The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
It does feel small and it is not balanced with an adapted L glass in front. It feels like I am shooting a 70-200 on a DSLR kind of scale. That may change as I use it more, I don't know. The acid test is how it handles when I am under pressure, how quickly I can get to things, or do I just give up and pick up my 5D4 again.

I am going to shoot this with my 5D4, as my 3rd camera, not my main.

The eye AF looks AMAZING for portraits. almost being able to shoot blind.

Caporegime
Have they sorted the menu system out for the a7iii? I want one so badly, but i have to keep my a6500 for my sigma lenses.

Coming from Canon (and Fuji), the Sony menu needs a redesign. So many pages and scattered everywhere, like the "record to both cards" is about 30 pages apart from "shoot Raw or Jpeg". They could just put it under 1 page - Record to 1 or both cards, Raw or Jpeg etc.

Soldato
I can't see this advertised anywhere on their site, but when you add the A7iii and the Sigma MC-11 to the basket on WEX they give you the adapter for £99.50 and a 3 year warranty upgrade.

Tempting!!

Soldato
I can see myself having 2 of these before long, selling one 5D4 to fund it….the real test is when I get to edit it's RAW and shoot a proper wedding with it.
Didn't Jared polin say something about this and I'm sure he edited the files in light room,have a look at his video about the Sony.

Back
Top Bottom