• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 56 Owners Thread

Soldato
So like a lot of you, I pulled the trigger on the VEGA 56 pulse.

Coming from a 980ti so getting a good 10-15% increase (more in some games) plus I can now use FreeSync on my monitor.

Sold the 980ti for £170 so only cost me £120 and I'm more than happy.

Had a few hiccups installing but DDU helped with that.

Only issue I've had so far is that after playing anything '3D', I just get a black screen. I looked around and found that adjusting memory to stay at 500mhz instead of 167Mhz seems to do the trick.

This is really interesting for me as I am sat on the fence of doing exactly the same and moving away from my 980Ti SC+ as I have built a Ryzen rig and fancy a full AMD base.

I have potentially found a well priced Powercolor Reference Blower card, is the noise REALLY that bad? I have every intention of doing the undervolt etc if I get it.

Soldato
This is really interesting for me as I am sat on the fence of doing exactly the same and moving away from my 980Ti SC+ as I have built a Ryzen rig and fancy a full AMD base.

I have potentially found a well priced Powercolor Reference Blower card, is the noise REALLY that bad? I have every intention of doing the undervolt etc if I get it.

Can't speak for the Powercolour Reference but I highly recommend the Sapphire Pulse. It's been a blast being able to play APEX, BF5 and Anthem on Ultra at 1080p and having stable FPS. Freesync is just the cherry on top.

A great upgrade from the 980ti and seeing good performance boosts, especially on DX12 games.

Associate
Hey all,

I'm hoping some of you may be able to help, I got my Red Dragon about a week ago. A little but if whine but nothing crazy. I now get "application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware"

This is only happens in WoW, doesn't happen in any other game. I've done everything the internet has said. Could it be a bad card?

Soldato
Anyone got any settings suggestions for Apex Legends @ 1440p with a Vega 56? I can't get a steady decent frame rate or 100% GPU or CPU utilisation.

Soldato
Had a little play with my Sapphire Pulse today. GPU runs happily with boost clocks set to 1677MHz @ 1070mv & power limit @ +25%. Heavier benchmarks drop sustained boost to 1600MHz at these settings. Increasing GPU volts and power limit further allows the card to hold 1632 during benches but consumption shoots up for minimal gains.

My HBM is Samsung, but with the V56 bios voltage restrictions it only goes to 950MHz before glitching-out. Flashing a V64 bios may give an extra 100MHz but not worth losing the warranty for .

Back
Top Bottom