The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Does Tesla pay influencers in the childrens/daughters social media sphere ?
Polestar had opened a new Test drive hub in Miltonkeynes, sounds like they need some levelling up.

Soldato
I was interested in what "said a few things" meant :D.
Shame didn't test drive the P2 tbh - good to have something to compare with. Sounds like maybe a bit of a bias mixed in to not even bother.
Decent decision either way.
i4 not far off, I wouldnt mind testing one and a Mod 3 at some point.

It was low level psychology stuff "ah, ok see you next week then" - "oh good, we get most people coming back after going to Polestar" etc he also said he was t a salesman so made no difference to him and just hoped I found the right car for me so ...

Congrats. What spec did you go for in the end? You won't be disappointed either way! I remember the one thing I loved about Tesla was how simple ordering and choosing the spec was. Some manufacturers have so many options and packs that include a bulk of some options that it's like a mix between booking a Ryanair flight and setting up a complex MMPORG character.

Thanks! Basic pauper spec in black :D gonna remove the aero trims and add caps (a tip.from the not a salesman) - I do need to add a few bits though including roof bars ....

I've heard others having issues trying to get a proper test drive of a Polestar, seems their test drive system needs some work, but I suppose either way it wouldn't have mattered since 50% of the vote didn't like the look or interior of it anyhow.

Yeah the "experience" of dealing with Tesla (faultless) and Polestar (painful) was like night and day

Soldato
Polestar had opened a new Test drive hub in Miltonkeynes, sounds like they need some levelling up.

Ha hadn't thought of that and my youngest actually preferred the pics of the Polestar but preferred the M4 in the flesh so who knows

I was leaning towards the Tesla due to trade in (Polestar don't), the glass roof as standard etc but would have been more than happy with either

Soldato
Yeah the "experience" of dealing with Tesla (faultless) and Polestar (painful) was like night and day
Polestar do need to improve their pre-sales process. They are defo more internet order focussed.
After sales they are amazing - Volvo dealers providing maintenance support and road-side assistance which is second to none.

Soldato
Ha hadn't thought of that and my youngest actually preferred the pics of the Polestar but preferred the M4 in the flesh so who knows

I'm not at all surprised. One of the reasons I'm a Tesla investor as well as an owner is because their brand recognition is priceless, particularly amongst children who'll be their future customers. It's almost unrivalled, not just in the auto sector but any, alongside maybe Apple and Nike (but kids are even wise to fast fashion and questionable manufacturing processes).

I don't know about your children but I know friends and neighbours have done projects on Musk at school etc. And the amount of times you'll drive past a school and children will gawp, point and wave.

Also still funny how many adults think they're really expensive cars, like Model X 80k+ level, whilst the cars behind and in front, say a Range Rover or top spec BMW get nowhere near the same assumptions (in my experience). It's actually the only negative of owning one for me as I'm not one for flash... hence why I have the pauper SR+ in "free white" too :D.

Soldato
Very true. They haven't done anything I'm school - projects etc but are very well.informed about him and his achievements (they're 12 and 14)

I know what you mean about the perception as well - very funny but that's what brand perception marketing do.for you !

Soldato
I'm not at all surprised. One of the reasons I'm a Tesla investor as well as an owner is because their brand recognition is priceless, particularly amongst children who'll be their future customers. It's almost unrivalled, not just in the auto sector but any, alongside maybe Apple and Nike (but kids are even wise to fast fashion and questionable manufacturing processes).

I don't know about your children but I know friends and neighbours have done projects on Musk at school etc. And the amount of times you'll drive past a school and children will gawp, point and wave.

Also still funny how many adults think they're really expensive cars, like Model X 80k+ level, whilst the cars behind and in front, say a Range Rover or top spec BMW get nowhere near the same assumptions (in my experience). It's actually the only negative of owning one for me as I'm not one for flash... hence why I have the pauper SR+ in "free white" too :D.
Have you seen the Simpsons clip?

He (Elon) lands a helicopter on children, and everyone gasps, till he steps out of the chopper and they all scream "OMG its Elon Musk" in an excited/no remorse for the crushed children voice.

Soldato

Tesla doesn't pay for advertising and they won't pay influencers. No need to when people genuinely enjoy the products and will rave about them anyway. As a Tesla driver myself I'm constantly amazed at the excitement about my car from the younger generations. Sometimes to the annoyance of their parents who just want to get on with their day.

Edit: What Russinating said (more eloquently) above.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tesla doesn't pay for advertising and they won't pay influencers.
so far ... also, no homage from Bond yet, afaik, in no time to die - that's the pinnacle for a marque - I doubt Musk would put the phone down, as Aston or BM didn't;
maybe a future roadster can introduce that halo product.
The background noise of advertising from id3/mach-e/P2 is building, so I think Tesla will need to reply, especially on the family appeal of their cars,
maybe BMW are embarrassed by their ix3 archtitecture but their electric advert is almost dismissive of the electric drive, just prioritizing family.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Was plugging in my car to a public charger the other day and an older chap stopped to ask questions.

He was genuinely excited to "see one in the flesh" so I showed him around the car and he couldn't have been more enthusiastic. He walked off and said "nice car, well done" :D

Soldato
so far ... also, no homage from Bond yet, afaik, in no time to die - that's the pinnacle for a marque - I doubt Musk would put the phone down, as Aston or BM didn't;
maybe a future roadster can introduce that halo product.
The background noise of advertising from id3/mach-e/P2 is building, so I think Tesla will need to reply, especially on the family appeal of their cars,
maybe BMW are embarrassed by their ix3 archtitecture but their electric advert is almost dismissive of the electric drive, just prioritizing family.

The EV segment is currently a small portion of a very large market. Demand is growing all the time for any electric vehicle. Tesla doesn't have a demand problem and until they do advertising makes no sense. The Model Y is a very family-oriented vehicle which is planned to be produced in very high volumes for an EV. I don't expect them to have any issues selling them without traditional advertising, but will be interesting to see.

Speaking of media appearance, you see a Teslas on various Netflix series and also films. Perhaps a prerequesite there if that you'd need to be a bit sad and looking out for them, but I've certainly noticed ;). This isn't something Tesla pays for. I agree with the possible 'halo' effect of the Roadster and a Bond appearance would be great.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've heard others having issues trying to get a proper test drive of a Polestar, seems their test drive system needs some work, but I suppose either way it wouldn't have mattered since 50% of the vote didn't like the look or interior of it anyhow.
Weirdly it was the opposite for me. I scheduled a few Tesla test drives and each one of them was cancelled with an hours notice from the dealer.

Polestar with exceptionally responsive, but even so, there just aren't enough test drive locations around the UK.

Soldato
Was plugging in my car to a public charger the other day and an older chap stopped to ask questions.

He was genuinely excited to "see one in the flesh" so I showed him around the car and he couldn't have been more enthusiastic. He walked off and said "nice car, well done" :D

agree - Domino's delivery guy the other day was excited to see one on the drive and started asking questions about it.

Another chap I know from the gym has seen mine and messaged me to ask some questions about it - he's looking to potentially get one next year.

They do still seem to have some "mystic" about them...

Soldato
People stop and ask me about my wife's ID3 when I am out and about in it. I think it is the electric car, rather than the 'mystique' of a Tesla that they are curious about.

Having said that, I would say there's a good chunk of my educated friends, family and neighbours that didn't even realise Teslas were 100% electric.

Back
Top Bottom