The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Soldato
Problem I had was that they had done this before. Nissan Pixo vs the CL600 and 850i, and the endurance race albeit slightly different has been done too. I like Harris but not as he currently is, I do however like it when him and Matt genuinely have a laugh together. I do not dislike Rory but I cannot relate to his pieces very well so kind of switch off when he is on.

Soldato
I really liked the episode with the Bentley, Rolls and Merc. Th endurance race was awesome.

Actually found myself laughing out loud when they did the no hands drag race - Harris and Le Blanc were so close to having a proper collision! And lol'd when Harris got pushed through the wall.

For the first time it feels like they're starting to actually gel and have a laugh rather than being so awkward and robotic.

Obviously the star in a reasonably priced car segment is awful as usual.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Problem I had was that they had done this before. Nissan Pixo vs the CL600 and 850i, and the endurance race albeit slightly different has been done too. I like Harris but not as he currently is, I do however like it when him and Matt genuinely have a laugh together. I do not dislike Rory but I cannot relate to his pieces very well so kind of switch off when he is on.

Everything on TG and GT have been done before in reality. I expected a little more from Clarkson and co, as the amazon budget and their profile is just so much higher in the motoring world.

Soldato
I loved the idea that because you're driving a Fiesta, you can be fine with taking it for a track day and rubbing along other cars. Because cars at that price are practically disposable, right?

I felt like that was more out of touch with normality that the usual supercar stuff.

Soldato
I loved the idea that because you're driving a Fiesta, you can be fine with taking it for a track day and rubbing along other cars. Because cars at that price are practically disposable, right?

I felt like that was more out of touch with normality that the usual supercar stuff.
I'm glad it wasn't just me. "Whats a bit of paint between friends?" In a brand new £20k Fiesta ST for the average owner demographic... quite a big deal actually.

That line up looked like the sort of bunch where they advertise for people to get a chance to appear on the show in their own car. Now I'm either A) wrong about that, B) it was carefully choreographed with a Renault fleet car for him to bounce off or C) that was a bit of a **** move but "Meh, I'm a star now so I don't give two hoots. Look, Matt LeBlanc just sneezed in my face to prove that I've made it."

Soldato
I thought the fiesta bit was quite good, although its funny TGT had one on last week as well. The fiesta does seem to be getting cracking reviews at the moment (not sure i'd put it above a lambo though). Did amuse me when he parking it, i'll just raise it up, oh it already is as high as it will go:p.

Soldato
For the last episode of this trio it felt poor, Chris in the Fiesta ST was the highlight and I sort of wish that his 'quick fire' review was longer and less time spent on Rory daydreaming about a Rolls.

Soldato
I feel like they really failed to maximise getting hold of that great line up of hot hatches though. The 147 GTA was very nice - if he'd 'rubbed' that I'd have been writing to points of view!

OcUK Staff

I did find it a bit odd, my Clio is worth a few grand, hours of hard graft was put into making it look it rolled out the factory again, I would be mortified if I went on a track day and had car to car contact, as I would with any car.

For me rubbing with other cars would only apply on a car I'd maybe spent say £500 on specifically to race in some kind of potential car to car contact.

Though I take great pride in my cars so even the 5k Clio or 150k Ferrari both get the same care.

Man of Honour

Without Chris that would have fallen flat on its face... (not just its side).

They really need to find that person who sparks off Chris in the studio and I'm not feeling it so far with either of those two though I hope I'm wrong.

Soldato
I did find it a bit odd, my Clio is worth a few grand, hours of hard graft was put into making it look it rolled out the factory again, I would be mortified if I went on a track day and had car to car contact, as I would with any car.

For me rubbing with other cars would only apply on a car I'd maybe spent say £500 on specifically to race in some kind of potential car to car contact.

Though I take great pride in my cars so even the 5k Clio or 150k Ferrari both get the same care.
Maybe says something about how much money they have to throw around.

OcUK Staff
Maybe says something about how much money they have to throw around.

Dunno if a car is in perfect condition or brand new why on earth would you want to damage it irrelevant of how much money you have.

If they want to do car to car contact then maybe they should be doing banger racing with appropriate vehicles as such.

Car to car contact in road cars, even if fun and affordable is also not safe, it is very easy to roll a car in such ways and as they are road cars with no cages well I'd rather be in a car with a cage if doing car to car contact.

I guess what they really meant to say is, hey these are not our cars, we can do as we like with them, so lets crash.

Back
Top Bottom