• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
Something else i have found from a few different sources, The Vega 64 work better using 2 separate 8pin power leads rather than a single cable with a splitter. Gonna try that.

Soldato
Got nearly 2 hrs of RB6 before it black screened. Temps were at most mid fifties and overall a lot cooler that before.

Next need to try and work out under-volting to see if that helps.

Associate
Got nearly 2 hrs of RB6 before it black screened. Temps were at most mid fifties and overall a lot cooler that before.

Next need to try and work out under-volting to see if that helps.

Check the temps in hwinfo64 for GPU, hotspot and VRM1 and VRM2.
If they are all in check (VRM 1/2 < 70C, Hotspot < 90C, GPU <80C), then the card is probably dying (HBM most likely).
My Vega 64 died the same way. Except first the FPS started momentarily dropping to 15 fps in Fortnite before going back to 120. Then eventually it just black screened. Then worked for one more day, then black screened then after another reset there were color bars in the BIOS and that's all she wrote.

Sold it for parts/not working for $250 USD on the bay.

Soldato
Check the temps in hwinfo64 for GPU, hotspot and VRM1 and VRM2.
If they are all in check (VRM 1/2 < 70C, Hotspot < 90C, GPU <80C), then the card is probably dying (HBM most likely).
My Vega 64 died the same way. Except first the FPS started momentarily dropping to 15 fps in Fortnite before going back to 120. Then eventually it just black screened. Then worked for one more day, then black screened then after another reset there were color bars in the BIOS and that's all she wrote.

Sold it for parts/not working for $250 USD on the bay.

Well, I installed HWINFO64 and set the logging on.

I ran furmark gpu stress test with ran several times yesterday for quite a long time without issues and it black screened a few seconds later.

I have partial results from logging and these is a lot.

Soldato
well im mining on mine and hbm sitting at 72 degrees 24/7 for last 6 months @ 1050mhz, hotspot doesnt get above 53. and still works a treat when fancy a quick blast on a pc game, although to be fair i have a vega 56 bios on there and a decent hbm overclock hence why a little toasty at 72,but have seen far higher :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
ive seen folk over that hotspot, i thought throttling began around 95,i could be wrong but sure i read was around that, though have seen over 100 with folk reporting no issues, my nitro hotspot was in mid 80's iirc when overclocking, though i was quite a bit higher than those settings

Associate
ive seen folk over that hotspot, i thought throttling began around 95,i could be wrong but sure i read was around that, though have seen over 100 with folk reporting no issues, my nitro hotspot was in mid 80's iirc when overclocking, though i was quite a bit higher than those settings

107, I believe... Was hitting throttling after installing my waterblock, as I mucked up the paste application. Second attempt was spot-on, not seen it go over 70 since.

Soldato
So, plan is to replace the PSU with Corsair RM Series RM850 850W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply, then re-test.

If issue persists, then use the R9 and sell the Vega 64.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom