• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be good if retailers could actually let the public know if they're going to be receiving stock or not....I'd take that as doing the public a solid.

Not really if you think about it. If a retailer openly said I have no stock of the 6000 series then that reduces the number of visits to that website. Better for them to say nowt and there traffic will probably increase and they then have the chance that someone visiting may buy something else. Even if they have 1000 visits and 2 people out of the 1000 buy something thats better than nowt.

It makes sense business wise. To the general public its annoying.

When RTX 3080 was launched in UK on 17 September 2020 OCUK already sold 1000 RTX 3080s and shipped with Watch Dogs: Legion promotion code.
That is not true. That was not units shipped.

Gibbo posted on the 26th of Oct what they had shipped in the month since launch, so including launch day with the 3070 not yet released.

219 units of 3090 shipped from OcUK
559 units of 3080 shipped from OcUK

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34122343/

And almost all of his updates in the thread are low end double digit shipments. His hints of stock before the launch were also in the low hundreds.

~edit~
Competitor with 4 letters released backlog numbers and they shipped a similar number in the whole month (500 ish) with several thousand backorders. Asus doing the best shipping 100 3090's in that time period.

Those figures covers two of the largest UK retailers. Over the first month of filling back orders, not even launch day figures. Back orders are only seriously being filled in the tail end of Oct and the start of Nov, with 3090's doing the best (due to lower total orders generally)

Last edited:
Not really if you think about it. If a retailer openly said I have no stock of the 6000 series then that reduces the number of visits to that website. Better for them to say nowt and there traffic will probably increase and they then have the chance that someone visiting may buy something else. Even if they have 1000 visits and 2 people out of the 1000 buy something thats better than nowt.

It makes sense business wise. To the general public its annoying.

Agree, business wise it's...not, for us though it would be nice....

One thing i find funny with all of this is the forum is super active! I'm guessing the next hot topic will be 4k freesync monitors...:D

@AthlonXP
Worldwide release figures were something in the region of a few (2-5k) thousand, Max. Australia and some European countries got something like double digits. Some versions were single digits.
My quote was supposed to be a way they could have put a positive spin on the supply vs demand issues.
;)

Agree, business wise it's...not, for us though it would be nice....

One thing i find funny with all of this is the forum is super active! I'm guessing the next hot topic will be 4k freesync monitors...:D

The best thing for business long term is to be good to your customer, and make the experience as pleasant as possible

Take all the goodwill over the 'reserve in cart' mechanism some people use

Lol none of the big stores here in Romania have any info on the availabilty of the 6xxx series 1 day before launch ( aka they wont have stock ready ). At least we had multiple waves of 3070s,3080s and 3090s.

Pathetic.

I can't imagine unless it's legally legislated that anything will change? The big stores give the PR "We hate bots/scalpers" but the truth is the stocks gone it's easy money for them and no longer their problem.
I have health complications genuinely who knows how many xmas I have left but I have a 7 year old this xmas who wont be getting his first games console he wants and his daddy desperately wants to get him because some fat Karren made a Tiktok video bragging she scalped 10 PS5's... Im all for entrepreneurial business but this practice this however is not, its just greed and it has a human cost it's also why still having no GPU despite having paid for one 3 months ago not everyone has the time to just sit and wait.

My PS5 is no longer day 1 thanks to Shop To, but you can have it when it turns up if you’ve not managed to source one by then.

Yes.

I mean had you gone PS5 I would not have said that, but on PC you can pretty much play all the Xbox games anyway :p

Just kidding get whatever pleases you ;)

Problem is i sold my 5700X and having to use a Ref 290... no one wants to ever go back to that again! So im sat on my Xbox SX til i can get a 6800XT lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom