***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Getting dry hits on the TFV8, any ideas what I am doing wrong... I used to get the same taste on my baby beast and I must not be doing something right...

Bad coils? I've had a fair number of them with the v8 sadly, wicking packed far too tight.

Either that or the usual priming/leaving it/breaking in/running too high wattage/pg ratio issues.

Underboss
Gents, can someone recommend me a new single 18650 mod please.

Currently rocking my battered and abused eVTC Mini and it's been faultless, just wondered if there was anything else worth considering.

Associate
Funny the pre included ones were the best i had.

Currently running the rba which by more luck than skill i have wicked perfectly and its running much better than any stock coil.

I dont even want to mess with the RBA i will set my mouth on fire somehow
I went in and he said it tasted fine to him so maybe it is just me and im expecting something that isnt there I dunno defiantly tasted different on the lads setup exactly the same though...
Dunno what it could be I really dont, he gave me a T8 coil as a goodwill gesture though so not bad

Soldato
I dont even want to mess with the RBA i will set my mouth on fire somehow
I went in and he said it tasted fine to him so maybe it is just me and im expecting something that isnt there I dunno defiantly tasted different on the lads setup exactly the same though...
Dunno what it could be I really dont, he gave me a T8 coil as a goodwill gesture though so not bad

Could just be the wicking, i've had similar experiences, occasionally a coil will last for months with excellent flavour, others will dry hit within a day.

Tbh every tank with premades i've had has similar issues, qc on the coils seems to be hit and miss.

Associate
Could just be the wicking, i've had similar experiences, occasionally a coil will last for months with excellent flavour, others will dry hit within a day.

Tbh every tank with premades i've had has similar issues, qc on the coils seems to be hit and miss.

This one is a bit better that he gave me, getting a bit of flavour now
He said the other one tasted fine which was weird because to me it didnt...
Think im gonna blast this bottle through then start going through everything I can get my hands on as ive only ever tried 3 liquids so time to get started!

Underboss
VTwo Mini or a Pico are your best bets on the single 18650 front :)

Cheers pgi, just as I was looking at them my eVTC packed up totally - had to order off amazon for prime next day for today. Got myself a Wismec RX2/3 so not a thing like that I was looking for but it seems pretty decent.

Soldato
Cheers pgi, just as I was looking at them my eVTC packed up totally - had to order off amazon for prime next day for today. Got myself a Wismec RX2/3 so not a thing like that I was looking for but it seems pretty decent.

Should be instantly familiar to use, its basically the 3 cell version of the VTC mini :)

E: Make sure not to charge the cells via the RX! It doesn't balance charge correctly, external only!

Last edited:
Underboss
Should be instantly familiar to use, its basically the 3 cell version of the VTC mini :)

E: Make sure not to charge the cells via the RX! It doesn't balance charge correctly, external only!

Yeah I've done some reading up about dual 18650's etc, I have 4 batteries (Samsung Green) that I have numbered 1-4 and will use them in serial. I have one of those 2 bay Nicore standalone chargers which I always use, I don't think I've ever used the built it chargers on mods.

Works well so far, using today as a test to see if it will last me a day at work before it needs a fresh set of batteries, I only vape at 15w @ 1.2ohms but I do chain vape when I'm out on a break. Only slight downside is the weight of the device in my pocket is now greatly increased.

Soldato
Tri cell mod will last an absolute age at 15w/1.2ohm, I could wrestle a solid day from my RX at ~75w/0.2ohm :)

E: woohoo my praxis banshee should be here tomorrow :D

Caporegime
Meh I don't know why the tsunami24 rda leaks like Niagara Falls :/.

I don't overdrip like I first did, I just saturate the coils and then vape. But the damn thing just leaks like crazy, seems to be coming from the bottom where it screws into my mod. The seal on the bottom seems to be ok so can't see why it leaks so much.

Makes my mod quite messy and I'm always having to wipe it down.

Anyone else with this rda having this leak issue. I guess having bottom airflows doesn't help matters much. Compared to my troll v2 rda, which hardly leaks now and I can drip quite a bit of juice into it without having to worry about silly leaks.

Caporegime
Yeh it seems like that's the case but the juice I'm using in it has a blue colour to it. And the leak is blue coloured...tbh I might just ditch the tsunami24 altogether, luckily I don't use it when I'm out and about.

Soldato
My tsunami does not leak... i did it once when i over dripped, otherwise its leak free and im loving using it on my dna250.
I make sure after wicking, that the wicks are not too close to or overhanging the airflow holes.
My2mSE0.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom