The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

That case is fantastic, I'm on the lookout for SFF and this might be ideal, trouble is I don't want to buy another mobo as I already have a Micro ATX right now.

Had to open up the case to install a new WD Red 3.0TB HDD so snapped a few pics of the fantastic cable routing job I did *cough*

Works a treat though, and there is a clear space from the frost push/pull straight through to the PSU acting as an exhaust.

Still shocked at how the 290 Tri-X fits in such a small case, it's clearly TARDIS technology at work:
LxS2qSH.png

Dat cabling:
d1nbTUa.png

Last edited:
Had to open up the case to install a new WD Red 3.0TB HDD so snapped a few pics of the fantastic cable routing job I did *cough*

Works a treat though, and there is a clear space from the frost push/pull straight through to the PSU acting as an exhaust.

Still shocked at how the 290 Tri-X fits in such a small case, it's clearly TARDIS technology at work:
LxS2qSH.png

Dat cabling:
d1nbTUa.png

What case is that? Sorry, a bit off topic, I love Dr. Who, sadly it is in the next package on Dish Network.

Last edited:
To be fair, I've done a couple of family builds in Cooler Master 120 and 130s, there's not an awful lot of space to hide cables away in either. Unless you're using a modular PSU and minimal components the best you can hope for is good airflow and being grateful the case doesn't have a window. :)

Edit - lovely looking and performing cases for the money though.

My GPU is 4.5ish inches tall, no real need for me to have to have goten a 8 inch tall case. A 5.5 inch tall 2 slot would be groat with the new 600watt SFX Silverstane has.

Last edited:
New HTPC.

N5qx5O4.jpg

FMqPvdq.jpg

dOoVzIG.jpg

Unsure yet if im going to be running Windows 7 or some Linux Distro...But its primary use will be XBMC.

Specs:

AMD Athlon 5350 2.05GHz Quad Core Processor
Asus AM1I-A AMD AM1 (Socket FS1b) DDR3 Mini ITX Motherboard
OCZ Solid3 60GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD

As for the ram,In the picture i borrowed 2x 1gb sticks of 1333Mhz ram from another machine just to test,I've got 4gb 1600Mhz (single stick) on the way,unsure what brand yet,either Samsung, Hynix,.etc..i don't really care as long as it works.

Nice to be buying something AMD,Not bought anything AMD for years. :)

Wondering how most of the builds on here are going to do in terms of airflow, seems to be lots of cabling all over the place.
I had no option but the 24 pin Pico route, no room for any other option, and even then the harness had cable runs and connectors in excess....Floppy drive connector on its own run, when is that ever going to be used? The run with a single SATA power connector was over long as well, whereas the 4 pin CPU ATX run was too short and would have to stretch of the CPU cooler.
So out with the cable cutters, sleeving and heatshrink,
I am remaking the harness with just the connectors I want on cable runs specific to the component connectors they are going to, and getting sleeved in the process.
2 x SATA connectors only about 7 mm apart on the same cable, because if I get a second SSD it will be strapped to the first. Double sided tape perhaps.
No fan connectors on the harness, 2 x 50mm case fans will run on splitter from MB chassis fan header.4 pin cable and SATA cable will fit snug between motherboard and case side, about 10mm per side for them.
The only other cabling will be SATA data cables, and seeing as the SSD/s mounting is only 50mm from the MB SATA ports only need a minimal cable. I managed to find some 70mm and 100mm which will be great for this.
Its a fiddly job, some of the connectors such as Pico 5 pin header are minute, but I think its worth the effort.

Just to add to that and show that ITX cases can be slightly more clutter free...
20141116_224303_zpscatnar9u.jpg

20141116_224329_zpsvqfxu52o.jpg

Raijintek Metis

The inside of my little build.
Intel 4690k
Asus Z87i Pro
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 1600mhz
Crucial M500 240gb
Silverstone SST-ST65F-G Strider Gold 650w (Short Cable Kit)
Corsair Hydro H60 V2

Last edited:
That all looks rather smart, but I don't think you mentioned which case you used here?

