***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Where are you lot buying your nic shots from these days or is there somewhere you can still get hold of 7.2% nic.
Was looking at Darkstar earlier and it's £16 for 18 bottles. I guess it's best to get 100% VG nowadays.
Can someone check the mix here please to make sure I'm on track as I never used the nic shots before.

100ml batch @ VG70/30 - 5.4mg nic
30ml of 100% VG nic @1.8%
40ml of VG
18ml of PG
12ml of flavour

Get PG based Nic. Lot easier to work with, especially if you plan on freezing it.

The 50/50 ones will be good also. Best of both.

h8KHNhS.png

cDsqxnF.png

Associate
Get PG based Nic. Lot easier to work with, especially if you plan on freezing it.

The 50/50 ones will be good also. Best of both.
Surely vg is better, 30ml of pg makes 70/30 impossible.
Anyway, I have about 100ml of 7.2% nic that has been stored in a dark cupboard in my garage for 6 months but it smells a bit peppery, is it ok to use?

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Surely vg is better, 30ml of pg makes 70/30 impossible.
Anyway, I have about 100ml of 7.2% nic that has been stored in a dark cupboard in my garage for 6 months but it smells a bit peppery, is it ok to use?

It makes no difference if you get PG or VG based. It's purpose is the same. It's just a lot easier to use PG based from personal experience.

If you plan on freezing your Nic (which you should do if you want it to last), you'll know that VG goes incredibly thick and hard to work with, especially when it's coming out of a tiny needle bottle like those Nic shots.

____

Make up a 10ml sample bottle using your 72mg Nic. Flavour less; just PG, VG & Nic. If it tastes peppery then it's probably on it's way out.

Soldato
People who have given up smoking for a good while, maybe a year, and have smoked maybe one cigg again, do you get the same buzz off it, could you ever get back to that 'first cigg' high?

Soldato
Well, just been told the offshore platform I'm going to is pretty much an ecig free zone, nothing with a lithium battery and only cartridge based vaporisers allowed :(

Associate
It makes no difference if you get PG or VG based. It's purpose is the same. It's just a lot easier to use PG based from personal experience.
If you plan on freezing your Nic (which you should do if you want it to last), you'll know that VG goes incredibly thick and hard to work with, especially when it's coming out of a tiny needle bottle like those Nic shots.
I mix in 100ml batches and that only requires 18ml of PG so it would make mixing at my desired ratio impossible, I could use the 50/50 though. I have no plans to freeze it as I would probably just mix 6 x 100ml batches up in one go but even if I didn't at least it would keep well in my garage during the winter months.
Make up a 10ml sample bottle using your 72mg Nic. Flavour less; just PG, VG & Nic. If it tastes peppery then it's probably on it's way out.
At what point does it become unsafe, does it even become unsafe or just taste different - I have had a quick search and can't find any concrete info, one guy even said he used his after 2 years.

People who have given up smoking for a good while, maybe a year, and have smoked maybe one cigg again, do you get the same buzz off it, could you ever get back to that 'first cigg' high?
I had a cig about 12 months after quitting and it was horrible - I was on holiday with my friends in Benidorm (typical lads holiday) and I just had to have one but the taste was awful compared to vaping lemon meringue.
Funnily enough, one of my friends who smokes was always asking for a go of my vape instead of smoking.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
At what point does it become unsafe, does it even become unsafe or just taste different - I have had a quick search and can't find any concrete info, one guy even said he used his after 2 years.

It'll just taste different. It's not unsafe per se. You'll probably find the potency (throat hit) has dropped in comparison to when you first bought it. It's due to Oxidation.

Associate

Pretty much like you have never smoked imo I happened to be having a little drink Saturday and misplaced my mod. Smoked a fag and it gave a bit of a buzz. To be honest I didn't like the buzz and only smoked about 2/3rds of it.

Soldato
I'll either have to see which crappy cigalikes will get me through each trip or just go without, I'm on 1mg as it is so it would give me a good reason to kick it completely...

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I'll either have to see which crappy cigalikes will get me through each trip or just go without, I'm on 1mg as it is so it would give me a good reason to kick it completely...

I reckon you'd manage fine without it tbh mate. Get a fidget spinner to keep you occupied, haha.

Soldato
im thinking of going from a nautilus 2 to a kylin RTA. Being new to making coils etc, wondering where is a decent online shop to get some pre made coils aswell as cotton n wire?

Also, any tips for an rda/rta?

