• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
What do you guys use for monitoring FPS in game? Also is the ReLive thing decent?

All you need is the full Adrenalin driver package for AMD, It gives you realtime info on everything as well as allowing you to record your games if you want for only a small performance hit.
I'm not sure if the 290/390 and their X mates can use all the features but, it's unbeatable for those of us with 400 series and newer gpu's.

Soldato
All you need is the full Adrenalin driver package for AMD, It gives you realtime info on everything as well as allowing you to record your games if you want for only a small performance hit.
I'm not sure if the 290/390 and their X mates can use all the features but, it's unbeatable for those of us with 400 series and newer gpu's.
Maybe I should try this. I'm sure Afterburner is messing with my settings I put in for watt man but I need it for the monitoring.

Soldato
The problem with AMD overlay is that the UI is tiny at 4K and afaik not fixable, so it's essentially useless unless you like being up against the display. As far as UI goes, Afterburner spanks it silly.

Associate
TBH I use Afterburner for overlay and data logging, but don't use it for any overclocking. OverdriveNTool does that much easier and doesn't crash like Wattman (still does for me).

Easier to have OverdriveNTool available to apply settings changes on the fly and see the results straight away. Saving game profiles and so on is also much simpler.

Permabanned
Before I preorder this Sapphire Nitro+, there isn't an update coming out is there? With Gibbo struggling to get price reductions and only getting just over 100 of these Sapphire, they sound to be running out of stock. A new release on its way?

Soldato
Before I preorder this Sapphire Nitro+, there isn't an update coming out is there? With Gibbo struggling to get price reductions and only getting just over 100 of these Sapphire, they sound to be running out of stock. A new release on its way?

Nothing GPU from AMD until next year, barring the highest level total silence project in history.

Permabanned
Could the stock 2700x be a gaming bottleneck for Vega?

The obvious answer should be no but here's why I'm asking the question.

Last weekend I posted about using the Wattman overlay for the first time in this thread and one of the things I was doing was checking the core clock while gaming, specifically with the game Strange Brigade.
After some messing around with volts and clocks I settled on a 1677/1010 overclock and spent the weekend gaming. I was getting a consistent in-game core clock of 1600 with very little variance.

Today I decided to work on getting a cpu overclock sorted out so I took the easy route and used the Asus AI Suite 3 software to do it. I settled for a stable 4.225 overclock.

So now I'm running the cpu @ 4.225 and the gpu @ 1677/1010. The odd thing is that now my in-game core clock when playing Strange Brigade sits anywhere from 1615 up to 1645,

Has anyone else found repeatable oddities like this?

Caporegime
And are you actively recording or not? Tried turning Relive off, perhaps back on again?

Not recording just got the 20 minute clip thing available for use if needed, record desktop and borderless selected too but none of those should cause this.

Away from pc for a bit but will try a reboot but seems very strange, did restart it a few times

Associate
Not recording just got the 20 minute clip thing available for use if needed, record desktop and borderless selected too but none of those should cause this.

Away from pc for a bit but will try a reboot but seems very strange, did restart it a few times

Hi cannot really offer any help, but the program is recording you can see its writing to the hard drive in that picture at 3mb, would turn it off completely, see if it stops, also do you have HBCC on?

Nice one

Soldato
Could the stock 2700x be a gaming bottleneck for Vega?

The obvious answer should be no but here's why I'm asking the question.

Last weekend I posted about using the Wattman overlay for the first time in this thread and one of the things I was doing was checking the core clock while gaming, specifically with the game Strange Brigade.
After some messing around with volts and clocks I settled on a 1677/1010 overclock and spent the weekend gaming. I was getting a consistent in-game core clock of 1600 with very little variance.

Today I decided to work on getting a cpu overclock sorted out so I took the easy route and used the Asus AI Suite 3 software to do it. I settled for a stable 4.225 overclock.

So now I'm running the cpu @ 4.225 and the gpu @ 1677/1010. The odd thing is that now my in-game core clock when playing Strange Brigade sits anywhere from 1615 up to 1645,

Has anyone else found repeatable oddities like this?

What cooler are you using for the 2700X? Does it blow cold air inside the case? Does it work more now with the overclock?
Did you ramp up the cooling in the case some how?

If the answer on all above is no, then possibly the answer you seek is maybe? Whats the speed the CPU was working before?

Permabanned
What cooler are you using for the 2700X? Does it blow cold air inside the case? Does it work more now with the overclock?
Did you ramp up the cooling in the case some how?

If the answer on all above is no, then possibly the answer you seek is maybe? Whats the speed the CPU was working before?

The cpu was at stock beforehand but now that you mention it I did move to an AIO before adding an overclock so now I'm wondering does the included cooler throttle the 2700x at stock cxlocks, The only thing that makes me question that is it never used to get overly hot it used to show good temps regardless of what it was doing with it, I should have tested before overclocking the cpu to see if using the AIO on the cpu made a difference to Vega's attainable clock. I might do that later

Soldato
Sorry if it's been asked numerous time already, but is there a step-by-step post/guide which shows me how to overclock the Vega64 using AMD's own Wattman?

I have always use MSI Afterburner in the pass, but recently it has been a pain and keep having compatibility issue with some games. Also what would be good clock and memory speed to aim for? I'm using a Sapphire Nitro+ (not limited edition) that has 2 PCI-E 8 pin plugs not 3 like the limited edition does.

Also I recalled reading someone mentioning that the Vega64 can be clocked higher on under-volting instead of increasing the voltage?

Back
Top Bottom