• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bdb469b2-a411-4868-91ad-ef1b4417f966
qH1d6ed.jpg

Directstorage is for SSDs and AMD list this as something different from Smart Access. It seems Smart Access is for faster RAM access across the memory subsystem.

I only skimmed stuff quickly whilst making the updates - I will have a proper read later on.

ye but not worked on nv YET and was used by AMD
@Troezar thats why NAVI looks even worse for Me on x470

Well I am on a B450 motherboards,so probably in the same boat as you.

Yeah, the PS5 and Xbox X are absolutely stellar for the price.

At current prices I'm buying nothing and sticking with my 3900X and 5700XT.

I have a Ryzen 5 2600 and a GTX1080. I will probably upgrade the CPU at some point,but the Zen3 prices have put me off so far - waiting to see if there is noise about the cheaper SKUs. GPUs,I think I will try and hold on for as long as I can.

That's not how I saw the numbers from AMD which included 4-13% uplift from the memory access.
I'll wait on some full reviews though obviously but some crude calcs and the 3080 looks to offer less perf/$. Typically I would expect to get more as you go down the stack to the mid-range.
Any of these will be a big improvement on my 1660 Super though.

A post on Guru3D suggested that the 6800 is the same die as the 6800XT but with aspects disabled. Is that confirmed and will they just be bios disabled or physically somehow?

The 6800 has 60CUs and the 6800XT has 72CUs. The 6900XT has 80CUs and uses the full Navi 21 chip.

Interesting:
https://www.phoronix.com/forums/for...e-amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/page4#post1215694

agd5f X.Org ATI Driver Developer said:
Smart Access Technology works just fine on Linux. It is resizeable BAR support which Linux has supported for years (AMD actually added support for this), but which is relatively new on windows. You just need a platform with enough MMIO space. On older systems this is enabled via sbios options with names like ">4GB MMIO".

So it appears maybe the requirement for RDNA2 and Zen3 for Smart Access Memory maybe more a driver issue or Windows issue,than a hardware issue. In theory Zen2 should also work with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom