• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
didnt AMD win in timespy but lost in timespy extreme, hoping the reviewer embargo was before launch, but doesnt look that way

Those leaks were a bit nebulous. Videocardz had a summary page somewhere but from what I remember the radeon was far ahead in firestrike but achieved parity in time spy. Anyhow official benchmarks put them at a comfortable lead (caveat being manufacturer's estimation)

Soldato
Those leaks were a bit nebulous. Videocardz had a summary page somewhere but from what I remember the radeon was far ahead in firestrike but achieved parity in time spy. Anyhow official benchmarks put them at a comfortable lead (caveat being manufacturer's estimation)
totally, i always wait for independant reviews, just AMD have a habit of embargos on same day as release, doesnt fill you with confidence, but time will tell i guess, figures crossed

Soldato
It depends on the rest of your system - your CPU has to be clocked in check, and the 6800 XT 100% undervolted to reduce the TDP and any potential voltage spikes which will overload the PSU.

I don't see why an efficient 500-watt PSU wouldn't be able to withstand the pressure from a 65-watt CPU and a 250-watt GPU (if the GPU is 250-watt)..

I believe the 6800 is 250W TDP, and the 6800XT is 300W TDP. Seems like clock speed related voltage is the biggest consumer of power.

Definitely considering unvolting it. Currently have 3600, so could run that almost stock or undervolt. My case is has a server PSU, so upgrading would involve either a really pricey PSU, or drilling out and moving the drive cage to support an ATX PSU, and relocate the drives to the bottom. Neither are awesome options lol.

Associate
I'd need either a 2 slot cooler AMD or buy SFF PSU to be able to fit one. I decided I'm probably getting 3070 FE as fits my system without needing to change the ATX PSU. Another reason is I prefer nVidia drivers, I like being able to tweak video game settings from within the drivers, AMD doesn't do that. Plus RTX and DLSS. Gonna be a long wait until I can get a 3070 FE though from the look of it.

OcUK Staff
totally, i always wait for independant reviews, just AMD have a habit of embargos on same day as release, doesnt fill you with confidence, but time will tell i guess, figures crossed

No such thing as independent reviews....

AMD are doing a great job in both CPU and VGA right now.... Really good to see... And an all AMD 8Pack system is coming...

EK gpu block for the guy looking at that is solid...... 55c loaded tops on a 360mm rad with junction temp around 69c.

Soldato
Seeing more examples of games not running as you'd expect on the Xbox.

I saw red tech gaming (Ladies and gentlemen my name is..) put out a video saying the Xbox has an issue with its SDK and essentially Sony is better at gaming SDK's and graphics drivers than Microsoft and this allows Sony to get more performance out of the PS5 than Microsoft can get out of the Xbox.

ef118b37c83d3c8a9f1effeb75cec9638a83d475ebc19ce7479c7c2afb99696c.jpg

d98aa9cd9a17dee2e12098f8eec3ae66e2f19098f468d3804c1ec002f76b5898.jpg

Soldato

AMD are doing a great job in both CPU and VGA right now.... Really good to see... And an all AMD 8Pack system is coming...

EK gpu block for the guy looking at that is solid...... 55c loaded tops on a 360mm rad with junction temp around 69c.
granted, but over a range of reviews it can give you a truer picture:)

Associate

Interesting if its getting the 8Pack seal of approval!

Associate
I am considering going for a 6800xt along with a pre-ordered 5800x and also a 3080 FE (when I can get one) for another system I'm building.

Don't know whether to wait for reviews or take a risk and try and get one on launch day, I'm hoping the reference cards has a fan stop mode when idle, has this been reported yet?

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Wonder if this is one reason stock levels for launch are uncertain...
BBC News - Felixstowe Port in 'chaos' as Christmas and Brexit loom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54908129

It not just computer hardware that's scarce, I'm trying to fit out a kitchen (American fridge freezer, built in double oven, integrated dishwasher, induction hob and hood) and nearly all the models I want are out of stock with lead times stretching out to Feb!

Soldato
So as many of you, I suspect that getting a 6000 series card might just be a tad difficult. So instead of being without a GPU, no an RX580 is not a GPU it a door stopper at best, I decided to find something temporary. I've ended up with an RX 5700 for 210 quid. It's 2nd hand but never been used as the owner didn't seem to understand hardware one bit. It came with a 6 pin to 6pin + 8 pin splitter attached :p. Some rich kid that just wanted to get rid of it. So I've got myself covered with an alright GPU until the storm is over and the new 6000 series is actually possible to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom