• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well they could't spin it any other way could they? The 6800 is half way in between a 3070 and 3080.

They could have overplayed the price difference, but instead they said it's worth the extra money.

From the benchmarks I have seen, it looks like big navi is faster and Ampere is "wider". The 6800XT is good enough for my use case (sim racing in VR on a reverb) but the 3080 is better for VR, so the 6800XT is my second choice and I'm not paying over $700 for one. I'll wait until next year for a 3080 if they want more than that.

Soldato
Yet when asked in another video what they both had in their personal systems, they both answered Ampere.
Yes, because they got 3090s for free. You think even the most hardcore amd fanboy would say - yeah, use the 6800/XT over the free high-end custom 3090 you have sitting on your shelf? Lol. Even so, Steve had 5700 XT before, and will switch to 6900 XT to test for a while.

Also - not usable RT? Mate, I just played through both SotTR & Metro Exodus with ray tracing maxed on a 6800 and was fine. Let's not get carried away by hyperbole.

Permabanned
Yes, because they got 3090s for free. You think even the most hardcore amd fanboy would say - yeah, use the 6800/XT over the free high-end custom 3090 you have sitting on your shelf? Lol. Even so, Steve had 5700 XT before, and will switch to 6900 XT to test for a while.

I think they would be using the best next gen card no matter what. Sure, swap in a lessar card for testing, but you will be always going back to what offers the best next gen tech.

Also - not usable RT? Mate, I just played through both SotTR & Metro Exodus with ray tracing maxed on a 6800 and was fine. Let's not get carried away by hyperbole.

I played Quake 2 RTX and some of Metro Exodus with RT on with 1080Ti. Would I swap that back in instead of my 3080? Of course I wouldn't. Would I swap in a 2080Ti or a 6800xt instead of a 3080? Again, no chance.

Permabanned
Even on Eurogamer it is showing 1440p with 6800 at 56 with on ultra + rt. (metro exodus). (6800 xt get 62, 2080 Ti gets 66). And this is digitalfoundry graphs which have already been shown to be lower than everyone elses.

There was a reason we Pascal owners didn't buy in to Turing ;)

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I keep looking at the next gen performance and it's not so good. I remember one of Hardware Unboxed videos where they were saying AMD GPUs were fantastic, that RT wasn't ready yet so buy with confidence. Yet when asked in another video what they both had in their personal systems, they both answered Ampere.

Both AMD and Nvidia are offering high FPS, but only Ampere offers usable RT.

Oops. I suppose reviewers aren't perfect after all. They do a good job though, plenty of tubers out there far worse than HU.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
That video cracks me up. Safe to upgrade now. Lol. Even they knew Turing cards were a turd.

Yep. :D A family friend bought a pre-build. He shared it with me so I told him to ring them up and switch out a 2060S for a 3070. They have none in stock so told him to ship it without a card minus cost of GPU and lending him my vega till they get stock of a new gen card. The prices of Turing are higher than ampere lol.

Soldato
Was just watching discord for both 6800XT and 3080 RTX and an MSI 3080 Ventus OC popped up on a VERY nice site for MSRP at less than £700.

Lets see if I got one, delivery states by Monday 7th. To be honest have looked at OC results and power usage I think I would have preferred a 6800 XT but overall am happy if it works out.

Soldato
Aye but the last time that site dropped them they only had 2 and 100's ordered and they had to wait 2 weeks for a refund ! Only thing that stops the bots is you have to have a credit account. However they dont have a system to stop over orders.

Another site just dropped some Aorus for £949 they can stuff that. 1 left now what idiot is buying these ?

Associate
Was just watching discord for both 6800XT and 3080 RTX and an MSI 3080 Ventus OC popped up on a VERY nice site for MSRP at less than £700.

Lets see if I got one, delivery states by Monday 7th. To be honest have looked at OC results and power usage I think I would have preferred a 6800 XT but overall am happy if it works out.

I did the same - but the email confirmation stated OOS. So I rang to confirm. No order - refund should take 24hrs.
I'm out of the game until that comes through

Soldato
I did the same - but the email confirmation stated OOS. So I rang to confirm. No order - refund should take 24hrs.
I'm out of the game until that comes through

Mine is at the "Parcel being packed" stage since 13.41pm. I was on Discord when the in stock message appeared and had to register and ordered via credit/debit card. I might keep the 6800 XT discord going for an MSRP reference 6800 XT on the off chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom