The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Just built a mini itx with the antec ISK 600 and the case is amazing, looks great and has brilliant features. I never had a modular PSU and it could really do with one but was still able to fit all the spare cables in.

At the moment weighing up between Node 304 and the isk 600.

Any chance you could list your spec and how was fitting the psu?:cool:

Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI Intel Z97
Corsair Hydro H50 taken from my other PC with a sigle push fan
Crucial MX100 128GB SATA 2.5” 7mm SSD + a 1TB 3.5 HDD
Intel Pentium K Anniversary G3258
Corsair tx650 PSU

The power supply sits at the front of the case with a power extension cable running down the left from the back to the front, with about an inch gap where the power supply plugs in, the two drive bays remove completely without any screws. The PSU spare cables I cable tied up as best as I could and theres space where the cables come out the PSU and between the PSU and the motherboard, which is where I put them.

A few pics of my system after moving it to the SG05 today. It's a Core i5 4670K @ 4GHz, 8GB DDR3 2133, GTX 670, MSI Z87I, 250GB EVO, Corsair H60V2.

VwbfsYU.jpg

8UbK1TQ.jpg

A1Dnb4S.jpg

0Y3fCRB.jpg

It's a wee bit louder than the Prodigy was, but I'm fine with that. Was worried about the tubes for the AIO so I may replace it with a low profile air cooler if there's any good offers on any time soon.

My new SFF, the Hadron Hydro -

I7 4790k @ 4.6ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133MHz
EVGA 780 GTX Ti
120GB EVO
1TB EVO

Runs fairly quietly considering whats in there and the cooling is only a twin rad. Idles at around 30 gets to about 65ish after a few hours gaming and prime pushed it up to low 80's so not the coolest case in the world but not bad.

Last edited:
Built this to potentially replace my Asustor NAS:

Antec ISK-110 case
Asrock z77e-itx
4GB DDR3
i5 2500k
1x2TB 2.5" hard drive
1x64GB Crucial M4 SSD

2vb06qq.jpg

4vq1k7.jpg

17g13o.jpg

Replacing the 2500k with an i3 3220 as its too powerful for this case. May end up getting another 2TB drive and replace the M4 with an MSATA SSD.

Pretty darn small and well specced for the size.

Very nice case.

With the 2500k, try undervolting it a little ? Maybe disable the turbo.

Should help. Did a similar thing with kids system mini itx but had to undervolt it, works well now. Though not the small form factor of your case. :D good work.

Replaced the 2500k with an i3 3220. Much better temps now with the lower TDP and efficiency of Ivy Bridge. Using the stock fan from the 2500k, so it's a copper base instead of aluminium (think it's aluminium?), so that helps a little.

Also replaced the M4 with a Liteon 64GB MSATA, so got room for another 2TB drive in the future :)

Really nice case for the money. Got the stock fan set to the lowest possible speed, idles around 30c and goes to about 50-55c under prime95. Silent basically, unless a put my head close to the case.

Switched from a Mac mini to this for my little server. Wanted something that was more expandable, powerful and in a single box (also, being able to see the S.M.A.R.T status of the drives is helpful!).

Spec:
  • Lian-Li Q25B
  • Intel Core i3-4160 (3.6GHz) - transcoding is the most intensive thing it'd be doing, so didn't spend the extra cash for the extra cache (see what I did there?)
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI
  • 1x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz
  • Corsair CS450M
  • 2x WD Red 3TB in RAID1
  • 1x Samsung EcoGreen F3 1.5TB
Running OpenMediaVault, which is great. Plugins for LVM, BT Sync, Plex, OpenVPN, Netatalk, and...tons more!

All cabling before the power supply went in:
2014-09-28-1412pm%20%282%29.jpg

2014-09-28-1412pm%20%283%29.jpg

Complete:
2014-09-28-1412pm.jpg

Nice little case. Only gripes are there are quite a lot of sharp edges (appears to be common with the cheaper Lian Li cases) and a tiny bend on the middle latch in the last picture (can't be seen). Aside from that, it's fantastic. Can hold 9 3.5" drives without mods (just using those stacker brackets).

Last edited:
Huge mITX

Most of the SFF builds on here are big, are they not? First time looking at this section and I expected to see cases that looked like mini ITX based systems AND mATX. Not much use to those seeking advice on small form factor as opposed to midi sized systems. I enjoy the challenge of making as small as system as possible which is a different league to just using small format motherboards in middling size cases and packing in all the usual full size PC components.Thats not so much a form factor challenge as just getting a smaller case and motherboard and putting the usual stuff inside it.
Ah well, different strokes for different folks I suppose, and those same folk can build as they wish.
Just a bit disappointed that this section does not seem to have the usual broad ranging legion of facts and advice and in depth analysis which are an outstanding feature of the excellent OC forums.

miserable drone over.....:)

SFF builds will always be in the minority for obvious reasons... although you really need to define what you mean by SFF.

Is my SG05 SFF? Or is it only the likes of the Antec ISK-110 above?

Perhaps this sub-forum would be more accurate if named ITX instead of SFF.

I understand. I think 3 sub forums, m-ATX, mITX and Atom NLC devices and similar.
EG when looking for posts on Pico PSU it is unlikely there will be one in an mATX heavy forum, and there will be vice-versa arguments, across a whole range of components.
Just a thought.

PS.

That Antec case that you commented on, above, I agree that's a fine case.

Last edited:
I think mATX is too far. They have ATX in the word they are full size :)

itx and below is sff and even then some of the itx builds are getting big. Do understand your concerns though.

I think mATX is too far. They have ATX in the word they are full size :)

itx and below is sff and even then some of the itx builds are getting big. Do understand your concerns though.

Yes, I do not view my SG01 ass a SFF, ofcourse the 2 slot mITX cases are nothing to brag about. If there was a 2 slot Element Q case, ok bragging rights are given. Give me a 5.5 inch tall 2 slot mITX case & I will be happy.

Last edited:
Just ordered a ISK 110 with the rest of my build just now going for a AMD 5350 AM1 build .......should be fun. I have seen people building one of these up and they have had to take the front panel of as the cables were getting in the way is this the same for all

Just ordered a ISK 110 with the rest of my build just now going for a AMD 5350 AM1 build .......should be fun. I have seen people building one of these up and they have had to take the front panel of as the cables were getting in the way is this the same for all

I didn't need to for my build posted above.

Its awkward, and would arguably be easier to install by taking the front panel off, but its fine with it left on. Took me about 10-15mins to get it all installed and wired in.

I suppose if you want up to date gaming, lighting rig,multiple drives for raid or mass storage etc etc but want to reduce the footprint,or want to fit it into a media equipment array, the m-ATX is the smallest viable option that will do it. Obviously a mini ITX motherboard will fit into an m-ATX case to enable this but for me, ( and others it seems) mini-ITX is the concept of aiming for the smallest possible dimensions using a 170x170mm motherboard. Thats the challenge. Fortunately for me, space is not an issue and I will have full size Lian Li ATX case under the desk and a mini-ITX probably next to the monitor, so I suppose I can have the luxury o both extremes together.
The case I am using is 197mm x 197mm and 80mm high so its obviously limited as to what can go in.
Its getting an H97 AS Rock MB and a Pentium G3258K ( good clocking batch selected ) so it will be interesting to see what it can do (The H97 BIOS has OC options on a BIOS update, against Intels wishes)

Antec ISK110
Asus AM1l-A
AMD Athlon 5350
Crucial M500 120Gb
Teamgroup Elite 4Gb 1600Mhz

2014-10-10%2015.06.12.jpg

2014-10-10%2015.06.39.jpg

Have it running W8.1 and its fast as hell, tried to have it running the Openelec+PHT builds that are on the Plex forums but it just wouldnt have it so will wait for the 4.0 builds to come out of it. Very happy with it just need to put the Aeon Skin in it and am sorted. For under £200 am chuffed

Last edited:
I've cobbled together a SFF PC for the occasional LAN game weekends that my Uncle organises. I had most of the parts anyway but fell in love with the idea of a case and cooler combo but had no idea if it would fit, so decided to try it. So, to answer the question that nobody is asking - will a Raijintek Pallas fit into an EVGA Hadron Air?

20141007_171032_zpsf0aafd88.jpg

20141007_171145_zps7eff8eb1.jpg

20141011_170650_zpsbc96d996.jpg

20141007_171129_zpsc4078aeb.jpg

20141007_171113_zpsc8f6c4c6.jpg

20141007_171042_zps33528e24.jpg

Yes, it will! :D

As I said, it's composed mainly of bits I already had, so it's an i7-2600K on an MSI B75IA-E33 motherboard (so max o/c is only 3.8GHz), running 8GB of RAM, a Sapphire 7850 Dual-X GPU, 120GB Intel 330 SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD and the EVGA slim ODD. Finally, added a spare cheap white LED strip I had kicking around to the back.

I was expecting the components to run warm in such a small case, but Prime95 tops out the CPU at 55C and Heaven topped the GPU at 62C - in both cases the respective fans were still at almost their idle setting.

I would say that the board/cooler/case combo works well, but is really not ideal. The board is very cheap considering it has USB3 & SATA6, but all the sockets are in the wrong place for this case so power, SATA, front panel and USB were all a bit of a pain to connect up. If I'd used the stock Intel fan, or just a smaller one, it would've been much easier, but then the finished product wouldn't look as cool! I'd rather spend an extra 2 hours putting it together than regret my decisions a little each time I look at it afterwards. The lack of overclocking on the CPU is annoying, but then both CPU & GPU are overkill for the games we play (HL2, Unreal Tournaments 1-3, Far Cry 2, GRID, etc) so ultimately it doesn't matter. The only real annoyance is that I can't find a way to vary the fan if attached to the Chassis Fan header, so the top two fans in the case were quite loud - I've now attached them straight to the PSU with a reducer so it's now quiet.

Anyway, thought I'd share a few pics of my little PC (which ended up looking remarkably like my main PC's mini-me!) in case anyone wants to see. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom