*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Glad I didn't order from Dubai!

Already 15 minutes in, hope this doesn't last for an hour. :(

FFS that was a painful call to samsung... answered after 5 mins to a trainee on there 1st day it sounded like .:rolleyes:

"Could you confirm the model number you will find it on the battery"

I should have hung up there and then

Think I'll call back on Monday to check

Last edited:
Soldato
Spoke to O2 again.

Simply put if I decide to not return the phone and hold onto it until replacement devices are readily available (then replace it like for like in store) I run the risk of them not replacing the phone and I'll be stuck with the device for my contract period.

They are sending me a giffy bag to return the phone in.

The are not offering any temp phone or anything like that.

I'm tempted to grab an S7 edge from the O2 store next week, transfer everything from my Note 7, return the Note 7 and then hold onto the S7 edge before returning it under the 14 day cooling off period.

Associate
This might not be such a bad thing for those who haven't bought yet - if sales dip we'll likely see a price dip too

I'm more concerned with getting a repaired/used phone new when I buy one in a month or two. I imagine the replacements being sent out soon will be new as it will take Samsung a while to handle the repairs. Later on the repaired and possibly used phones will be sold as new.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm guessing the heat to unseal the glue, extra flexing, etc won't be good for them.

Man of Honour
OP
Finally got through to Samsung and all sorted.

They will contact in around a week with more details and to finalise return.
They think it will be a courier return for collect.
They don't know whether it will be a courier swap.
They don't know how long you can put off the return.
They expect 3/4 weeks for replacement.
Gear VR and gift case don't go back.

Soldato
Finally got through to Samsung and all sorted.

They will contact in around a week with more details and to finalise return.
They think it will be a courier return for collect.
They don't know whether it will be a courier swap.
They don't know how long you can put off the return.
They expect 3/4 weeks for replacement.
Gear VR and gift case don't go back.

I think i'll give them a ring during the week. I am hoping for a courier swap though as have no other phone!

Soldato
I'm more concerned with getting a repaired/used phone new when I buy one in a month or two. I imagine the replacements being sent out soon will be new as it will take Samsung a while to handle the repairs. Later on the repaired and possibly used phones will be sold as new.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm guessing the heat to unseal the glue, extra flexing, etc won't be good for them.

Not sure how Samsung is going to go about this but it seems to me that 99% of the devices will be perfectly okay, and don't have defective batteries so would they not just test these batteries to the extreme, find the faulty batches/serials and sign the good ones off as safe? .

Then resell the ones returned by customers as refurbished, and the ones in stock can be sold as new after the extra testing and sign off.

Also I'm sure Samsung will have insurance to cover this fiasco but that won't really protect against their public image taking a good beating.

Associate
Just spoke to Samsung and they said the same thing about they will contact me in a week regarding a replacement. I also confirmed that if in a weeks time I decide I now want a refund then thats fine.

I suppose it gives me a week to use it to see whether I want to keep it.

Soldato
So glad I had cancelled my pre-order back when I did!

Most new phones these days seem to have battery issues - surprised more care isn't taken in their production!

Glad to hear though samsung are sorting this, good news for existing owners.

Gunna wait till it drops in price now (which it will soon enough) before I bite (IF I decide to bite of course lol)

Soldato
Whilst I was on the phone to them I complained about the "case" which wasn't actually a case. The guy told me that I had to contact their sales team on 01628918334 if I had any issues with the items in the order.

Just called them and mentioned that what is listed as a "case" (on http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note7/accessories/) isn't what people actually received. Mentioned that it is false advertising and that I want one of the cases listed on that page. The lady explained that when they shipped out all the pre-orders they didn't have any of them available and therefore just added some random thing.

She is going to escalate it within her department and then get back to me "soon".

Soldato
I think i'll give them a ring during the week. I am hoping for a courier swap though as have no other phone!

I will not be happy if it gets collected and I don't get a new one there and then

Paying for an item I don't actually have anymore no thank you

If that's the case I will take a refund and buy one next month

Associate
I've just called Samsung support and they now have a pre-recorded message to use the Email support link on their website regarding the Note 7 replacement to fill in our details. They also said they'll contact us in 7 days.

Don't know why they didn't do this from the beginning rather than waiting for hours until someone picks up which will advise you to check the Model No. on the battery :) - the same info they provide on their website when filling out the form.

Soldato
I've just called Samsung support and they now have a pre-recorded message to use the Email support link on their website regarding the Note 7 replacement to fill in our details. They also said they'll contact us in 7 days.

Don't know why they didn't do this from the beginning rather than waiting for hours until someone picks up which will advise you to check the Model No. on the battery :) - the same info they provide on their website when filling out the form.

I just emailed has I have little faith in the call I made

anyone seen the CPW website ?

"Available for pre-order, with an expected delivery of 21st October 2016!!!"

ouch

Don
Just got off the phone to Samsung and was told it will take '1 or 2 days' to receive our replacement device from the time they collect. No idea is she was just guessing or that's accurate though.

Associate
I think you deal with the carrier for returns and with Samsung for replacements.

I phoned Samsung this morning and gave them my details for an exchange but am seriously tempted to return the device as the lag is driving me up the wall.

2 seconds to get the keyboard open when clicking in a box and missing letters when typing all over the place. It was installing updates from play store at the time but come on :( Has to be software as the same specs in my s7 gives me the smoothest experience I have had yet in a smartphone.

£700 seeming too hard to chew for this kind of "premium" experience.

Associate
Dont get me wrong i am not bashing the device and would be first to say that with a new battery and zero lag the phone would be very close to perfect.

Just it's a really crappy first week experience for a top tier priced phone.

Soldato
I might speak to Samsung directly then and see that they say.

I'm happy with my contract and O2, don't want to have the hassle of closing my account down, etc. If I can return the phone direct to Samsung it would make my life easier.

Back
Top Bottom