The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Caporegime
Great episode!

Surprised how good this is actually.

Matt is a great presenter, another new cast member to replace Rory and they have a winner here. The cinematography is excellent as always!

Man of Honour
Must be just me found the whole program boring and uninteresting.

The only bits i didn't fast forward through were the Fukushima part, and the Porsche.
How can you judge a programme you've fast forwarded through?
My girlfriend does this with films, and then says they were rubbish or that she didn't fully understand the plot. Really? You don't say?!

Caporegime
How can you judge a programme you've fast forwarded through?
My girlfriend does this with films, and then says they were rubbish or that she didn't fully understand the plot. Really? You don't say?!

Because it was all about Japan and Japanese cars and the country and cars, in general, do nothing for me, just not interested in any way, that's my opinion, sorry for having it.

The Fukushima part I did find extremely interesting however, having recently had an extended visit to Pripyat, and the surrounding area near Chernobyl, was good to compare the two, would love to go to the Fukushima area one day soon, to compare in person.

Soldato
I could not buy a fast and expensive Kia or Hyundai - sacrifice everything for speed, which for most of the time you can’t use on the road, no thanks :)

Caporegime
Last weeks wasn't much for me, bar the epic Porsche the Japanese stuff just doesn't push my buttons.

Was expecting this weeks to be similarly meh but pleasantly surprised, siarpc needs to go.

Soldato
Awesome 2CV segment, in a generally very good episode.

Chris did an excellent video on driving his 2CV on modern roads back in his internet days. Shame the video got taken down. :(

I did not know this. I went looking for the video just now on his channel; you're right, can't find it. Seems that because it was when he was with /DRIVE, it's now premium /DRIVE+ content. Best I've got is the shorter version from the unpaid channel.

Soldato
Decent ep, it’s now siarfc guys but yeah it needs to go imo.

Sabine is in next weeks ep.

Rory still needs to go imo, Chris and Matt are miles and miles ahead in on screen chemistry and just being at ease.

It likely doesn’t help that he always seems to do his features alone and is always disagreeing with the other two, producers trying to make us dislike him or do they think he clicks with the younger generation?

Man of Honour
I could not buy a fast and expensive Kia or Hyundai - sacrifice everything for speed, which for most of the time you can’t use on the road, no thanks :)

Second time I've thought that about the Stinger - it isn't an unattractive car but then you hear the price and its like you what? without like a Merc badge on it it needs to be £10K cheaper.

Soldato
Indeed.

Kia even took the Optima racing in the USA couple years ago. Made it into the iRacing sim and it's a challenging beastie!

kia-optima-gts-2017-racing.jpg

Back
Top Bottom