The UK isn't what it's made out to be

Associate
hardly a scientist is it.

what is her actual job title? a lot of machine learning/ai is just developing models it's essentially automated data entry and categorization.

if your coding neural nets I still wouldn't consider it a scientist tbh
You may not consider them a scientist but it's fairly normal for people working in developing models to be given the title 'Research Scientist'.

Soldato
You may not consider them a scientist but it's fairly normal for people working in developing models to be given the title 'Research Scientist'.
she heads a team .i am guessing if you are looking for genetic or medical anomalies you need to know what they are she did a lot of work in childhood leukaemia ,i think going to ucl gave her the London bug

Caporegime
I was being extremely harsh but loads of people have pretentious titles for what they do. when you boil it down.

if you ave published a scientific paper then I would argue your a scientist.

electricians are basically scientists too, at one point it was a science

Caporegime
I was being extremely harsh but loads of people have pretentious titles for what they do. when you boil it down.

Just like the "Engineers" at work who are basically glorified fitters. Call them to fix a machine and 9 times out of ten have to call in a contractor to sort it out or send it out to be repaired.

V F

V F

Soldato

You only have to look on LinkedIN. I've never seen such a generation obsessed over glorified titles, as others said, throwaway titles. It's all mostly image.

Associate
I think as a lot of people have pointed out, there's pros and cons to every country.

I live in Finland and although it's very highly rated there's still certain things I miss about the UK. For example I think my experiences with the NHS is better than the Finnish healthcare system (even though they are both free). Finnish people also take an incredibly long time to open up, so it took a long time to make any sort of connections or bonds. On the flipside I enjoy the feeling of safety here which I never got where I grew up. I also think that there are more opportunities for to do okay for myself but probably less chance to become "mega rich" for those people who are looking for that. Free university (as I got in before brexit) is also a very nice perk.

Soldato
You only have to look on LinkedIN. I've never seen such a generation obsessed over glorified titles, as others said, throwaway titles. It's all mostly image.

I particularly love it when I see that someone is a "CEO" of a company that has less than 5 to 10 employees. It's even more funny when the company isn't even legally structured in a way that requires officers (like CEO, CFO, CTO, etc) with a Board of Directors, like much bigger companies are. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom