Poll: *** The Snow Leopard Thread - All Related Posts In Here ***

Are you going to upgrade to Snow Leopard?

• Yes indeedy, that I am.

Votes: 236 85.2%
  • No sir, not a chance.

Votes: 41 14.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
Yeah, I did remove it and reinstall. But I don't recall adding any printer drivers when I installed, I assumed it would detect my printer and go find the correct driver. Is it possible to add them at a later stage?

/edit - Ahah, I see that running the Optional Installs on the DVD is giving me the ability to add drivers. I've chosen the second option, ones for common and connected printers. Here goes!

/edit2 - That's better. It's got the correct driver now.

Soldato
Yeah, I did remove it and reinstall. But I don't recall adding any printer drivers when I installed, I assumed it would detect my printer and go find the correct driver. Is it possible to add them at a later stage?

/edit - Ahah, I see that running the Optional Installs on the DVD is giving me the ability to add drivers. I've chosen the second option, ones for common and connected printers. Here goes!

Depending on how common your thing is then you may have to go one further...

Mine were on the common bit...

Soldato
My early 08 MPB has just been sat on the grey startup screen with the spinning circle for about 20 mins after it rebooted in the upgrade process. Do i pull the plug or leave it?

I'll check it again after I've had a shower.

Soldato
My early 08 MPB has just been sat on the grey startup screen with the spinning circle for about 20 mins after it rebooted in the upgrade process. Do i pull the plug or leave it?

I'll check it again after I've had a shower.

Pull it.

For some reason recent updates inc Leopard get stuck.

Both my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro got stuck at 10.5.7 yet other peoples did at 10.5.8.

Weird!

Soldato
SnowLeopardonMacbook.jpg

Quite like the new features that I tried out so far. Now to install iWork. ;)

Soldato
I've just received my copy of SL. I really don't want to do a fresh install, as I have everything set up as I like it (Bootcamp etc etc).
2 questions;

1) Is there any concrete evidence that doing an upgrade sucks compared to a fresh install ?

2) Will an update affect my Bootcamp partition ? Does it update my Bootcamp version ?

Back
Top Bottom