Poll: *** The Snow Leopard Thread - All Related Posts In Here ***

Are you going to upgrade to Snow Leopard?

• Yes indeedy, that I am.

Votes: 236 85.2%
  • No sir, not a chance.

Votes: 41 14.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Sorry if this has been said already, is anyone running Safari in 64 bit mode?

I could NOT use any flash site / video without it going into spaz mode.

Just wondering....

Soldato
I don't really see any point in forcing it. Not all my apps are 64 bit compatible so it'd be more trouble than it's worth.

True but I just want to at least be able too, this is what they waffle on about yet we're all still in 32 bit mode with 64 extensions? :confused:

I can't even get 6 + 4 to work on my machine, just continues regardless into 32.

Associate
well since the day after launch day (thank you royal mail) i have been running 64 bit kernel permanently and as yet have had no problems at all.

nothing too taxing running tho...

safari
open office
spotify
handbreak
toast
various games (the wife is addicted to find the hidden object games)

not had a problem with anything

ca9

Associate
Just installed my copy onto my 2007 MacBook 2.2GHz dual core/4GB RAM.

It does seem slightly faster, although that might just be down to the reformat. I've found it's a lot quicker to shut down although slightly longer to resume from sleep.

Not gonna complain at £25 though. :)

Soldato
Glad to help :)

I did an install over 10.5.8, and it works perfectly :D Only issue so far is that it lost the license key for Smart Scroll (which I had to update anyway).
It kept the license info for Path Finder, The Hit List, Pixelmator, Espresso, Sous Chef, VMware Fusion, XSlimmer, CSSEdit :)

Also, updating the Bootcamp drivers in Vista fixed an annoying bug where it did not save the right click for trackpad preference option :D

Last edited:
Soldato
[rant]
Preview's still utter tosh, though. For the life of me I cannot understand why you cannot open a picture and then click 'Previous' and 'Next' to go back/forward in that folder. I have hundreds of pictures in a folder and I want to use Preview to open them, but why do I have to select them all in order to do it ?
:mad: :(
[/rant]

:p

Soldato
[rant]
Preview's still utter tosh, though. For the life of me I cannot understand why you cannot open a picture and then click 'Previous' and 'Next' to go back/forward in that folder. I have hundreds of pictures in a folder and I want to use Preview to open them, but why do I have to select them all in order to do it ?
:mad: :(
[/rant]

:p

Dont know if there is a reason your specifically using preview for this, but, personally i do this task by using "Quick Look" which ive got mapped as SapceBar on my keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom