*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Soldato
Right Samsung were a breath of fresh air.

Spoke to a lovely lady, took my details and said that samsung will be in touch in about 7 days to confirm what action is required.

Until then I can use my phone as normal with common sense (eg. don't leave it charging all night long etc) and I don't have to faff about with returning it via O2 and cancelling my contract etc..

TDLR; O2 customer getting a replacement from Samsung, easier than going through O2

Associate
Whilst I was on the phone to them I complained about the "case" which wasn't actually a case. The guy told me that I had to contact their sales team on 01628918334 if I had any issues with the items in the order.

Just called them and mentioned that what is listed as a "case" (on http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-note/galaxy-note7/accessories/) isn't what people actually received. Mentioned that it is false advertising and that I want one of the cases listed on that page. The lady explained that when they shipped out all the pre-orders they didn't have any of them available and therefore just added some random thing.

She is going to escalate it within her department and then get back to me "soon".

Awsome I look forward to hearing the reply if one. Chap I spoke to today morning seemed switched on, he said the software issues and build quality issues I had raised on the account were documented but but that despite that there has been no collection organised for Monday as I was told. He said he was going to get me onto the list for the replacement device abd that it would take about 3 weeks. Like others he said someone will call within 7 days to give further details and also discuss compensation but didn't know what that compensation was.

You know what? I'm going to be cheeky and say I want my replacement note and a heavy discount on another one for my missus... Don't ask dont get I suppose

Associate
As much as the battery issue replacement frustrates me and how the phone is crying out for a couple of performance improving updates, you just can't get away from how good the phone is.

I am just in awe at the screen, and the design just feels so good in the hand. How they have made a 5.7 inch note feel so comfortable to hold is incredible. I never had a note 5 but the difference between the note 4 and note 7 is like night and day.

Associate
I want user replaceable battery, so I will stick to my Note 4. I have owned all the Galasy S series and all Note series until Note 4... Samsung decided to go the "apple" way by making their phones with inbuilt battery... no go for me.

Associate
Did anybody else get a shocking experience from Samsung yesterday?

I rang the number supplied in the email, to be told that I had to ring my retailer. Which was Samsung.... Grrrr. After then being told I needed to listen to a statement (which could have been emailed - Grrrr again), I was told that I needed to ring the Samsung Shop...

I did ask to be transferred which resulted in a long wait and when actually in the process of being transferred the shop hung up.

As this was costing a small fortune, I asked for a call back. None came so I rang the shop.

At no point was I asked to register for a return and that I would get a call back - infact I was told to call back next week - so from a pre-order number of 438 I'm now at the back of the queue for a replacement?

And apparently I have to send the phone back. There will be no courier exchanges and I cannot exchange in a Samsung shop. This is poor - really poor. I'm supposed to be without a phone for an un-specified amount of time for no fault of my own? I could understand it if I'd damaged my phone, but this is not the case...

I've sent an email (a long email) to them which I don't expect anything other than being fobbed off, and I'm still raw about that free case that wasn't a case. I read a post earlier from someone stating that they didn't have the cases when they had expected them so they just added something random into the box.

Bad form Mr. Samsung. Bad form...

Back
Top Bottom