The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Have you got the PSU and CPU fan working against each other? Would it help if you had the fan sucking through the heatsink and into the PSU for it to be dumped out the case?

Or use a bigger fan?

Just a idea.

Last edited:
Top down heatsinks don't work well if you do that. Someone did flip the PSU upside down so the fans weren't fighting and it only reduced temps by 2 degrees.

It's in my signature already but here it is
Form Factor: mITX
Manufacturer: Silverstone SG05
CPU: i7 3770K @3.0Ghz 0.792v
RAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Kingston HyperX Blu
SSD(s): 120GB PNY SSD (removed the 3.5" bay to improve airflow)
GFX: KFA2 GTX670 GC OC (1006mhz)

Temps:
At all stock speeds (3.5Ghz on the CPU and 1110Mhz core clock on the GPU), when I ran a full torture test (prime95+furmark) I was getting 85C on the GPU and 105C on the CPU

which is waaaaaay too high.

I've now undervolted the CPU by 0.135v and downclocked it to 3.0Ghz (no noticable performance drop) and the CPU is now running at 54 degrees C with only prime95 running. GPU is also limited to 80% of TDP with a 0.1v undervolt (basically a simple way to underclock the GPU using afterburner - this basically just limits the core clock to 1006mhz (still higher than stock 670) and stops boost from activating.
Now under the GPU+CPU stress test I'm getting 68C on the CPU and 78C on the GPU

I should also note I'm using the stock intel cooler at the moment which I plan to replace at some point soon. Not sure what cooler to get at the moment but I'm looking at the Silverstone NT06-E or pro. May well swap out the default case fan as well but I'll have to have a look into that. Hopefully my temps will improve a bit with these updates.

Crysis 3 on 1080p maximum settings aside from anti-aliasing which is at 1xSMAA - around 40fps
CPU maxed at 55C
GPU maxed at 78C

Photo's behind the spoiler :)
IMG_20130415_194500_zps6a9ad40b.jpg

IMG_20130415_194435_zpsbcfa7b26.jpg

IMG_20130415_194231_zps2aba85ff.jpg

Last edited:
My Prodigy effort:

Wasn't at all happy with the heat trap caused by that (albeit lovely) side window and the effect on the GPU, so I reverted to the original side panel and put a DEMCiflex dust filter over the vents......MUCH cooler now:

Thanks!

I'm really happy with it, It's not used for gaming and is VERY quiet, the only noise i can here is from the USB drive sitting on top.

The supplied PSU fan makes no noise and the the stock cooler is silent as well, certainly no where near as bad as I thought it would be.

The case itself is fan-less and the temps sit around 37 celcius.

Back
Top Bottom