• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just a thought.
Maybe people will be surprised.
If it turns out I'm wrong about this, then flog me.
The secret AMD is guarding with such jealoysy might be a good/fair availability.

Associate
Just a thought.
Maybe people will be surprised.
If it turns out I'm wrong about this, then flog me.
The secret AMD is guarding with such jealoysy might be a good/fair availability.
There are too many rumours about low stock.

Supply is going to be a lot worse than the number he is quoting..... I know how much overclockers and XXXX got and it is a lot lower than their 3080 numbers.

Last edited:
Associate
There are too many rumours about low stock.
Weve seen rumors of poor stock, but where are they coming from?

Ive seen rumors AMD has given preference to their tier1 partners (Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX and Asrock)

Maybe thats true so naybe its Msi, Asus and Gigabyte whining because their chickens finally came home to roost?

No one knows for sure, im after a custom partner card anyhow so im already waiting the extra week

Permabanned
finland though? Not sure how representative that is of the UK. Take a look at their 5700 XT prices compared to rainforest (ignore ocuk, no idea what’s going with their pricing these days)
Don't know TBH but it does give the UK equivalent with VAT.

I'll check their 5700XT prices like you said, never thought to do that in all honesty.

Associate
Seen allot of rumors here that start with a clickbait title but that gets left out the fact, it spreads it becomes a train its fact before you know it.
I was reading one such click bait thread on one of the popular tech sites it was only right at the end in short mention the whole "No 6000 GPU's in stock anywhere for launch" had "In Australia" was mentioned.......

Are there going to be a huge boat load of people disappointed on Wednesday? Yes! IS that because its a paper launch? No we just have a bunch of scalpers, bots, sad nvidia fanboys who are finally coming out the closet, lockdown Phase 2, its going to be a cluster fk just not really much AMD can do.

Associate
I did manage to get a 5950xt. I wasn't particularly quick on the f5.
Perhaps the situation is different location wise.
One etailer started to take orders for nitro+ cards yesterday, and prices did go up with time.
This prompted me to think that they wanted to take the monies out before launch.
I'm optimistically thinking, that they didi that because they know now is the time to scalp.
Maybe wrong, though.

Associate
And the 6800 all UK pricing

/snip oversized picture that shows nothing.

One retailer who I never heard of who isnt supposed to be showing cards yet breaking NDA, yer the sky is falling, brb getting tinfoil hat.
ALl that proves is that site plans to scalp the hell outta the cards and doesn't care about AMD NDA, which begs the question will they even get stock now? Or ever again?

Honestly you guys need to go take a valium or something, so much click bait around here suddenly is fact before the matter.

Associate
If the rumors about the low stock are true, that is the reason why NVIDIA wasn't bothered launching Ampere in that state. They knew AMD would be facing the same issues, so no. While the 6800 XT beating 3090 seems shocking, at the end of the day, there is still no availability so its just meaningless numbers we can't enjoy anyway. Best get the 3080 or 6800 XT, whichever is available first.

Permabanned
One retailer who I never heard of who isnt supposed to be showing cards yet breaking NDA, yer the sky is falling, brb getting tinfoil hat.
ALl that proves is that site plans to scalp the hell outta the cards and doesn't care about AMD NDA, which begs the question will they even get stock now? Or ever again?

Honestly you guys need to go take a valium or something, so much click bait around here suddenly is fact before the matter.
It's speculative discussion, don't be getting so hot and bothered about it and calm down dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom