TU200B with a Corsair H90 jammed in. Couldn't be a tighter fit... :D

Gigabyte Z87N-WiFi
i5 4670K
16gb Corsair Vengeance Silver
MSI GTX670 PE
Crucial M500 256gb
Seasonic G-Series 550w

Last edited:
Well I added the second GTX 780 in SLI to my Silverstone SG10 build and temps are excellent, way better than I was expecting. I flipped around the top 180mm fan so it's now an exhaust instead of an intake, and I have to use a very aggressive fan profile for the GPUs but they idle at 33°C/29°C and after a full run of 3DMark, the top card hits 79°C (both GPU fans running at 100% at that temp). I can get that a few degrees lower by increasing the case fan speeds but it's not really worth it. After 30 mins of Crysis 3 fully maxed out, the top card only reached 75°C. It's pretty noisy as you might imagine but I think that's a fair trade off for having this much power in a tiny case and I game wearing headphones anyway.

ahw3OD2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my silent, cool running HTPC gaming pc.

Silverstone LC13B-E HTPC Case
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500k @4.5ghz
Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Cpu Cooler (2x 92mm Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan XE1)
Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 Motherboard
8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 1600mhz
Sapphire R9 270X 2GB @1150mhz/1400mhz
Asus Xonar DS PCI 7.1 Soundcard
Sennheiser HD555 Headphone
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
4TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
2TB Samsung F4 Eco Green HDD
2x 80mm Noiseblocker BlackSilent Fan X2 Fan (Exhaust)
Scythe Kaze Master" 5.25" Bay Fan Controller
Corsair HX650 Modular PSU

OLjtVvO.jpg

xXeMl15.jpg

andHeIB.jpg

Last edited:
Put this together in January so late in posting.

Shelved plans to mod case with internal paint job, as non-black cases don't get internally painted, and braid PSU cables/remove surplus cables. But lack of tools and skills scared me off try.

sg05w1_zpse5faff42.jpg

Case top vent above PSU
sg05w2_zps2943caf9.jpg

PSU fan is facing up as it's semi passive and not aiding in cooling of passive CPU heatsink. But eventually plan to add a slimline fan underneath fins of CPU heatsink to blow air out of case top, as the three added filters and the warmer weather have increased temperatures when gaming. No rush to do it.

Wanted a filter on top vent to avoid dust settling when PC is off. The right side filter in case eventual CPU fan alters airflow and pulls in from right vent. Also a filter on graphics card side.

I did considering a filter for the front grille to avoid having to open case up to clean internal fan filter.

The motherboard doesn't offer lower than 1.5V for memory (805 BIOS) so benefit of Tactical LP 1.35V is missed.

The case colour looks more uniformed in the pictures than it is. There are four tones of white with the case cover being more cream spectrum end, followed by case base, mucky white for plastic front, and a bright white for optical drive cover.

Gigabyte GB-BXi5-4200. 128GB Plextor mSATA. 16GB DDR3 1600.

dOTqbmp.jpg.png

Spent last night playing Half Life 2 on it at 2560x1440 for two hours and the fan kept it nice and cool and even though it was running at full tilt the noise was hardly intrusive. When my cable ties arrive and I get it tucked up under my desk, I imagine I won't be able to hear a thing.

Runs the latest Linux flawlessly too, so I'm probably going to keep it and get rid of my Mac Mini.

After doing a quick dust check and being very surprised not to find any, I decided to finally take a few pics of my HTPC, which I completed six months ago. It was a long and expensive journey, involving many cases and umpteen pounds spent on hardware, but eventually I finally got around to buying a Lian Li v354, pre soundproofed by OcUK. The fingerprints were added by me.

I'm rather hesitant to post in the SFF forum, as even though it's MATX, she's a still a bit on the large side. Still, the case was a bit of a nuisance to work with, so that fulfils at least one criteria of SFF. ;)

Cable management perfectionists should probably look away. :o

Don't feel too bad, this is as tidy as my V354 got with no HD cage and copious P clips and cable ties..

Tidy V354 by neilgates, on Flickr

Not sure this case is classed as a SFF case but it does use an iTX board. :)

Corsair 250D case, MSI Z87i AC Gaming motherboard, intel i7 4770k CPU overclocked to 4.6Ghz, H100i liquid cooler with Corsair SP120 fans, Nvidia GTX 780 SC Graphics card, Be-Quiet 630 PSU, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, 2 x 2TB Samsung Mechanical drives, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP memory, LG Blu-Ray drive, Be-Quiet 140mm Silent wings fan.

Don't have a window in this one due to GPU temps. Wondering if reference cooler will be better in this case (may be change from Clasi to 780TI)

When I was building my girlfriends Prodigy, one thing that really helped temps over all was changing the solid front for the mesh one with a 230mm intake. Like you, she has a non ref GPU cooler and it's all fine.

Back
Top Bottom