• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
I’ve had one and even overclocked 2000mhz+ it ran about 70-75c with stock fan speed which is usually quite conservative, around 1800rpm or so.

I found it actually quite a quiet card. As cool and as quiet as some AIB cards.

Sounds like poor case airflow. No way it should be hitting that kind of temp.
My case is massive mate thermaltake view 37 with 2 200mm fans at the front its a bad card im not the only one with a hot one silicone lottery i guess.

Soldato
My case is massive mate thermaltake view 37 with 2 200mm fans at the front its a bad card im not the only one with a hot one silicone lottery i guess.

Strange as mine was much cooler even in the height of summer maxed out constantly at 1440p 165hz.

Ive never really been a fan of FE since then especially the old blower styles which were dreadful. But I was very impressed with the RTX coolers, actually ran one for a good few months before watercooling.

If you want to reduce temps then you can easily run a custom voltage curve which will reduce noise/heat a lot.

Think I managed around 2000mhz at 950mv.

Soldato
@Dicehunter
Have a look and tell how you got on? I think i found my limit +160 core for about 1980mhz MAX boost if low temps. I crashed at anything higher and never touched the Micron memory. Also does your fan spin down for a split second?
Mines at full RPM via Afterburner but the odd time for not even a second it cuts out and goes back to full speed. Very weird behavior anything on your end? All in all i say this was worth £899 i have nearly doubled all my old GTX 1080 scores and i pretty much run anything. I have had games at 8k like Classic wow at 80fps it is a beast!

I've seen roughly the same clocks as you but as I have Samsung memory I've been able to add 750 onto it and it stays there quite happily, Only seen the slowing down thing of the fan once for a split second but I have a feeling it has something to do with GPU load as I only saw it once when 3DMark was switching scenes, Very happy with this card though :)

Anybody have a 2080 ti FE and how hot does it get mine was hitting 87 degrees non overclocked put fans at 100 percent hits 80 degrees hotter than my zotac mini 1080 ti i used to have i will never buy a FE graphics card ever again.

What are your ambient temps ? I have a 2080 Ti blower from Zotac, Objectively worse cooler than the FE cooler but the same PCB, Die, Component layout etc... just a different cooler and it hovers around 72'c at 1900MHz with a 1:1 fan curve, To me it sounds like you've got bad contact between the die and cooler, Just RMA it.

Last edited:
Associate
How long have you had the card?[/QUA year its sta[/QUO
A year its been running at 85 degrees in auto fan speed since i got it but last few weeks its started creeping up higher to 87 degrees and the fans kept on revving up and down all the time so i contacted Nvidia support and they told me to use a custom fan curve i don't mind but my once quiet system sounds like a vacuum cleaner now when im playing games with the fans at 90 percent.

Permabanned
I've seen roughly the same clocks as you but as I have Samsung memory I've been able to add 750 onto it and it stays there quite happily, Only seen the slowing down thing of the fan once for a split second but I have a feeling it has something to do with GPU load as I only saw it once when 3DMark was switching scenes, Very happy with this card though :)

What are your ambient temps ? I have a 2080 Ti blower from Zotac, Objectively worse cooler than the FE cooler but the same PCB, Die, Component layout etc... just a different cooler and it hovers around 72'c at 1900MHz with a 1:1 fan curve, To me it sounds like you've got bad contact between the die and cooler, Just RMA it.

Thankyou i think the fan does this when changing profiles maybe for boosts? Nice memory clock i am afraid of my Micron i should have used DSR to get Samsung tbh.

I too get about 72c at 1900mhz with my fan on full his card needs an RMA for those temps as i use the stock corsair fans in the Air 540 with Demcfilters and still get that imagine when i put in 3000rpms x4 soon! :D

Permabanned
@Rofflay Could you do me a favour please ? At idle put your ear up to your 2080 Ti, Do you have slight coil whine at idle ?

EDIT

Nevermind, Coming from my mobo VRM's.

Sorry was busy with this rig im formatting to win 7 x64, But i did check and heard zero coil whine i am sensitive to that particular noise, I am one of those who has tinnitus so i based my mobo and psu on digital dsp to see if it helped.

Idk if there is science to that but the Ax860i and my UD4H Z87 seem to work perfectly in that regards. It has been a decent amount of time since i picked up on the tone of coil whine actually.

Soldato
Well, EVGA finally got back to me, regarding the fan blades catching the power cable, suggesting I take a fourteen hundred quid card apart myself!

I told them that was completely unacceptable and that I'd RMA it back to OCUK. So now I've got a minimum of 28 days without a usable PC :mad:

(If it wasn't for the fact that my hands shake like a ****ting dog, I might have had a go at fixing it - but I bought EVGA ((and the extended warranty)) specifically because of their supposedly awesome aftercare...)

Soldato
Well, EVGA finally got back to me, regarding the fan blades catching the power cable, suggesting I take a fourteen hundred quid card apart myself!

I told them that was completely unacceptable and that I'd RMA it back to OCUK. So now I've got a minimum of 28 days without a usable PC :mad:

(If it wasn't for the fact that my hands shake like a ****ting dog, I might have had a go at fixing it - but I bought EVGA ((and the extended warranty)) specifically because of their supposedly awesome aftercare...)
Yeh that's why EVGA are meant to be good this is a bit concerning.

Mobster
Soldato

OTT much.

You put a computer together yourself (or do you) so making an adjustment to a card is hardly cause for 'completely unacceptable'. They probably asked you to do it as they mistakenly assumed your competence

Soldato

Usually that's why people pay extra for EVGA, The service, BUT if someone from their CS said it's easily fixable and you can do it yourself, They probably have faith in people doing it themselves and EVGA AIB cards are VERY easy to take apart, Takes maybe 2 minutes.

Soldato
OTT much.

You put a computer together yourself (or do you) so making an adjustment to a card is hardly cause for 'completely unacceptable'. They probably asked you to do it as they mistakenly assumed your competence

Spinal injury, arthritis, muscle spasms...

...all of which are neither here nor there - when I pay a fair whack extra for a brand because of their reputation of looking after their customers, I don't expect to be told "fix it your bloody self".

Soldato
I was building a rig for a friend, First he wanted a Titan RTX then stepped down to a 2080 Ti, Ordered it from Nvidia as he wanted an FE, All went smoothly and up until 2 hours ago it was on the account, Now it's disappeared from the account entirely even though they have stock, Nvidia need to stop using Digital River, They suck festering butt.

I did tell him to get an AIB model through OCUK as Digital River are terrible but nope, He needed that FE look XD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom