The RX7 rebuild thread

Soldato
SB118 said:
^^ he's right, but you'll need some lubrication, use washing up liquid, it's the same sort of consistancy, but a lot lighter.

Always glad to help :)

anyone want to buy a 50 quid spares/repairs car and do an oilc ahnge for washing up liquid and let us know how it goes?

Associate
Conanius said:
anyone want to buy a 50 quid spares/repairs car and do an oilc ahnge for washing up liquid and let us know how it goes?

My old man's selling his knackered old fiesta for spares / repairs he wants £120 for it if you wanna have a go :D

Man of Honour
Take a hacksaw to that front bumper to get some more nice cool air to that intercooler. :D

Any chance of getting a good set of lights on it as well? ;) :p

Man of Honour
Great to hear you've started! Looks like a daunting task, but take it one step at a time and I'm sure you'll get on with it quicker than you realise. You'll be 100x more proud of owning that car afterwards - keep us updated and good luck!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Cheers for the advice, and messages of good luck :cool:

Anyway I didn't get the engine out today, I had to go into work this morning and this afternoon I took the missus and kids to the cinema, but in the couple of hours spare I that I had I got the engine completely ready to come out, it's literally just a case of hoisting it out now. I'll be doing that on Friday afternoon.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
OK, I got the engine out yesterday afternoon. It came out really easily actually, splitting the engine and gearbox was easy because I unbolted the clutch through the service hole on the bell housing, so it was just a case of attaching the hoist and lifting it out. Some pics then:

The empty(ish) engine bay:

rebuild6.JPG

rebuild7.JPG

The engine out and on my garage floor (yes, I know my garage is a mess.....)

rebuild8.JPG

rebuild9.JPG

And of course, the obligatory standing in the engine bay pic:

rebuild10.JPG

I'll probably start stripping the engine down tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Worthy said:
Making good progress matey! Must be a good feeling to do all that yourself. Have you got the parts that need changing already?

Not yet unfortunately, it's an expensive couple of months with holiday etc. coming up, so im just gointg to strip it down and clean it etc. untill I get the parts.

Back
Top Bottom