The Ultimate Starter Guide for the New Years Resolution Army!

Man of Honour
Anything with a firm sole will do... Obviously if you get into squatting and lifting in a big way, then weightlifting shoes are designed specifically for such a purpose, but are expensive.

My point about your weight is that you are not short, but weigh very little, so you just aren't eating enough of anything. :)

Associate
I recently started the gym again and could do a little bit of advice from advanced gym people. I managed to get myself on a diet to lose weight but I was using a program from Bodybuilding website. I didn't like the idea of using it since you see so many people typing that you can't just pick and choose any random workout routine since it might not work for you/me. So I decided to create my own. I do legs, shoulders/abs, chest/cardio, back, arms. Two things have got me thinking:

1) Should I rearrange the muscle workout to something like legs/abs, back/bicep/forearms ...
2) How many sets should I do per muscle? I'm looking to become lean but building a bit of muscle while doing so. I fear that I might be 'overtraining'.

I'm 5ft9", currently weight is 13st 2lbs. I'm doing about 4 exercises per muscle with 4 sets on 8-12.

I'm not too sure if this was the best place to type this up or not. :)

Soldato
This is an old thread, but the advice on the routine in post number 2 is spot on. Either follow that or do StrongLifts. Picking your own is fine if you have specific goals - like rehabilitating from an injury, but if you’re after something general then the two that I’ve mentioned are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom