The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
Check the serial number on the lens - any think after 012868 will not need it. Or through the camera menu screen, please select "Setup" then "Display version."

Soldato
Just ordered the Samyang 14mm f/2.8 to try on some astro shots. 10% off code sitewide on ebay until 8pm tonight - PUMPKINS (max £50 discount) got me it for about £216

Soldato
Caporegime
Associate
Sony said today animal eye focus coming in next firmware

I hope its soon :)

Yea innit. im flip flopping between getting the 70-200 but this lens keeps on giving

The 70-200 GM was my most used / favourite lens. I had my first trip out with the 100-400 yesterday and I'm really made up with it. Shooting the sharpness cards I cant tell the difference between the two, I'll try and shoot them back to back the next time I venture out but its definitely better than the 70-200 F4 I had. I'm probably daft keeping both but I don't fancy the financial hit if I let one go :( I will probably end up with new the apsc when it comes out and carry both.

Since the last firmware update on the A7iii, all auto focus features no work with the mc-11 and Canon glass.

Which focus features? I'm sure this wasn't the case when I tested a 24-105 last week, AF-s and AF-c worked but I had options greyed out.

Caporegime
I hope its soon :)

The 70-200 GM was my most used / favourite lens. I had my first trip out with the 100-400 yesterday and I'm really made up with it. Shooting the sharpness cards I cant tell the difference between the two, I'll try and shoot them back to back the next time I venture out but its definitely better than the 70-200 F4 I had. I'm probably daft keeping both but I don't fancy the financial hit if I let one go :( I will probably end up with new the apsc when it comes out and carry both.

Which focus features? I'm sure this wasn't the case when I tested a 24-105 last week, AF-s and AF-c worked but I had options greyed out.

According to Sony
Note: Focus Area options added: Zone, Expand Flexible Spot, and Lock-on AF

Caporegime
Well, just traded in my 55mm f1.8 and 28mm f2 and picked up the Tamron 28-75mm (the lenses covered the cost) and took a few test shots and I like it already... sharp and light. Can't wait to try it in the studio. :)

soft? My 55mm is razor sharp.
I assume from the amount and expense of gear you buy that you have heard of sample variation, right? Well, I unfortunately got 2 lemons ranging from awful to poor, both field tested with lots of hikes and studio shooting, and decided to call it quits on that lens.

Back
Top Bottom