I have an archon aspire, so what do you guys suggest? (I'm liking the look of the mesh rda for ease of use, as im a bit tentative in making coils etc)

Gee

Gee

Soldato
im thinking of going from a nautilus 2 to a kylin RTA. Being new to making coils etc, wondering where is a decent online shop to get some pre made coils aswell as cotton n wire?

I have an archon aspire, so what do you guys suggest? (I'm liking the look of the mesh rda for ease of use, as im a bit tentative in making coils etc)

What makes you nervous about making coils? It's very simple mate providing you use one of the calculators that are available and not build them too low. I use http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html.

Loads of videos on YouTube too.

I wouldn't bother with that RDA nor the Kylin. Get something simple and easy to build. I can recommend the Wotofo Serpent SMM or the Desire Mad Dog GTA (both available cheap on Fasttech).

Soldato
(I'm liking the look of the mesh rda for ease of use, as im a bit tentative in making coils etc)
Probably best listening to Gee, as he knows what he's doing but Iv'e got a Mesh and therefore can't hold my tongue.:p

It is ideal for noobs(like myself) for dipping their toes into rda's, I doubt anything gets any easier than using the mesh.

It is genuinely super easy to build, insert one end of mesh, add the cotton, attach the other side of the mesh, trim and drip, downside is it doesn't hold much juice at all and you are constantly dripping-if you over drip, it'll spill out the air holes, the flavour is incredible though and you can use normal coils too if you wan't to learn.

For cotton, you can buy huge bag of Muji cotton on the Jungle site that'll last for ages, but Bacon Cotton V2 is a higher quality imo and better flavour.

If you go the SMM route, Wotofo make packs of pre-made coils that are super cheap if you buy from Fastech or Gearbest, but they'll take about 2-3 weeks to arrive, or a pack of five bought here cost the same.

Its ok, my shifts have been bumped to 14 hour days due to workload so plenty to keep me busy :D

Result:D

Gee

Gee

Soldato

Adding on from what I said above it'll probably be worthwhile getting yourself a coil kit from the likes of Coil Master for example. http://amzn.eu/7ZJxn8J is good to get you going.

I use ordinary organic cotton from Amazon - http://amzn.eu/g3Zun9k. £5.99 for 200 pads (choose the Amazon Prime one as the others come direct from Japan). It'll last you ages. I don't bother with anything aimed specifically at vaping. It's overpriced for what is essentially dental cotton. Organic stuff works just as well.

I'm not that up-to-date on the latest and greatest RDA's but most new RTA/GTA's with decent airflow and a good build-deck perform on par with an RDA imo.

Unless you plan on building 0.15 ohm staple alien quad twisted coils and putting 120+ watts through it, I wouldn't bother personally.

Also just for the record, Fasttech deliveries don't take 2-3 weeks unless you're ordering batteries. Their UK Express option (probably an extra $1 at checkout) takes about 6 days from dispatch to your door.

Caporegime
I just got the same coil kit, from a UK supplier for £26 on ebay.I seen someone at work making the coils, I was always a little 'nervous' about making them. After seeing him making them with the kit, it's a bloody doodle! Takes seconds.

Though we have postal issues at the moment, and it could be weeks before I get any juice. My darkstar order got rejected :(. Will need to revert to whatever I can find local. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Well, just been told the offshore platform I'm going to is pretty much an ecig free zone, nothing with a lithium battery and only cartridge based vaporisers allowed :(
So no mobile phones, tablets or laptops then? I had an argument at the heliport when I was told I couldn't take my vape because it had a lithium battery. I asked if they were refusing everything with a lithium battery. Hypocrites.

Soldato
Everything else is fine, phones can even stay in pockets as far as I'm aware, just ecigs that are getting the rough treatment! Mods aren't even allowed to have buttons, breath activated only!

The battery thing I could work around, it's the zero liquid policy that's the toughie, may ask at the heliport tomorrow morning what their stance is on nic free liquid.

Associate
Could someone recommend me a nice setup on a budget, my Lost Vape Triade DNA250 went missing at my house party a few weeks ago and I have only just noticed as I have decided I want to go back on the vape in order to stop smoking as I hate it.

I have a Smok TFV12 in my draw that luckily wasn't on it, but I am seriously annoying about the LVT, I paid £100 for it on offer on gearbest ages ago and it has sat collecting dust ever since.

Anyways pretty skint and looking to stop smoking, my thing I used to really hate about vaping was I could never find a flavour I liked and felt like I was throwing money away constantly... Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom