• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Gpu pricing has pretty much been $=£ for a while now, $649 will equate to about £630 over here. It's bs but just how it is.

Yeah and that's the MSRP comparisons, the AIB models will be like £50 more again. The $700 MSRP 3080 translated into UK MSRP of £650, but the cheapest AIBs are about £720 and the OC variants of about £750-800. So basically if you're after an AIB model you'll be paying probably £700+ for the basic ones. Often there's no tax listed on the US numbers and importing to the UK is expensive so we get fairly shafted on electronics.

Soldato
We now have real choice in the market which is fantastic.

But AMD have played a blinder with the Zen 3 synergy. If you're a potential 3080 buyer you'll surely want the best cpu performance? So that's going to be Zen 3. But now you have the added dilemma of losing performance by not buying AMD? Very clever.

what forcing do you lose by pairing zen with Nvidia?

Permabanned
Not necessarily. If AMD can keep the pressure up over a few generations and gain market share then the nature of competition will drive down prices, barring the 2 companies price fixing with one another.
If :p.

Prices are here to stay. Nvidia would have known about the competition yet still priced accordingly.

Soldato
AMD thinks their prices are reasonable cause the RTX 3090 is priced at £1400, that's the sad thing :rolleyes:

Then we have the new RDNA 2 based consoles which only cost between £250-£500... Maybe its just s lot cheaper to produce the console SOCs, vs Ryzen and RDNA 2 desktop CPUs and GPUs?

Last edited:
Associate
I would definitely wait for the benchmarks on that one since they only shows its performance with all the X570/Zen3 benefits enabled.

And mostly console ported games with no RT to speak of.

6800XT does look damn nice tbh and if it comes in at £625ish is a defo buy for me.

6900xt is an overpriced joke for extra 8CU and 400£ extra.

6800 is an overpriced too should have been in 3070 range.

Associate
Them all having 16GB VRAM is interesting and makes me a bit more comfortable (as someone that upgrades once a decade) compared to nvidia's offerings ... The RX 6900 XT is obviously out... then between the other 2 it looks like the RX 6800 XT has to be the best value proposition as it's not marked that much higher than the non-XT one ... obviously gotta wait and see benchmarks.

I wonder how big that thing will be where they said something about go full this gen AMD gets you another bit of performance uplift.

But I'm certainly intrigued, I want to see some 3rd party benchmarks now, guess that'll be 3 weeks away.

Also they've got ray-tracing hardware on them now, but can that be used for something DLSS like or not.

Soldato
Zen3 enables big navis smart cache access for more performance with amd cards.
Nvidia and Intel cant do that
Game over

That's great and not something AMD should be proud of, they produce both GPU/CPU so it's good to see them leveraging that. If people want that extra performance then it's a good to upgrade your CPU as well :)

Associate
I would say you boys are very positive, but I feel the green rage machine will be calling fanboys. :D

Oh I simply just buy amd stuff.
:D:p

and besides OC the 6800?

Elbzk6qWkAM_9M9

Associate
I'm overdue an upgrade and I realise it is very early to judge this but does anyone have any thoughts on how much benefit I might get from switching out my 980-Ti with a 6800XT or 6900XT?
Leaning more towards the 6800XT at the moment then can put the price difference towards upgrading CPU/motherboard in the new year.

Will wait for third party reviews either way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom