The "Top Gear", Season 24/25/26 thread

Associate
Think the Chris and Matt on screen relationship has developed well and the on screen chemistry is perfect, compared with how it started a couple of series ago. This episode was good i really liked the 2 CV segment. I still think they should drop the stars doing the lap.

Soldato
Yea get rid of the random celebrities and have only racing/professional drivers instead tbh.

Anyway, why is the Kia Stinger so damn heavy. 2 tonnes lol...

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
With a bit of luck they'll be a performance bargain in a couple of years time. :)

Yep if in 3-4yr time they are around 15k, with a remaining 3yr manufacturer warranty, then they will be excellent second hand buys.
But do they really weigh around 2 tonne, or was that Top Gear nonsense? Bit shocked as Alfa with their Quadrodlkjfldksjflksjflksjs saloon is like around 1500kg and just as well kitted out with a lot more power, admittedly the Alfa cost nearly twice as much so maybe they made extensive use of lightweight materials.

Soldato
I think Alfa use aluminium. Even 365hp isn't going to feel all that punchy in a 2 ton car though and definitely not nimble in the corners.

But yea, give it a few years and you'll be able to pick one up for peanuts. Not sure what engine they use though, may or may not be good tuners.

Soldato
Depends where you look, you'll find the 3.3 version reported anywhere from just over to 1,700kg to well over 1,900kg. I wish there was more standardisation of car weights :p

I think it's in the same sort of ballpark power-to-weight as the Audi S5.

Soldato
Giulia QV weighs in at 1700kg in the real world; book figure on the V6 Stinger is 1855kg. It's a longer car, though, and my gut reaction would be that it features more equipment.

It's also, you know, £20,000 cheaper than the Alfa. Swings and roundabouts. :D

The 2.0 T-GDi clocks in at 1717kg, which is more reasonable.

Drove both recently; extremely impressed. The V6 really moves out (0-60 in 4.7sec) and is very punchy but it's the 2.0-litre version I liked the most. Besides being more affordable and far more economical during my test, it's one of the more charismatic boosted fours on the market. Very willing and urgent.

Lovely supple body control and a pleasingly mobile tail, too; neither felt excessively heavy but the 2.0 did feel a bit lighter on its feet. A gratifying and enjoyable car to drive in either case.

mSaH6BD.jpg

DES6Fhv.jpg

ti4oqPJ.jpg

AA5O8tK.jpg

8kevmtn.jpg

OwUicu6.jpg

9pQATgg.jpg

HI5M6oh.jpg

Lots of neat driver-focused touches, too. You can romp on the throttle and brake simultaneously without it cutting power excessively (felt like just a tiny amount of moderation going on), and in full manual mode it'll take and hold 7th gear from as low as 1000rpm (about 34mph).

With the traction and stability systems off it won't upshift automatically, either, so you're very much in complete control. Very sweet...

Last edited:
Associate
I think Alfa use aluminium. Even 365hp isn't going to feel all that punchy in a 2 ton car though and definitely not nimble in the corners.

But yea, give it a few years and you'll be able to pick one up for peanuts. Not sure what engine they use though, may or may not be good tuners.

It's basically an in house designed BMW style engine. The chassis was developed by an Ex- BMW tech. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/kia/kia-stinger-20-t-gdi-first-drive-fun-premium-german-saloon/

Personally, I can see these being an excellent 2nd hand buy for a high performance saloon as the depreciation should be quite favourable.

Shawrey

Caporegime
Enjoyed it, the celebrity section is so ****, it really needs to be binned off now.

Fast forwarded through the guests and the 2CV bit, otherwise not bad. :)

So you basically watched the first segment and Rory's little segment and none of the rest yet came to the conclusion the episode wasn't bad?

Lol

Permabanned
Enjoyed it, the celebrity section is so ****, it really needs to be binned off now.

So you basically watched the first segment and Rory's little segment and none of the rest yet came to the conclusion the episode wasn't bad?

Lol

Yeah, wasn't bad as I didn't have to sit through the "star" bit and more than a few minutes of the 2CV bit. :D

Soldato
I really think TG is finding its feet, and I sort of wish they'd include Rory a bit more in the videos where they're doing things together. I bet he's feeling kinda left out to be honest!

Chris Harris still feels a bit forced, so does Rory to some extent, but it's definitely beginning to work.

By comparison, though Clarkson/May/Hammond have genuine chemistry, TGT just feels like it's trying too hard. I also don't like the swearing, which after so many years of them finding amusing ways to not swear, also feels a bit forced as well.

Soldato
Rory just does not have the confidence - his practically manic/hyperactive behaviour in his driving segment,
whereas Chris has the confidence he can drive, and Matt, is layed back with the knowledge he is already a star and can act ?

Man of Honour
Rory just does not have the confidence - his practically manic/hyperactive behaviour in his driving segment,
whereas Chris has the confidence he can drive, and Matt, is layed back with the knowledge he is already a star and can act ?

I find Rory quite good on extra gear but personally I'm glad they've cut him out of some of the sections with the other two he does just come over there way too forced though it does feel a bit at times like they are missing a 3rd person.

Soldato
rory is alright, I don't think they give him the time to shine and the fact that it is so scripted hurts them all.

similar to TGT, they're finding their way and getting better. I genuinely enjoyed EP3 S2.

Back
Top Bottom