• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Associate
Yeah some settings might make say Heaven run great and then make it fall over on a game or different benchmark. There's no "one size fits all" here when it comes to the extreme ends of the overclock. So don't bother with that unless you're trying to do exactly that, score very high on a particular benchmark.

Just managed a 2523 on Heaven, I think that's all mine got in it as pushing the clocks even further (while still completing the run) didn't give me higher scores, only slightly lower. That was 1676 on the clock and 1130 on HBM.

Soldato
I do hope everyone has activated HBCC, AMD optimised Tesselation & Shaders, and doesn't have Freesync on when benching Heaven yes?
Actually you must have Freesync OFF ON any benchmark. Only on gaming should be allowed ON.
Same applies to iChill when comes to benching, it must be OFF also.

Associate
Make sure you weren't running into the Power limit (assuming you have a good PSU). I use the Liquid BIOS for it's extra HBM2 voltage and also run a SoftPP Table change to allow up to 150% power delivery not just 50%.

HBCC is also application specific. Some react well to it others it's zero benefit and others again lose performance with it. Superposition is heavily influenced by HBCC for Vega64, really boosts it's performance.

Associate
I do hope everyone has activated HBCC, AMD optimised Tesselation & Shaders, and doesn't have Freesync on when benching Heaven yes?
Actually you must have Freesync OFF ON any benchmark. Only on gaming should be allowed ON.
Same applies to iChill when comes to benching, it must be OFF also.

Wouldn't get anywhere near 2500 with vsync (and freesync) on. I'll have to try HBCC on, it's currently off. And don't forget FRTC, should be off too.

Make sure you weren't running into the Power limit (assuming you have a good PSU). I use the Liquid BIOS for it's extra HBM2 voltage and also run a SoftPP Table change to allow up to 150% power delivery not just 50%.

I've got a great PSU (Superflower Leadex Platinum 1000W) with power limit set as high as it'll go. I'm not sure if the Red Devil also allows using the liquid BIOS, but I don't think I'll try that either way. The extra power this would use by allowing me to bump the settings a bit more is not something I'd use for anything but the odd benchmarking.

Associate
Red Devil probably has a custom BIOS. However the SoftPP table will work. I only use it for benchmarking too, Gaming I rarely breach 250W and with iRacing it rarely breaches 140W.

Here's the 3 sets of settings I use:

Everyday.PNG

GamingOC.PNG

OCSettings.PNG

Last edited:
Associate
What kind of Vega64? Air or liquid?

Has Afterburner become good for OCing Vega also, or would most still suggest wattman?

Vega 64 Nitro+ air, I prefer afterburner because of the far better osd, and if I mess with wattman afterburner resets the values so I don't use it, but your mileage may vary.

Associate
Vega 64 Nitro+ air, I prefer afterburner because of the far better osd, and if I mess with wattman afterburner resets the values so I don't use it, but your mileage may vary.

Same as my than :)
I have only tried AF so far, but couldn't get even close to your OC, without crashing hmmm...Is yours Nitro+ SE or LE edition?

Soldato

Weirdly that kept happening with my 480 but with the Vega the settings stick.

I don't think it's actually resetting the values though, it looks like a bug with what the UI is displaying.

Associate
Would you guys expect I get 100% GPU utilisation with V64 on CSGO/Destiny/Rocket League with <20% CPU usage (2700X)?

When it's easy to render (ie you can get way more fps than the framerate of the monitor allows) and vsync is off, then maybe. In that case you'd be rendering more frames than you can actually see though ... so if FRTC and/or vsync are on you'd probably not see 100% GPU utilisation, as the GPU would end up waiting to render the next frame and utilisation would drop as a result.

Caporegime
Alright cheers guys I'll give that a go. Yeah its hitting 290FPS on CSGO on max settings/1440p so I guess that would be it. Destiny I assume its expected as I'm 90-120FPS.

Thanks for being a helpful bunch when stupid questions are asked.

Caporegime
Okay so dropping to fpsmax144 brought me to 70% GPU usage and respectable temps/fan speed.

The game runs in couple of cores, so 20% utilization on a 8/16 cpu seems right.
If you need more perf, force CS:Go to cores not threads, and keep it away from core 0

How do you keep it away from core 0? Was using like 60-70% of that

Back
Top Bottom