OC/power increase/undervolt

Thats a good score, i got 2359 at 1702c/950m with my Red Dragon.

Thats a score from months ago on a way older driver though, i stopped using Heaven since i only use it for stability testing :)

Associate
Well that's weird, but promising, I've now hit a 2694 Heaven Benchmark @1080p Ultra/Extreme with 111FPS with an undervolt of 1010mv which is allot more than my prior overclocked score.

I'll take a look tomorrow for you mate, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and Vega 56 Pulse.

Thank You, I've just ordered the same CPU this afternoon to replace my 2200g bottleneck.

Associate
Thats a good score, i got 2359 at 1702c/950m with my Red Dragon.

Thats a score from months ago on a way older driver though, i stopped using Heaven since i only use it for stability testing :)

Did you manage to maintain 1700mhz though? From my understanding of what I've read if you overclock the core too high it drops down to much lower speeds more often.

Soldato
Did you manage to maintain 1700mhz though? From my understanding of what I've read if you overclock the core too high it drops down to much lower speeds more often.

Mine is usually just under my set clock speed with a full load on the GPU, so usually high 1600's running benchmarks.

My 24/7 gaming clocks are 1652Mhz (1050mv-State 7) & 950Mhz (975mv). Runs nice and cool and pretty quiet too with these settings.

Associate
Mine is usually just under my set clock speed with a full load on the GPU, so usually high 1600's running benchmarks.

My 24/7 gaming clocks are 1652Mhz (1050mv-State 7) & 950Mhz (975mv). Runs nice and cool and pretty quiet too with these settings.

Did you increase the voltage on the memory or is the Red Dragon just volted slightly higher than the pulse?

Soldato
So i have a question. Is it normal for a vega 56 not to run at max clock all the time in all games, as for example i was just having a quick go in borderlands 2 and at max settings at 1440p im getting max fps with no vsync (freesync) tho i have limiter ingame at 72 and i get 72 always. But msi afterburner osd shows the games using about 800mhz core and 700 and not 800 on the vram and sometimes 500hz yet i still get great fps. Temps are about 44c, the gpu and cpu are barely used like max 50% for any of em usually lower like 30%.

Just find it strange a game can run that good with so little usage from gpu and actually cpu as well at 1440p maxed. I could probably run it 4k and still might not get the cpu or gpu up much more lol.

Also notice gpu not maxing as well in a few other games. Tho some games it can get high usage then put the clock up. Seems like when i had a nvidia card it usually went max clock regardless of gpu load most of the time unless im remembering wrong.

Is it because of undervolting and underclocking slightly from default 1590 to 1552 as stage 7. Tho i think ive seen gpu get to 1600+ before regardless of what i set it at tbh.

Soldato
So i have a question. Is it normal for a vega 56 not to run at max clock all the time in all games, as for example i was just having a quick go in borderlands 2 and at max settings at 1440p im getting max fps with no vsync (freesync) tho i have limiter ingame at 72 and i get 72 always. But msi afterburner osd shows the games using about 800mhz core and 700 and not 800 on the vram and sometimes 500hz yet i still get great fps. Temps are about 44c, the gpu and cpu are barely used like max 50% for any of em usually lower like 30%.

Just find it strange a game can run that good with so little usage from gpu and actually cpu as well at 1440p maxed. I could probably run it 4k and still might not get the cpu or gpu up much more lol.

Also notice gpu not maxing as well in a few other games. Tho some games it can get high usage then put the clock up. Seems like when i had a nvidia card it usually went max clock regardless of gpu load most of the time unless im remembering wrong.

Is it because of undervolting and underclocking slightly from default 1590 to 1552 as stage 7. Tho i think ive seen gpu get to 1600+ before regardless of what i set it at tbh.
Mine never hits the clock I actually set in P7. It didn't at stock either. I think it underclocks if there isn't enough power, but I know that upping the voltage a bit doesn't help so maybe not. I think my P6 is 1627 MHz and P7 is 1652 MHz, and it always sits around 1590 MHz. Maybe there's always some offset between actual clock and P7 based on workload, and gaming is always somewhat below P7.

Back
Top Bottom