• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Giving out product info for an expected sell out before launch only enables disruptive buyers such as scalpers and F5 spammers.

Do you have anything to actually back that argument up?

If the product's good and there's no supply you are going to be fighting people looking to make some easy money quickly, that we also need to wear horse blinders to keep us safe is a bit of a tiresome argument.

Radio silence should weaken the DDoS spike.

If you really want to stop scalpers and bots may I suggest the time tested method of... making enough stock available to meet demand.

Associate
Just sat here thinking, its pretty sad right now in the PC space, so much nice hardware but availability is so bad... having to use a 290 Reference card to tide me over til i get a 6800XT, and cant find a 5900X for love nor money lol.

I think manufacturers should just hold their products back til they have enough units to atleast last a week in stock.

Associate
Has any delay between reference and AIB cards been confirmed? I’ve not seen any pre-pricing info about or anything.

Currently running an RX580 from sapphire so would prefer to stay sapphire as they’ve always been good for me.

Soldato
The ASUS TUF 6800XT is likely going to be a solid card... over 810GBP though according to Videocardz (no link as has a competitor featured in it)!

As we have seen in the forum for every single AMD launch, prices usually start high and then get cut post launch.

The unknown this time is how big both AMD/Nvidia are both hit through the component supply problems all the AIB's are having.

Soldato

If the product's good and there's no supply you are going to be fighting people looking to make some easy money quickly, that we also need to wear horse blinders to keep us safe is a bit of a tiresome argument.

If you really want to stop scalpers and bots may I suggest the time tested method of... making enough stock available to meet demand.
Great suggestion. Can you please provide an exact number for how many cards they will sell on day 1 or could you provide the reasoning/equation to figure out how many they will sell day 1?

Associate
The ASUS TUF 6800XT is likely going to be a solid card... over 810GBP though according to Videocardz (no link as has a competitor featured in it)!

I steer clear of Asus / Gigabyte and MSI for AMD Cards as they are usually massively overpriced, have worse coolers than the other partners, and are generally rubbish...

Sapphire Nitro+ SE or just Nitro+ will be good cards, Powercolor Red Devil.. i love the look of that XFX But wtf is that name? Merc 219 or some junk? the black and silver theme looks wicked but scribbling that name all over it, god knows what they were thinking.

Out of Asus MSI and Gigabyte, i would probably put MSI last, Gigabyte in the middle and Asus at the top of those 3, but they would all be behind even Asrock for me lol..

Sapphire > Powercolor > XFX > ASrock > HIS > Asus > Gigabyte > MSI in that order for me personally.

Soldato

Give this guy a promotion, he worked out what Intel, Nvidia and AMD couldn't. Stop leaving money on the table and just have more supply.

If the stock is going to sell out it's going to sell out, if you get disappointed you'll be one of tens of thousands.

AMD was pretty clear about managing the reality of their 2020 product launches with their memo about restricting abusive buying and limiting the debilitating effect on sites when products launch.

I call a reason for restricting information until launch, part of reducing launch impact on sites. The responsible buyer will review before getting on the F5 button. The incorrigible buyer will not but at least some traffic gets delayed.

Your interpretation seems quite off, this isn't for the benefit of people wanting these cards, it's against them but for everyone else using the sites.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Just sat here thinking, its pretty sad right now in the PC space, so much nice hardware but availability is so bad... having to use a 290 Reference card to tide me over til i get a 6800XT, and cant find a 5900X for love nor money lol.

I think manufacturers should just hold their products back til they have enough units to atleast last a week in stock.

Hah, you want to try buying mid to high end kitchen appliances for a new extension!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom