The SFF Case Gallery And Specs Thread

Associate
g6W21Mx_d.webp

just waiting on my ram! Hopefully it'll fit in the old sg05, if not (and im tempted to try in a few months) i'll front mount the psu and try and wedge a 240 rad, or a taller cpu cooler. Or just get a new case, but...

Last edited:
Associate
Sliger S620
16GB RAM
5600X Undervolted (Noctua D15S)
3060ti Undervolted
Corsair SF750w PSU
2TB & 1TB of NVMe
Noctua case fans (7 total) Running intake from the rear with the PSU on a riser for an additional exhaust fan that is not shown in image.

Last edited:
Soldato

Forgot to share this matx case I put some old components in a couple weeks back. The Jonsbo C6.
Cost 159 rmb, so under 20 quid... I actually really liked how it looked, and how it was to build in. Obviously it's not great here, with my ketchup and mustard PSU cables, and zero cable tidying, but a mate just needed a PC urgently.
Taking an atx PSU, and a matx board but still being reasonably compact, it allows for super cheap (parts box) builds. I'll definitely be buying another soon.

Last edited:
Soldato

Forgot to share this matx case I put some old components in a couple weeks back. The Jonsbo C6.
Cost 159 rmb, so under 20 quid... I actually really liked how it looked, and how it was to build in. Obviously it's not great here, with my ketchup and mustard PSU cables, and zero cable tidying, but a mate just needed a PC urgently.
Taking an atx PSU, and a matx board but still being reasonably compact, it allows for super cheap (parts box) builds. I'll definitely be buying another soon.

looking to do build in this case for my friend looking to use with 5600g (would use aftermarket cpu cooler) + 6700xt but not much information around what kind of temps to expect

Soldato
i5 6500T and no GPU, so not really a comparison for what you're going with. I moved off the horrific Intel stock cooler and on to an ID IS50. Cool as a cucumber. :D

You're definitely going to want to have a fan on the front, or in the bottom I think.

Associate
I purchased Node 304 case in 2015 and it has gone through 2 different builds - I stuck with it because I love the look of it and it fullfills most of my requirements.

My latest build is a compact, silent mid-range gaming PC that runs pretty much most modern games at high settings and at decent framerates whilst running very quiet at the same time.

Temps are very good for this build with the cpu and gpu idling around 40c and 30c and during heavy gaming load, 65c and 60c with the VRMs never going above 55c - I have the 3060Ti underclocked @ 1900Mhz/0.875v. Ambient temperature is 23c as of writing.

I was hoping to upgrade my GTX 1080 to a RTX 4060Ti but as the performance was so poor compared to last generation, I managed to pickup a 3060Ti for around £220 instead, which is a worthy upgrade whilst allowing me to use DLSS and raytracing. Hopefully this card will last me for a year or two until the RTX 5000 series comes out and pricing vs performance returns to affordable levels again.

As I am on the AM4 platform, if there comes a point when I need to upgrade my 3700X, I can just slot-in a 58003D. However as I am running a 3060Ti, my CPU should not present any bottlenecks.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Jay85 I really like this build. i have it on my shortlist. Is it easy to build with? I am considering builidng another mitx build as it has been a while since I last built one.

I wouldn't say it was hard but i wouldn't say it was easy either. Planning is key for this case, you need to know how many cables you're gonna run and where you're gonna run them to. Cos once you close the 2 halves together, its a hassle to redo it again. I would also consider getting the C extender kit to give you abit more breathing room especially if you're gonna have a lot of rgb and fan cables to route. Also don't try an ATX psu in this, it will fit but the cables are too long unless you get custom short cables. SFX-L or SFX is the way to go.

That's a fantastic build Jay85 :D

Thanks mate :D

Soldato
Wow that’s class!

Still one of the best and nicest cases (if you can call it that) i've worked with. Got a waterblock coming for the 4090 so will make this build more or less complete.

Been eyeing up a new case for this but its rather expensive with a built in distro :eek:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Anyone tried the new NCase M1 Evo thing yet?

I’ve been running a v5 M1 since 2017 and love its dinky size, wondering whether the newer model was worth a go for a new build or just keep this one.

Back
Top Bottom