• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Also, does amd benchmarks use a ryzen 5000 cpu? Cause if so I can't trust them since they're gaining extra performance from zen 3 being 5-20% faster at gaming than a 10900k so will wait for 3rd party if that is the case.

And lol the 3090 looks so overpriced now, Nvidia share holders will be crying - well actually everyone crying the us stock market has dropped almost 10% this week

Soldato
That's what I mean, maybe with an 6800 XT overclocked the gap to a 6900 XT would be closed a fair bit.

I'd be happy with a 6800XT but seeing I've not bought a GPU since Vega 64 I think I'll push the boat our to a 6900XT but I will wait for reviews.

I will order both as soon as I can then return what I don't want ;)

Associate
Gpu pricing has pretty much been $=£ for a while now, $649 will equate to about £630 over here. It's bs but just how it is.

See thats what I thought, but why is techradar spouting this nonsens about it equating to £500 when we all know it wont work out like that?

Associate
Interesting to see the Smart Access Memory gains out of the box are fairly decent, they said this will only get better when developers make use of it.

Does that mean we can then say bUt WhAt AbOuT nViDeAs AnSwEr To SmArT aCceSs MeMoRY?!!>

Soldato
amd hint anything about ray tracing or dlss competitors?
There's a load of new features in FidelityFX that will prop up the ray tracing aspects, and a few sound bites from developers working with AMD showing FidelityFX features in use, some of which were ray tracing. Looked pretty nice on the dodgy stream on my phone. There's was mention of "Super Resolution" currently in development, whether that's related to DLSS we don't know.

Associate
XSX, PS5, AMD cards are all packing big VRAM.
NVIDIA cards aren't.

Very clear which card is going to have to ditch photorealistic textures when they become mainstream in game development in the next <18 months.

XSX, PS5 pack 16Gb but that's not dedicated vRAM, it's shared across the entire system for the OS + game memory + video memory. At most 10Gb of that can be used for vRAM

16Gb of vRAM is useless, the overwhelming majority of games at 4k ultra today use about 6Gb of vRAM :D

Man of Honour
You got it wrong mate ;)

Haha. Just kidding. Happens to us all, especially humbug, he gets it wrong quite often, happy he was right on this occasion though :D

Let's concentrate on the bits I got right - that they showed off a 72CU part, ~2GHz to 2.1GHz game clocks, new unseen IO feature (AMD Smart Access), price wise slotting in with nVidia for the most part, etc. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom