***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
the Pharaoh weighs about 100g. I was hoping the Ammit was lighter.

I can only wish the 70g quoted by FT is accurate.

Looking for a decent summer tank. Love the Pharaoh, but the wight lets it down for me.

My Mod with 2 batteries comes in @ 162g

Soldato
the Pharaoh weighs about 100g. I was hoping the Ammit was lighter.

I can only wish the 70g quoted by FT is accurate.

Looking for a decent summer tank. Love the Pharaoh, but the wight lets it down for me.

My Mod with 2 batteries comes in @ 162g

I'll be rebuilding my ammit dual tomorrow, I'll stick it on my liquid scales for you in 6ml mode.

Soldato
I prefer heavy mods. I think I equate weight with quality and safety. My current favourite is the Rig Pig series mech mod which, with two batteries and the Roughneck V2 RDA, comes in at a satisfyingly weighty 434g :cool:

It's a good way to go tbh, all my lightest mods have broken, heavy ones remain :p

I meant to ask you Stan, what's the script with vaping offshore at the moment? Going back off later this year for the first time since 2014, back then it was just liquid they banned due to it being 'toxic', much changed since? I always imagined putting lithium batteries in your luggage would be a big no no, especially as we struggle to air freight lithium batteries offshore.

Soldato
FML just dropped my Battlestar in the toilet :mad:

E: ammit dual in 6ml mode weighs a ball hair over 80g, so assume the 70g weight is in its shipped 2ml configuration.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a good way to go tbh, all my lightest mods have broken, heavy ones remain :p

I meant to ask you Stan, what's the script with vaping offshore at the moment? Going back off later this year for the first time since 2014, back then it was just liquid they banned due to it being 'toxic', much changed since? I always imagined putting lithium batteries in your luggage would be a big no no, especially as we struggle to air freight lithium batteries offshore.

within europe seems to be fine, airport staff now recognise vaping kit fine, havent even had a raised eyebrow.

the 100ml liquid restriction still applies, but thats just for carrying on with you.

as for lithium, afaik they make you put it in hand luggage these days, but if it's obviously batteries in secure battery cases they won't have a problem.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour

It's all a bit sketchy in the north sea. Liquid containing nicotine is banned on all choppers. I was allowed to take batteries with me as long as they were secure but they wouldn't let me take any mods - even with the batteries removed. If you're going to be on the same rig all the time, you can get stuff sent out as freight (as long as it's properly labelled). One rig I was on in the north sea recently had a guy who would make liquid for you but I don't know how common this is. Most rigs sell those little pen things which can help get you through but are far from ideal. You'll just have to gauge what the situation is on whichever rig you're going to and take it from there. Even chopper companies have different policies so it might be worth contacting whichever company you're flying with to check what's allowed and what isn't. I'm never very sure about what's allowed in the north sea and what isn't as I work mostly in Egypt. Things are a bit more relaxed there but there have been rumblings lately about PAS (the chopper company) tightening up on it).

TL;DR
If you can get stuff out to the rig, you can use it (at least, on the rigs I've been on). Getting it there could be irksome though.

Soldato
Thanks for the info Stan! All going well I should be on a 3/3 rotation for a minimum of 2 years and I should be involved in loading the containers for sea freight, so I'll get my gaffer to ask the question and see about getting a supply of 18650's/mods and a charger sent out with our containers. Battery drills with lithium battery packs will be in the container too so can't see it being an issue. Not been confirmed what platform I'll be working from yet, but once I know I'll get in touch and find out their policies.

Does anyone use testing kits on liquid to check for nic or just read whats on the label? Last place I went to (Flotta) only did visual checks of the bottles rather then the contents.

Soldato
within europe seems to be fine, airport staff now recognise vaping kit fine, havent even had a raised eyebrow.

the 100ml liquid restriction still applies, but thats just for carrying on with you.

as for lithium, afaik they make you put it in hand luggage these days, but if it's obviously batteries in secure battery cases they won't have a problem.

Sorry should have said, I meant for going to north sea O&G rigs :)

Associate
:D

Where's the next best place to get VG? Literally all I need, don't fancy paying £7 in shipping from dark Star on a £10 order.

It works out the same else where but the shipping is included in the price. I had the same feeling until I worked out I was paying 0.3p a ml lol Like you can get it on ebay but the product just costs more so they can say free shipping.

Soldato
Ah, I'll give it time and place a bigger order at the end of the month, grabbed 1L from Amazon for £6.95 that includes prime delivery, that'll tide me over till' then.

Associate
Ah, I'll give it time and place a bigger order at the end of the month, grabbed 1L from Amazon for £6.95 that includes prime delivery, that'll tide me over till' then.

Smaler amount doesn't trigger the higher postage most places anyway. Some places I looked wanted almost £21 to deliver 5ltr on top of the price of the VG. Classikool want about 18 quid for 5 ltr with 'free delivery' so worked out about the same as Darkstar in total. I'm not sure if something has changed but I did pay a lot less a year ago. Maybe they have just been stung with losses on such heavy shipping?

Well your 1ltr with Prime delivery does cost twice as much per ml than if you'd bought the darkstar stuff.

Associate
Quick question, got my Nautilus 2 on Friday, went in the shop yesterday and the guy agreed with me the coil was burnt out, so I got another was only £2 so no biggie, but this one still tastes utter ********, not burnt, just crap... What could it be

Soldato
Aye but it will arrive tomorrow, not Thursday if I ordered from darkstar, plus I only need enough for a 500ml batch :)

I'm trying to get my employers to open an account with darrant chemicals (Inc delivery, marginally cheaper then darkstar!) For some other stuff they sell (solvent cleaners mostly), so if they go for that I'll be able to get it cheap and not pay delivery, plus if I can twist my bosses arm, get some of their 7.2% nic on the business account :p

Soldato
Quick question, got my Nautilus 2 on Friday, went in the shop yesterday and the guy agreed with me the coil was burnt out, so I got another was only £2 so no biggie, but this one still tastes utter ********, not burnt, just crap... What could it be

Welcome to the unfortunate coil lottery, a world where QC fails to exist.

Back
Top Bottom