Thanks! :)

Looks like the BitFenix Prodigy mATX. Nice and tidy :)

It's a Raijintek Metis - it's mentioned in the title of the post. Would be very interested how you find the temperatures in that case, I was looking at it but ended up going for the Hadron instead.

Yep it's a Raijintek Metis

Just got one myself to replace the Antec Sonata case I was using for an HTPC in the living room.The thing is rather small indeed and for £35 (none window) it's a lovely little case.

Mine would have been complete but I had problems with my Corsair HX620W the only spare PSU I had it was taking up more room than I wanted so just ordered a Silverstone Strider SST-ST30SF.

Full system
AMD Athlon 5350
Raijintek Metis
Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 4GB
MSI AM1I AMD AM1
Silverstone Strider SST-ST30SF

21kbl09.jpg

I'm going to fit a sharkoon 120mm silent eagle 1000 on the side sucking air out when it's complete.

Last edited:

Been looking through all your nice tiny cases but not sure what i'd change this to. Built it a while ago for my other half. Will connect it to our living room tv when our house is sorted. Running a 4670k, 8GB DDR3, GTX670, Full custom w/c loop with 240mm rad in roof and 200mm in front

Antec ISK110
Asus AM1l-A
AMD Athlon 5350
Crucial M500 120Gb
Teamgroup Elite 4Gb 1600Mhz

2014-10-10%2015.06.12.jpg

2014-10-10%2015.06.39.jpg

Have it running W8.1 and its fast as hell, tried to have it running the Openelec+PHT builds that are on the Plex forums but it just wouldnt have it so will wait for the 4.0 builds to come out of it. Very happy with it just need to put the Aeon Skin in it and am sorted. For under £200 am chuffed

Is that the standard heatsink?

My elite 130 Mini-ITX build, with custom loop.

Coolermaster Elite 130
Silverstone Strider SFX 600W

Asus Z97I-Plus Intel Z97
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz (Devil's Canyon) (Heatkiller 3.0 on it)
TeamGroup Vulcan GOLD 16GB

Asus GeForce GTX 980 DirectCU II OC Strix 4096MB
EK Water Blocks EK-FC980 GTX Strix - Nickel

Kingston 120GB SSDNow M.2 SATA 6Gbps
Old Samsung 1Tb HDD - (I could not quite stretch to a new SDD)

2x Hardware Labs Black ICE Radiator GT Stealth 120 (1x Push/pull at the front and one just push at the side)
3x Silverstone SST-FN123 FN Series Fan 1215 (Using these fans as they are nice and thin.)

Custom fan controller for the 3 fans, (100Ohm potentiometer with a 3W heat limit)

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Side-Asus.jpg

Side-HDD.jpg

Top.jpg

I might get around to making some custom power cables to tidy up the cable soup a bit, luckily the cables witht eh SFX600 are quite short so not too hard to "mostly" hide.

FYI, if anyone is interested the setup above sits at around 40C coolant temp, when running the CPU/GPU at 100%.
Takes about 15min to get up to that temperature. (CPU@67 and GPU@49)

So seems pretty good for my general use.
I don't think it would be a good build for any overclocking, as I would not want to push the heat any higher than 40.

UPDATE
Temps of the coolant were hitting 45oC when under full load.
Not really too good as I think this is too warm.

So I have chopped a hole in the RHS of the case over the rad and fitted a 4th fan. Both rads are now push/pull.

Now the system sits at a happy 32oC playing maxed BF4.
Mby even some overclocking headroom :o

Just a shame it has messed up the lines of the case a little bit

Last edited:
Had some random bits I was going to sell but instead built a bedroom media server/steam box.

Specs.
Intel i3 4130
EVGA 750Ti SC
2nd hand MSI Z97M Gaming (burnt out CPU1 fan header but CPU2 works!)
16GB Crucial DDR3 1600MHz
1TB HSGT 2.5" HDD, 500GB Seagate 2.5" HDD, 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD.
CM G650M PSU.

Bought a Jonsbo/Cooltek U3 for the challenge - difficult case to work with but very satisfied after 9 hours of swearing.

Temps are pretty good as well

Back
Top Bottom