The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Soldato
Surely it wouldn't work at all with the SG06? The fan is showing out the front because of the space - the blank front panel of the SG06 wouldn't allow you put the 120mm fan on at all...

As for the fans becing clean could it be because they are new?

I thought I saw a mod on an international forum with metal fame underneath the cover trimmed away to provide more room for a push pull combo. Can't find it now, so I might of been mistaken. Nearest I've seen is this

For rear fans I meant clean installation with the rear hole cutting. I wouldn't have the confidence to mod a case myself, so slightly envious of people with the skills and tools.

Soldato
Forgot to stuff my ITX in this thread a while back.

Case: slightly modded Jou Jye 528i 220W
Zotac 9300 GE mobo
E8400 @ stock 3GHz - Cooler is Silverstone NT07
4GB DDR2 RAM 800mhz
ATI 5570 LP with fan removed (gets airflow from PSU fan)
320GB 2.5" WD HDD
128GB 2.5" Samsung SSD
Slim DVD RW

tmp1.jpg

tmp2kw.jpg

tmp4.jpg

tmp3u.jpg

tmp5z.jpg

tmp6.jpg

tmp8k.jpg

tmp7w.jpg

It's sometimes used for gaming, does stuff like CSS @ 120fps, TF2, C&C, L4D all just fine. 1024x768 or a few notches higher is what I have it at.

It's been on for days and is currently sitting at about 40 degrees. Ambient is 25.

When gaming temperatures do get into 70's but it's all well within limits. Noise-wise, it's audible as there's very little to muffle the fan noise but with the high speed (single speed) gpu fan removed the whirring doesn't bother me.

Main point of this is I can literally pack it into a medium backpack and take it anywhere :)

Last edited:
Associate
well got it up and running need to strip it and try again with the cables (nest)

Antec fusion remote black
corsair hw650w
intel q6600
Gainward 4870 golden sample
Mini ninja
lg blu/hd-dvd
1tb+360gb
8gb corsair xms2

idle temps are 33c load about 45c

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1284/dsc0053ggt.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6171/dsc0054x.jpg

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1449/dsc0057dws.jpg

Hi Steveo

Hopefully you see this :D i see you have a antec fusion and you managed to squeeze a HD 4870 GS in there , Can i ask did you have any trouble getting the lid on with those 6 Pin connectors being on top of the GPU card , Im interested in a GTX 460 GS coupled up with a 650w TX Corsair PSU but am worried i wont be able to close the damn thing up :p

I love this case but getting things to fit properly is abit of a nightmare

Cheers
Trev

Associate
I'll post my little box. You'll notice the big vacant space where my lovely HD5850 should be, but it seems to be FUBAR so I'll be testing it in a new machine and if it really is dead then replacing with a 5770, which should fit in this case quite nicely. One good by-product of the graphics card going **** up meant I had a chance to tidy some of those cables up. I'll soon be getting rid of my crappy cooler and buying a Shuriken to replace it.:)

Specs are as follows:

Silverstone Sugo SG05B
Zotac 9300 ITX WiFi
Intel E8400 @ 3.0GHz
4GB OCZ Gold DDR2 6400
Samsung Spinpoint M7 400GB

IMG_0006-1.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

100_0319.jpg

And here's a shot of when I had the graphics card inside. :(

100_0320.jpg

Love it mate! i do have a soft spot for them cases!

Soldato
Might as well put this here as well!

Specs:
Lian Li Q07
E8400
Zotac 9300 ITX IE
HD4670
4GB Geil
OCZ Vertex LE 50GB
Samsung F3 1TB

Last edited:
Soldato
I use it for everything! I don't game any more so it's just used for general surfing etc and then for music and films. Really pleased with it, don't know if I could go back to a much bigger case now!

Soldato
Apollo do single, double and triple column stands starting at 20cm that aren't mega expensive IIRC, saw them on AVForums.

Or you could just paint a couple of cinder blocks and wack some Aurelex Mopads on top.

Associate
Here is the specs mate.

Lian Li q07 B Modded
Gigabyte GA-H55n mini itx
Intel i3 530
Thermalright HR-02
Sapphire Radeon HD5550
Seagate Momentus xt 500gb
2 x 2gb Mushkin Silverline
Some Sony slimline CD drive
Pico 150 XT psu

Heres the finished pic, got some nice LED lighting in there now thanks for the quick delivery OcUK

DSC00045.jpg

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Associate
Nah no modding was required for the heatsink to fit at all, just had to make sure I put the heatsinks and fan on last thats all which thermalright did a great job in providing nice screw driver.

Apart from the window and mesh mod, the other parts I had to hack at with my dremel was the 5.25 bay as that was where all the wires primarily focused on with sata cables, power connections and the pico psu. So really not too bad to make everything fit to be honest.

Soldato
Nah no modding was required for the heatsink to fit at all, just had to make sure I put the heatsinks and fan on last thats all which thermalright did a great job in providing nice screw driver.

Apart from the window and mesh mod, the other parts I had to hack at with my dremel was the 5.25 bay as that was where all the wires primarily focused on with sata cables, power connections and the pico psu. So really not too bad to make everything fit to be honest.

Nicely done! Stuffing all that gubbins up in the roof of the case was something I wished I could do.

I've all but finished my Q11 build and did chuckle at the size of the heatsink in your dinky Q7. I'm amazed the side panel didn't buckle under the weight. :D I tried something equally ambitious for a heatsink, by my Mobo refused to play nice. :(

Back
Top Bottom