• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I just contacted a well-known store similar to OC.UK but located here in Denmark. I asked about when on the 18th November the sales of RX 6800 would begin. The reply was rather unsettling.

Original message said:
Hej *****

Tak for din mail.

Vi forventer desværre først at modtage dem i starten af 2021, så hvis du vil have den hurtigt, kan vi desværre ikke anbefale at bestille den gennem os.

Beklager at vi ikke kan hjælpe med dette.

Translated message said:
Hello *****

Thanks for your mail.

Unfortunately, we do not expect to receive them until the beginning of 2021, so if you want it quickly, we can unfortunately not recommend ordering it through us.

Sorry we can not help with this.

To put this into a little bit of a perspective. This store also has stores in Germany, so it's not a tiny shop. They are perhaps only smaller than the other Danish competitor who released those RTX 3000 series numbers a while back.

Seems like I sold my vega to quickly :p

Caporegime
I still find it bizarre as there is no use for these items in isolation. It's just costing them double delivery costs.
It's highly doubt it's double the costs. They will have an agreement with a specific courier(s) who will sort them out and get them to each location in the most efficient way.

And then sell that pre-order for a vastly inflated price on eBay "pre-order confirmed". Yes apparently thats a thing now.

Yes, that's now a thing in lots of areas from PC hardware to board games. Annoying as hell.

Associate
I just contacted a well-known store similar to OC.UK but located here in Denmark. I asked about when on the 18th November the sales of RX 6800 would begin. The reply was rather unsettling.

To put this into a little bit of a perspective. This store also has stores in Germany, so it's not a tiny shop. They are perhaps only smaller than the other Danish competitor who released those RTX 3000 series numbers a while back.

They Probably gonna sell them all on eBay instead for double the value.

Associate
tsmc has limited wafer capacity for everyone.
AMD going to have more coming early next year allocated but I suspect we are having a long wait for the 6000 series.
cpu side should elevate the coming month.
smaller cpu makes it easier to fulfill the insane demand for AMD.
best selling all time record

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

FFS. :(

Maybe @TNA can hold onto my TUF 3080 while I start saving pennies..

Soldato

Wouldn't surprise me if this were the case. Ryzen 5000 listings went up almost immediately, so the fact that there has been nothing on the RDNA2 side probably hints at an utter disaster of a launch.

Soldato
We surely have more contacts that work in the retailers to scope out shipments. Its only 5 days now till embargo and doors technically open, if the companies had any stock arriving it would be from now onwards.?..

Or is it going to be like the 3080 launch day where you could 'pre-order' on the 18th and two weeks later some stock may land?

:confused:

Wouldn't surprise me if this were the case. Ryzen 5000 listings went up almost immediately, so the fact that there has been nothing on the RDNA2 side probably hints at an utter disaster of a launch.
Inclined to think this is the case as well - asked CS yesterday (11.11) at another uk retailer what time 6000 series would launch and they said they had no idea... one week from release

First time builder and i have all my parts except CPU and GPU - been waiting two months already to complete don't know whether its worth holding out...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
FFS. :(

Maybe @TNA can hold onto my TUF 3080 while I start saving pennies..
Haha. I may even cancel it soon, starting to feel like I do not want an ASUS card in my PC due to the way they are dealing with all this. I mean they are happy to sell cards on their own websites rather than send a singe TUF 3080 to OcUK. Their rep has disappeared. What the...

Lucky I got a 3080 FE because these jokers probably won't get any stock to OcUK this year.

Soldato
Haha. I may even cancel it soon, starting to feel like I do not want an ASUS card in my PC due to the way they are dealing with all this. I mean they are happy to sell cards on their own websites rather than send a singe TUF 3080 to OcUK. Their rep has disappeared. What the...

Lucky I got a 3080 FE because these jokers probably won't get any stock to OcUK this year.

Unreal isnt it?

Are they on boats or do they get air courier to move the supplies? The silence from the retailers is deafening..

Caporegime
Sorry to say this but like NVidia, there will be shortages at launch and with the competitive pricing, maybe more so. I am in the market for the 6900XT but not in a rush. Expect shortages and anything quick delivered will be a bonus.

Caporegime
Sorry to say this but like NVidia, there will be shortages at launch and with the competitive pricing, maybe more so. I am in the market for the 6900XT but not in a rush. Expect shortages and anything quick delivered will be a bonus.
Yup, basically this. If I don't get one for a good price at launch I will wait till the new year and see what Nvidias responses are.

Caporegime
I am suspect that the reason we see nothing across the board on any site is to try and combat scalpers, not help them. They have less time to setup their bots. So it gives actual customers a fighting chance. They will sell out, anyone thinking otherwise needs to reset their expectations, unfortunately. Even if they supplied plenty of units...the market is starved, Nvidia has exacerbated and compounded this problem with their **** launch and **** follow up since.

Obviously I am not outright blaming Nvidia for the sellout :p and shouldn't be taken as such :) - my point there is that they certainly haven't helped the situation.

I think if people are thinking the listings aren't on the website due to stock shortages, I think they're wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom